• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 11:48:00 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Editing Generics obtained from Soldier Office?

Started by TheKillerNacho, January 26, 2010, 10:36:09 am

TheKillerNacho

Is there anyway to do this, using the ENTD or otherwise? I'm trying to make it so soldiers hired from the Soldier Office are at Level 35. Is there anyway to do this?

Thanks

Vanya

ASM most likely. In fact I think I remember there being some info on starting character base stat editing in Razele's ASM thread.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
¯\(°_0)/¯

philsov

Yes, but I don't recommend it for anything other than what I think you're planning (PvP funsies), and even then you'll need to neglect different class growths.  You'll need a hex editor and CDmage.

You can set soldier office generics (and Ramza's) level to anything you want.  But, all this does is set their level.  They still retain level 1 stats.  See also, my post here:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3783&start=60

Really, what I think you want is to make units with level 35 stats, and to do that you'll need to edit the pre-raw stats of all generics to emulate those of a level 35er.  See Raz's topic:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1785

To determine the pre-raw stats (and then convert them into the number necessary for hex, (Raw / 16384)), use 454's spreadsheet:

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=1737&p=31468&hilit=stat+growth#p31468

And again this is where it gets "less real" because you're applying uniform stat growth to all units --  so go with an average-ish growth and determine the raw value at 35.  

THEN once you have those numbers down extract your SCUS file with CD mage, open it in a hex editor, locate the bytes to change, change then, and then re-insert with CD mage.  If you need a better explanation of a specific step don't hesistate to ask :)

oh, and WELCOME TO FFH, WHERE ALL YOUR DREAMS COME TRUE.

Bam, recruits with 35 stats all the way through.
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

TheKillerNacho

Thank you so much for the reply, it was very helpful! I have my patch working fine now with Level 1s with Level 35 stats. :)

I'll be sure to ask if there is anything else I need to know

Thanks again