• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

ASM Question

Started by formerdeathcorps, January 26, 2010, 07:54:51 pm

formerdeathcorps

Which one of the following can be done with current knowledge?  If so, where in Battle.BIN should I look?

1. Change blade grasp to not affect arrows and gunshots.
2. Change arrow guard to block gunshots but not units using jump while equipping a bow/crossbow.
3. Change axe/flail/bag formula to ([PA/2] + rdm{1...PA})*WP
4. Change golem and MP Switch to accept carryover damage (so if I deal 150 HP damage to a person with 5 MP with MP Switch, they take 145 HP damage instead of 0).
5. Change drain effects to not account for carryover (so if I deal 70 HP damage off of life drain to a person with 20 HP, I regain 20 HP).
6. Change hamedo to react against monster physical attacks.
7. Make only some monsters mountable (I know someone wrote the code to make all monsters mountable, but riding a uribo or goblin seems improbable).
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

SilvasRuin

1.  I've seen an ASM hack somewhere to make it only affect things with blades.
2.  I think something's been done with that.  I also don't think it blocks Jump in the first place, but I could be wrong.
3.  Yes, weapon formula changes can and have been done.
4.  Don't know about this one.
6.  Don't know about this one either.  Sounds doable...
6.  I think this is doable, but it might be tricky.  It would have to involve flagging their normal attack skills somehow, I think.  I don't believe anyone has done anything like this yet.
7.  No idea.

Vanya

Enough with the questions outside of the Help forum. Thank you for your cooperation. ^_^
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
¯\(°_0)/¯