• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 12:53:55 pm

Problem with Boco

Started by Paheej, January 20, 2010, 12:08:49 am

Paheej

Goal: Add an innate Support Skill (Defense UP) and Movement Skill (Move-HP Up) to your friend and mine - Boco.

Problem: After joining my party these two skills are not in effect for Boco.

Method Used: I edited Event "194 - Araguay Woods" to add "Defense UP" and "Move-HP Up" to Boco under the skills section in his details window.  It seems that in the initial battle (before he is joined to the party) both these abilities work fine.  Unfortunately when added to the party he no longer has these skills.

Question: Does anyone have any idea how I can fix this?  Does he need another Primary set rather than "FF Job's"?  Or am I missing something very simple.  Changes I made to Rad, Alicia, and Lavian seem to have worked fine, but Boco is not working correctly.  Thanks in advance.

VampragonLord

youre doing it wrong.
He is a monster, you would need to edit his innates (and by extent, all chocobos, or give him a custom job/class)
Monsters support/reaction/move slots dont exist, and its all done in innates. did you notice how defense up and move-hp up didnt become L/A/R's innates, just the current equipped skill? same thing here
15:05   slave: consensual slavery is the best thing ever~

Paheej

Crap.  Thanks for the heads up.  Looks like the only way to make Boco the man is to give him and all Yellow Chocobos an Innate or make him a Black or Red Chocobo.  Does anyone have any other ideas on how to make Boco badass and worth using?

philsov

you're better off gutting a psuedo monster job like archaic/ultima demons and using that slot as boco.  this'll enable him to have a skillset and unique innates.  Just cover the ripples (sprite, ENTD, etc).
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

Paheej

Won't I have to use a job that isn't currently used?  Is there a list of unused jobs that I can reference?

philsov

Yes, hence why you gut one of those currently used classes.  The only unused jobs are human-types and even then you need to be tricksy as far as sprites are concerned.
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

Paheej

Damn, does that mean I have to change the sprite but then also change the type with Shi-Shi's?

Jon

Firstly, Boco normally is absolutely worthless after a few chapters, so if you are gonna make him unique, you gotta do it right. He is just a common chocobo with a name and can "speak" in the menu screen, but who gives a moogles ass? Sprite wise, this is what I would do: first change him into a custom new chocobo, like one from FF7 or 9 (blue, green, gold(?), dark blue) if you want. Then get rid of a more or less useless monster like Philsov said, I would personally get rid of the gay pigs running around...but whatever. Then comes the hard part, use FFTacText and change the monsters name and description (everything really) to the chocobos stats. In Shishi, replace the monster with a new sprite and change both the boxes types to CYOKO. Finally in FFTPatcher, add this new chocobo in Arguary woods. I would also edit that he doesn't lay eggs (if you made him into a custom chocobo). Ramp up his attack and give him some decent monster skills and you should be golden :)
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

Paheej

I'd rather avoid eliminating a class to get him unique.  I figure maybe 100 Brave and 1 Faith would make be respectable since he is a Godless Killing Machine.

A little off topic but what about changing the Black Chocobos to use a different palette - and actually be black (if you select a different Palette in ShiShi's you can make the Chocobos appear black rather than purple but how do I actually make them appear that way in game)?

(Also why the hell does it make G-ODLESS become St Ajora?)

VampragonLord

because zodiac said so
and you have to change that ROW. so open it in gale, and change the pallete manually (just swapping colors around, or actually changing the colors)

Paheej

Can you explain the acronym "ROW"?

VampragonLord

its not an acronym. its the word row, in capital letters. Columns are vertical, rows are horizontal.

Paheej