• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 10:08:06 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Can someone explain to me how this works?..

Started by TheFuror1191, September 30, 2008, 11:09:58 pm

TheFuror1191

September 30, 2008, 11:09:58 pm Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by TheFuror1191
First off, FFTPatcher is amazing! I've never had so much fun messing around with the guts of a video game and after lots of trial and error I'm pretty good with this thing.

There is one thing I'd like to understand better though...

I don't fully understand the option in the "ENTD" section that lets you change "Jobs unlocked" for a chosen character, and I don't understand what the number just to the right of this option does exactly.

I assume that the number to the right represents the level they are in the job you choose, considering I've never seen it go beyond 8, but I'm still pretty clueless asto how the "Jobs unlocked" works.

If I were to set the "Jobs unlocked" to Mime, for instance, would it also level up the classes needed to unlock Mime?
Also, I'm interested in making a version where human enemies have all jobs mastered, am I able to do this using the "jobs unlocked" tab alone?

Thank you in advance to anyone who can help me, and sorry if it's a lot to read, I didn't know how to summarize better  :oops:

Lydyn

October 01, 2008, 12:57:18 am #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Lydyn
Quote from: "TheFuror1191"I assume that the number to the right represents the level they are in the job you choose...

If I were to set the "Jobs unlocked" to Mime, for instance, would it also level up the classes needed to unlock Mime?

That's exactly right, actually. It's just that simple. The only way I know how to have all jobs mastered is to mess with the "Job Levels" tab and make it so you need 8 in every class to unlock Mime ... now following that, you would just set whatever unit to have Mime unlocked and you'll have a unit that has 8 levels in each class. This may not promise they master it, though, simply because 2,100 JP isn't enough JP to master a lot of jobs.

To fix this problem, you set level 8 on the "JP Required" on the "Job Levels" tab (scroll down) to 65,535 JP required. You'll have most classes mastered then, except maybe Summoner that needs Zodiac to hit them ... I forget if the AI will automatically learn those or not.

Hope that makes sense and it helps.

TheFuror1191

October 01, 2008, 01:28:11 am #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by TheFuror1191
That makes perfect sense, Thank you so much for the reply.

That was probably the last thing I was really scratching my head about so now I can start having some fun  :D