• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 01:09:55 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Help with FFT Patcher

Started by Vangpride, June 24, 2010, 11:22:07 am

Vangpride

So i start up my FFT Patcher program. I go to utilities - Decryp my New Iso. I go to new Psp patch on the "File Tab" I create a new class and new skills sets. I then copy the Cw cheats it has generated and paste it to my Cw cheat DB. I then exit out of my FFT patch, not saving anything besides copying the new codes generated to Cw DB. I then also edit it with FFT Tactext and Shishi sprite editor. I get no errors with the sprites or Tactext  :D and went back to re-edit a new Iso to edit it differently the game now crashes..  :(
P.S. why doesn't some of the Sprites i download fit my Ramza sprites? Like his mercenary and all his other ones. The  only one that worked so far is his Holy knight sprite :(

philsov

can't you just patch your iso directly instead of copying over the codes?
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

Vangpride

Quote from: "philsov"can't you just patch your iso directly instead of copying over the codes?

Well I'm not sure for the Psp version i don't you can. I have yet to solve this problem. Someones gotta have an answer. :(

Vangpride

So i was searching and apparently Chemist, Dragoon, Samurai, and Geomancer i think are the bugged classes which i thought could be the reason why my game was freezing. So i decided to remake an Archer class into a new class "Angel Knight" Renaming the skills "Aim" into "Angelic Arts". I took out all the "Aim + xx" and putted in Curaja, Wall, Reraise, Haste, Holy, Odin, Judgment Blade, Hallowed Bolt, Cleansing Strike, Divine Ruination in place of those. "Here is the problem i encounter though" the game actually did not freeze this time but i was actually able to fight, but the skills i putted in replace had an attack radius as if i was just doing a "regular attack"? My "Odin Spell" had a target tile of a "regular attack" and had no radius effect like it's suppose to have. I am very puzzle by this. What is wrong?

philsov

Yes, you can patch directly onto the psp.

If the ability range is the same as the weapon range, then you have something checked within the ability to make it so.  "Ranged weapon" has this effect, I believe.
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

Vangpride

So i've been religiously finding ways to do custom classes and what not and it's been pretty successful. I found out what the problem was. Now i have questions reguarding attacks such as Crushing blow from the dark knight class and moves from the heaven knight class. I made the range of the attacks bigger but why does it lag when targetting further away enemies? Also when i increase crushing blows attack radius it hits once enemy but than the other target gets hit later..i want the targeted area to get hit like a summon. Is that possible?