• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 03:35:54 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Creating a PPF file and custom sprites

Started by lou4rpgs, June 17, 2010, 03:34:01 pm

lou4rpgs

First I would like to take a moment and thank everyone who has put in so much time and effort into creating all the tools found on this site and some of the wonderful patches I have tried (loved 1.3 especially). You guys and girls do good work and I have greatly enjoyed them  :)

I have a question regarding adding custom sprites into an iso. When I replace say for example Cloud's sprite with a custom sprite (making sure to change the unit.bin and wldface.bin files as well), once I create a PPF my buddy who I added the character for it has all the changes made with the exception of the custom sprite showing up in battle. The unit and wldface bins both show the sprite I replaced Cloud with but the battle sprite does not seem to transfer over as well. Is there something I am missing when making the patch? Or should my buddy just install the custom sprite himself on his ISO? I've been searching the forums for a couple weeks now to see if I could find an answer to this but so far have not been very successful.

Any help you all can give would be greatly appreciated.
Regards,
Lou