• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 10:12:36 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Help needed

Started by Apocalypse, July 31, 2009, 05:38:34 pm

Apocalypse

July 31, 2009, 05:38:34 pm Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Apocalypse
Alright, I own the CD version of FFT, hopefully, this clears up any legal whatever. Essentially, I'd like to play my game on an emulator.

-I used IMGBurn to create a .bin file from my comp.
-I tried creating a .ISO, but it wouldn't work
-Tried several emulators, epsxe, pcsx, psx
-pcsx and I think psx are both saying the .bin is not a valid BIOS file
-epsxe won't even start, and I can't access the download page, which makes me wonder how I got it in the first place.

So, any help is greatly appreciated, I really just want to play my game on the comp.

LastingDawn

July 31, 2009, 05:39:41 pm #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
You're missig the BIOS, not the .bin, google Playstation BIOS, and you should find what you're looking for.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

Apocalypse

July 31, 2009, 05:45:54 pm #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Apocalypse
Hmm, I get what you mean there...I'll DL the BIOS, set 'em up, and see if I have any problems from there.

*edit*-nice! Got it working, I'm using pSX v1.13 and it turned out pretty self-explanatory, no sound or graphics plug-ins. Just have to figure out all the controls and it looks like I'll be set!

grenadier42

August 05, 2009, 06:52:43 pm #3 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by grenadier42
Quote from: "Apocalypse"Hmm, I get what you mean there...I'll DL the BIOS, set 'em up, and see if I have any problems from there.

*edit*-nice! Got it working, I'm using pSX v1.13 and it turned out pretty self-explanatory, no sound or graphics plug-ins. Just have to figure out all the controls and it looks like I'll be set!

Just so you know, even though you have a legal copy of the game you're using, downloading the BIOS is technically illegal. (I disagree with it, but...) I doubt anyone cares, but just for your information.  :o