• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 19, 2024, 04:48:05 am

Innate Supports

Started by formerdeathcorps, March 12, 2010, 12:39:34 am

formerdeathcorps

If I remove innate martial arts from monk, although a base class monk can learn the ability via JP, I can't set him to use martial arts as a support.  Anyone know of a way to fix this?
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

Skip Sandwich

monk, ninja and mediator are all hard coded to be unable to equip martial arts/two swords/monster talk respectively, AFAIK, there are no known workarounds at this point
"Dave?  Are you there?"
"Yeah.  I can't get you through the cell now."
"You have to talk through the bratwurst from now on. I'm sorry. I didn't know it would do that."
http://www.johndiesattheend.com

Pickle Girl Fanboy

I have a problem related to this.  Whenever I give specific jobs innate abilities, they almost alway end up equipping those same abilities.  It would be awesome if someone found where these are, so we could decrease the stupidity of the AI.

R999

@Pickle, ^ Are you referring to AI units using "Random" for their Support in the ENTD? Or something else...

Hmm, I wonder what happens if your unit has Innate Def Up and you stack with Def Up? Should be pretty easy to test this one out.

formerdeathcorps

R999, I already tried that.  It won't stack.  Protect and Def. UP stacks, but Def. UP won't stack with itself.

I know of a technical workaround for monk.  It involves switching the place of monk with time mage/wizard and fixing the job wheel, ENTD, and text accordingly (since we can logically assume no one would try to learn martial arts on TM or Wi).  However, ninja can't be fixed so easily since their unit class is hard coded to the ability to throw things.  The only "sensible" fix I know is to remake the game with a juggler unit class (mediocre stats without two swords since both hands are already preoccupied in chucking things at people) in ninja's place, but change the job requirements so thief becomes the advanced, late-game (with juggler/archer/geomancer as the prerequisite) unit class that has two swords, steal, and all the "better" stats.
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.