• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 23, 2024, 08:43:02 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Your Favorite FF music

Started by GeneralStrife, August 27, 2010, 10:47:39 pm

Wiz

THAT THEME ROCKS! I love that boss theme especially when it gets all majestic at 00:30 :)

One of my favs is no not only the overrated "One-Winged Angel", but the tropical theme of "Cinco de Chocobo"

• Modding version: Other/Unknown

SilvasRuin

I'm on the fence about the following two:

Clash on the Big Bridge is more "fun," but the Temple of Chaos is simply beautiful.

FFMaster

☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢

SolidSnakeDog

Ahhh Celes Theme...always liked that one. Maybe even the sadest character theme in the series.

I like many music form ff so i cant say what i like the most,but id say ff4 boss battle(Snes version) new version ok but i like the original better.

Pickle Girl Fanboy

"To the place of the gods" from FFXII
"Terra" from FFIX
"Bran Bal" from FFIX
"Clash on the Big Bridge" from FFXII and "Raffello Battle" from Chocobo's Mysterious Dungeon, which are covers of "Battle on the Big Bridge".

Zozma

I have so many i cant quite decide...

Battle on the Big Bridge, FFV
the overworld theme when you first begin the WOR in FFVI (lol with the wind ambiance)
Bran Bal, FFIX
FFIV overworld theme

I think my favorite set of music in general is all the ones from FFVI
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

Eternal

Not in any particular order:

1) Fisherman's Horizon (FFVIII)
2) Great Salt Plains (FFVIII)
3) Aria di Mezzo Caraterre (FFVI)
4) Phon Coast (FFXII)
5) Flash of Light (FFXIII)
6) Fighting Fate (FFXIII)
7) Boss Theme A (FF)
8) Locke's Theme (FFVI)
9) Eternity: Memory of Lightwaves (FFX-2)
10) The Battle for Freedom (FFXII)
11) Doga and Unei's Theme (FFIII)
12) Crystal Tower (FFIII)
13) Awakening (FFXI)
14) Yuna's Theme (FFX)
15) Seymour's Ambition (FFX)
16) Determination (FFTA2)
17) Looming Crisis (FFTA2)
18) Under the Stars (FFT)
19) Antidote (FFT)
20) Crystal (FFTA)
21) JENOVA Complete (FFVII)
22) Theme of Love (FFIV)
23) Great Forest of Moore (FFV)
24) Lunatic Pandora (FFVIII)
25) Basch's Reminiscence (FFXII)
26) Battle In the Dungeon #2 (FFXI)
27) Ami (FFVIII)
28) Where I Belong (FFVIII)
29) Magitek Research Facility (FFVI)
30) Tifa's Theme (FFVII)

All songs I would definitely recommend that you listen to on Youtube, or request on the FFRadio. ^_^
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

philsov

1) FF4 - Prologue (many versions, ff4 is da best though)
2) FF5 - Clash on Big Bridge
3) FF - Matoya's Cave!!
4) FF9 - You Are Not Alone
5) FF6 - Forever Rachel

Edit:
6) FF6 - Opera
7) FF6 - Dancing Mad (1 winged angel suuuuuuuuucks)

(Clash is already linked!  hi-five)

Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

Tigerspike

FFIII--KURAYAMINOKUMO, especially the Black Mages version.
Oh come now. That doesn't even make sense. How can flimsy paper possibly beat the raw density of stone?

LastingDawn

Hmm... favorite FF songs...

FF I - Probably the traditional Chaos Temple
FF II - Mysidia Tower OR Wild Rose, it's all dependent on my current mood.
FF III - Boundless Ocean as  the first, Crystal Tower is a Close second both great songs but Crystal Tower isn't long enough in my opinion.
FF IV - Oh boy... so many great tracks its difficult to choose just one... I'll probably go with Edward's Harp. It wins out just a margin over the others.
FF V - Deception By far, it is probably one of my favorite songs in the entire series. Unfortunately it's not played that often. When I think of themes, I love themes that play or corrupt other main themes. A perfect example of that is here. (With Deception being a variation on the main theme)

FF VI - Hmm... another difficult one to place... It's very close between Coin of Fate and Forever Rachel.
FF VII - I think I'll have to go with World Map music.
FF VIII - Balamb Garden. Such a calm peaceful theme. Ultimecia's Castle is a close second.
FF IX - I'm going to have to say the "Duel" theme at the play, whose name I can never easily remember.
FF X - Hymn of the Fayth.
FF XII - Probably Basch's Reminiscence (because it follows the theme of the "Crystal" tracks from other Ivalice games, probably was designed when Basch was designed as the main character)

(good idea philsov)

Chaos Temple already linked.

"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

Jon

I really like the music for Odin's palace in FF8, I have no idea what its called though. Also from FFCC, "When the Northern Sky is Clear", man its awesome.
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

Zozma

actually, not an FF but one of my favorite musics is 'secret of the forest' chrono trigger... lol (well thats what i have the track labeled as)
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

SilvasRuin

If we're going to include the Chrono Trigger series, then ALL of the Chrono Cross music and Memories of Green, Singing Mountain, and Schala's Theme from Chrono Trigger.

Sad that this was one of the most uncommon songs to hear for very long depending on how much you relied on the Epoch's flight and how much of the side-quests you played.  World map music from the Present.

Tragically never used until the PSP remake/re-release.

Appropriately, if you listen for it, certain sections of notes sound straight from Magus' Theme.

Kaijyuu

Forever Rachel and Fierce Battle (from 6) are my favorites.

Forever Rachel's one of those songs that gets more powerful the more you understand the story behind Locke.

Fierce Battle's just awesome and used exclusively for great boss battles.

Fierce Battle (from 5) and clash on the big bridge also come to mind. As does FF4's regular boss themes. And cataclysm (6). And the magitek research facility.

Lots of choices of great songs.
  • Modding version: PSX

Jon

September 07, 2010, 06:32:15 am #16 Last Edit: September 18, 2010, 04:55:48 pm by Jon
I forgot "Buried in the Snow" from 7. Gotta love that snow town!

There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

Shade

FFV clash on big bridge
FF(PSX) Chaos(It's not in nes, it still kicks ass)
FFIV dreadful fight
FFVII Jenova
FFVIII boss battle theme(weird isn't it)
FFIX Final boss
FFX Seymour fight
FFVI dancing mad
FFXII Esper fight(only good battle song(actually it's only good piece of music in the game)
Upupupu...

Zetsubou

Kagebunji

Today Et linked me to beautiful theme from FF6, Relm's Theme, it is making me soo calm, epic.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VUWrf_sk0s

mav

I decided to listen to various themes from FFI to pick a favorite from it and I realized that I love every freaking theme from it. Only the 8bit versions though, not these new hyped up remixes and whatnot. I was born only a few months before it came out and I literally grew up with that game, so it's definitely got some themes that can tug at my heartstrings.

Forever Rachel's an amazing tune as well. Try listening to it on piano or classical guitar. It's something else.