• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 04:42:08 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

FFTactext, newbie questions [Resolved]

Started by R999, February 19, 2010, 06:11:36 am

R999

February 19, 2010, 06:11:36 am Last Edit: February 20, 2010, 02:18:40 am by R999
According to the readme file,

QuoteOnce you change something in QuickEdit, the change is applied to every
file in the game that contains that information.

Does that mean I wouldn't need to save anything after editing something inside Quickedit? It would modify the files in the ISO itself? (Like shishi editor?)

Also I am not understanding the DTE part. Does that mean I cannot add too many new entries over the original? (say I wanted a lot of new strings for new ability names, should I be cautious about adding them?)

btw, huge thanks to the FFTPatcher team for making these tools.

philsov

You still need to save the edits and apply the changes back to the iso.  All quick edit does it make entries in each instance of the text.  Ability names, for example, are located and drawn from about 5 different sections of the game file.  quickedit saves you a lot of time spent inputting the text exactly the same 5 times over.

New entries by themselves should be a non issue -- there's plenty of space to go around.  The big thing is character/size limitations so naming a class from Monk to Superawesomecoolmonkofdeath will cause a display error.
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

R999

Quote from: "philsov"You still need to save the edits and apply the changes back to the iso.  All quick edit does it make entries in each instance of the text.  Ability names, for example, are located and drawn from about 5 different sections of the game file.  quickedit saves you a lot of time spent inputting the text exactly the same 5 times over.

New entries by themselves should be a non issue -- there's plenty of space to go around.  The big thing is character/size limitations so naming a class from Monk to Superawesomecoolmonkofdeath will cause a display error.

That's wonderful. Thanks philsov.