• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 28, 2024, 09:19:49 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

New to FFTPatch

Started by fluke84, March 26, 2010, 04:17:10 am

fluke84

Just started using this program as I've just now found out about hacking tactics period... I know. Under a rock!

Anyway, my one major first question is this, I want to make a skill that damages and lowers a stat. Like a knight's power break with standard damage added. I want to know if it's possible to do this given the formulas, or more importantly, other than ASM hacks is there a way to introduce new formulas or modify current ones? Hope that's not a completely ridiculous question... I'm not on the trolley! I got excited today cause I renamed "guts" to "grapple"... :D
  • Modding version: PSX
I'm back...

R999

March 26, 2010, 09:48:22 am #1 Last Edit: March 26, 2010, 08:28:50 pm by R999
^
Ability A: use formula2 and set the status field to Ability B's ID
Ability B: 100% change stat

Ability will proc 25% of the time. As far as I know this is the only possible way to deal damage + change stats in one ability. Unless we get a formula editor...(which would be never).

edit: Glad my videos saved you time. It certainly did for me.

fluke84

Thanks I'll give it a try today! I have no idea what works with what as far as mixing and editing skills so for now it's all trial and error for me. Right now I've tried changing accumulate and heal into different skills, although they don't fully work I still get strange glitches. Sometimes on generics the two skills I edited don't even show up even though upon checking in status they are learned. This is not true however if I modify Guts, it seems it's only the Basic Skills skillset that gives me the strange error.

Also once I start figuring stuff out I'd like to have a look at adding maps to the map selection on deep dungeon... my patch idea pretty much hinges on either chaining battles (which feels clunky to me) or having a menu system like the deep dungeon that allows you to select the map you want to play. I'm pretty sure you mentioned this in another thread R999, if there's been any leeway made on this I haven't been able to find it, what's the status on it?

... hell I still can't believe I never knew about hacktics... :D
  • Modding version: PSX
I'm back...