• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Getting Aliste to join the party

Started by Donkeyton, February 02, 2010, 10:02:42 pm

Donkeyton

I tried clicking the "Join after event" tab on Aliste for his Lionel Castle battle, knowing that he remains on screen after the fight and could theoretically be ushered into the party. Sure enough, it asked to add him after the battle. I clicked "Accept," but he does not appear in my formation screen. Where am I going wrong here? Any help would be much appreciated.

Note: I gave him the Grand Duke unused class, and I modded the Grand Duke class to include an assortment of Martial Arts and Squire skills. Nothing that should be buggy, as far as I know.

Zypher

hmm I'm not sure... never got him to join that way since I would hack him in via Lion Editor so I can't be much help. From what i understand people joining in that way should be as simple as you stated...but can you clarify the note at the end of your post? I don't quite get as to what exactly you're describing

Note: His sprite in Lion Editor is A6 (although his name is not attached to that job class the way other special classes are)
Doing a lolhaxx playthrough of WotL 1.3

Donkeyton

So he appears in the party roster, actually, but in a buggy form. He has Ramza's sprite, and when you try to change his job, the game freezes. My guess is that Aliste is buggy in some way. I'm not sure he can be added without LionEditor.

In general, can you add special characters after battles like this without using LionEditor? Or do certain specials bug the game?

SilvasRuin

Ah, it probably has something to do with the image file for the party roster and job wheel sprites.  I suspect he's not in there and the data winds up doing something bizarre since it isn't designed to look for it.

That's just a wild guess though.

Donkeyton

Gotcha. Theoretically, could I add a different special unit to my party without problems? For instance, let's say I want to add Wiegraf or Milleuda: making them appear as a guest during the Aliste battle, and then having them join when I'm done. Would the presence of one of them work properly, or would I run into similar bugs?

Smitson

Aliste and the other guy from that side quest are the only two that you'll have trouble adding.

Zypher

hmmm.... ya know come to think of it I never changed Aliste's job w/o Lion Editor (Rune Knight with Limit secondary)so I never ran into the job change problem you mentioned. The Ramza sprite part sounds par for the course when having special NPC classes in your roster...however what did you mean when you said :

QuoteNote: I gave him the Grand Duke unused class, and I modded the Grand Duke class to include an assortment of Martial Arts and Squire skills. Nothing that should be buggy, as far as I know.

what exactly are you explaining here? since this might be contributing to the problem as well, so if i may ask could be more specific as what you did? Are you trying to change him into this modded class?
Doing a lolhaxx playthrough of WotL 1.3

formerdeathcorps

What did you flag Aliste's sprite set to be?  You need to set it to that of Grand Duke, and switch the sprites of the two characters, or you'll have problems with display and usable in-battle skill sets.
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

Wiegraf

Im using 5.00 M33-6 and Aliste as well as Bremondt work fine. Of coarse, I never tried to change their jobs, but really why do you even need to? You can use Lioneditor to master the other classes abilities and then set it to secondary.
What troubled sleep have you known to speak of my dreams? No matter how sweet, a dream must always fade into day...

-Wiegraf