• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 10, 2024, 04:40:48 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Changing Ramza into Target Sprite + Job. Or overriding Ramza

Started by R999, April 22, 2010, 05:46:54 pm

R999

So I want to abe able to:

1) Change Ramza's Sprite and Job ID to the Target's Sprite + Target's Job ID + Target Name + Target Gender, via possibly hacking the Molboro formula.

OR

2) Change Ramza's Sprite and Job ID to that of a unit that joins after the event. Possibly overriding Ramza's slot as opposed to insertion.

I know this sounds crazy, but if you have an idea about how to accomplish this, your effort would be well paid off, I promise you :)
(Note that this kind of skill is obviously not meant for your normal everyday FFT games.)

If you don't already know, the game checks for Ramza via his unit ID, which is 01, 02, and 03 (depending on the chapter) of the BlueTeam. But even that is not a concern for this project.

Xifanie

You can force ramza out of the party (event instruction) and make another unit join without prompting. It will enter ramza's slot and the game doesn't check any more than that. Anyone in the first slot becomes the main character.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

R999

Can you be more specific about entering Ramza's slot?  Meaning, do I have to already have 16 characters in the formation before doing this?  Say if I have 15 characters (including Ramza), wouldn't the new member joined be inserted at the end (the last, 16th slot)? Do you mean that the new member joined would automatically be using Ramza's old ID? or whichever is the lowest (which would typically be Ramza).

Maybe I should clarify about my goal: I would like to

1. restrict the player from having no more than one special job unit. So a maximum of one special unit swap.

And at the same time,

2. allowing the player to swap the rest of their roster in the formation anytime as desired after an event or battle; removing them and recruiting new generic or monster members. Only generic or monster units.

note to self: Check out what the RemoveUnit(UnitID) instruction does, whether it removes the unit ID or the slot.

VampragonLord

force ramza out of party
add new unit to party
new unit will claim lowest open number (ramza's)
new character is now main character (if they die, game over)
15:05   slave: consensual slavery is the best thing ever~

R999

Is there a way to set a map's winning to condition to that of,  after exactly one successful invitation, the battle ends immediately? I think this should be possible, by using that of similar conditions to "Riovanes Rooftop" vanilla fight;  if Elmdor, Celia or Lede gets killed the battle immediately ends. Having Invite flag KO, it should work...

I'll get back on this over the weekend.

VampragonLord

just set it to "defeat the boss", then flag boss as invitable. or just a lone unit thats invitable.
15:05   slave: consensual slavery is the best thing ever~

Xifanie

• Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful