• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 05:53:41 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Ability Animations?

Started by Vangpride, June 30, 2010, 08:07:37 pm

Vangpride

Just today i was messing around and i thought i will try to mess with Animation tab. Odd part is, does this tab makes skill casting different? Like could i cast a spell like lets say "Ultima" like a sword strike? Like when your using Judgement bolt or Divine Ruination. Btw this is on the Psp version. I tried to change some of the skills like how some of other skills are like and it failed horridly...like i tried making one of the geomancers attack cast like a sword stike, when i put it into my iso and tested it, all it did was have a range like a regular attack and only had 09% to successfully land...what was up with that..? Anyone have success with this tab yet? Please let me know thanks.

Vangpride

Xifanie

If you copy a sword technique animation over Ultima's, the character should be striking with its weapon.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Vangpride

Quote from: "Zodiac"If you copy a sword technique animation over Ultima's, the character should be striking with its weapon.

Well I did. I copied lets say the same sword ability on Crush weapon to one of the spells and it didn't work..btw this is on FFT patcher...which is 7 00 00 i think? something like that...

Vangpride

Vangpride

Quote from: "Mega_Tyrant"take a look at this

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3656

I looked at it..I still don't quite get it. I made the skills a weapon strike and also copied the attack animation..but it didnt work..zzz

philsov

the ability doesn't work or the animation doesn't work?
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

Vangpride

Quote from: "philsov"the ability doesn't work or the animation doesn't work?

Well TBH i got it to work but one big problem..Why is the animation for the attack greatly slowed down? It's kinda annoying and make not want to use that skill...zzz. I made Firaja a weapon strike lols. It hella lagg after dmging the enemies..zzz

Pride

Are you modifying the calculator job? If so, thats why it will be lagging because it doesn't accept aoe very well and will lag heavily.
  • Modding version: PSX
Check out my ASM thread. Who doesn't like hax?

Vangpride

Quote from: "Pride"Are you modifying the calculator job? If so, thats why it will be lagging because it doesn't accept aoe very well and will lag heavily.

modding by what do u mean..?

RandMuadDib

Its because you used the spell animations. In WotL the spell animations slow down the game, so it takes twice as long. This happens with all spell effects, including holy sword abilities and things like chakra. So far there is no way to fix the slowdown.
I will show you the power of SARDIIIIINES!!!!