• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 07:28:12 pm

Weapon Sprites

Started by Pickle Girl Fanboy, February 03, 2010, 10:24:38 am

Pickle Girl Fanboy

Where are they stored?  Where are the palettes stored?  I can edit them via TileMolestor and hex editor, I don't need a tutorial, just someone to point me in the right direction.

Also, what's wrong with my Buster Sword?  Anyone feel like improving it?

Random Comment:  You can get a wierd blue-haired autumn-themed Agrias by giving her Gafgarion's Palette.

Vanya

You mean the icons, right?
If you can edit them with tile molester then you should already know where they are.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
¯\(°_0)/¯

Vanya

I haven't gotten them to load correctly in tile molester.
Anyway, I *think* they're in 'ITEM.BIN' in the 'EVENT' folder.
¯\(°_0)/¯

Vanya

I think it was Cheetah, maybe.
¯\(°_0)/¯

Pickle Girl Fanboy

Codec: 4bpp linear, reverse order
Mode: 2-Dimensional
Canvas Size: 32 by 31
I can see the pallete right freaking there, but I can't figure out how to get TM to load it.  Help?

EDIT
Cool Idea: something like the Zodiac's palette viewer/switcher would be freaking sweet for this stuff.

If I wanted to change bags into thief blades, where would I find the pointer table for sound effects and attack animations?

Thief blades are a brainstorm I had.  Back in the 1700's, when a highwayman would jack a wagon-load of people he would use a single-edged sword with it's tip cut off, so he could stab people with it without killing them.  No penetration.  Seems like something a thief would use.  Slash with the sharp edge, bludgeon with the dull edge, and slice with the rounded tip.
How would that work in FFT?
Lower attack power, but greater flexiblity.  Maybe they could all have a chance to cause critical.  You could work in other status effects...

Thighsplitter: Thief blade with a hooked tip, for ripping through muscles.
Add: Critical or Immobilize

Casanova:  Thief Blade coated with an aphrodisiac.
Add: Critical or Charm

The Thriller
Add: Undead or Critical

Sandman's Helper: A blade dipped in assorted sedatives.
Add: Slow, Sleep, or Critical

The whole point of a Thief Blade is to make it easier to steal the enemies stuff without killing them.

Vanya

I have the weapon animation offsets somewhere. I'll post them later.
As for the palettes you have to find out the offsets for the address and load them manually. That thing at the beginning isn't the palette.
I think Cheetah knows where the correct palette offsets are.
¯\(°_0)/¯

Cheetah

I do, but not handy. I will see if I can find some time to check.
Current Projects:

Vanya

¯\(°_0)/¯