• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 30, 2024, 09:32:02 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Can you add random battles to story-only battle locations?

Started by Timbo, April 23, 2010, 01:14:43 pm

Timbo

Can you add random battles to story-only battle locations?  For example, I always thought it was a huge waste to have great maps like Fort Zeakden with its snow and its bridge only useable once.  I'd like to turn it into a random battle map.  Is this doable?
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Timbo

Xifanie

Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Timbo

No need.  Your signature was one of the first things I read and memorized from day one.  A simple no would have sufficed.  I'm not versed on what can and cannot be done in event editing yet, as I'm only now about ready to start learning how to do it.

Xifanie

Quote from: "Jack of All Trades"A simple no would have sufficed.
Then you didn't understand my signature at all.

You have 3 options:
1- Someone will do it for you
2- You learn ASM and do it yourself
3- You just give up on it
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)

Timbo

I'm sorry.  I just re-read my OP.  Even though I wrote "Is this doable?", the meaning behind it, in my mind, was "Has this been done yet?"  Which is what I was actually trying to ask.  I read your post thinking that you had answered what I meant, rather then what I wrote.  In retrospect it seems that your post wasn't a snotty remark.  

Once again I'm sorry for being a crybaby.

Cheetah

Is this actually unknown stuff Zodiac? I thought this was related to the world map conditions you were working on for a while, or is it somewhere else? It seems like it would be pretty straight forward.
Current Projects:

Timbo

Quote from: "Cheetah"Is this actually unknown stuff Zodiac? I thought this was related to the world map conditions you were working on for a while, or is it somewhere else? It seems like it would be pretty straight forward.
He must not have been working on this.

Xifanie

I can't see the correlation between the the Invisible status and World Map Instructions?