• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 30, 2024, 04:09:59 am

Delete me.

Started by SolidSnakeDog, April 09, 2010, 11:06:43 pm

SolidSnakeDog

April 09, 2010, 11:06:43 pm Last Edit: April 11, 2010, 12:12:43 pm by SolidSnakeDog
I need to learn how to do ASM hacks to do the folowing effect :

1.Giving Normal attack command unlimited range and ignore walls and Height.
2.Giving Items and Throw the same effect that nomber one.

The problem is i don't even know the basics and i think this take lots of time traning and experimenting to do something userfull. And complex to do.
Is the 2 effects even possible by ASM hacking anyway? And how hard will it be?
I Need to know this before i start anything.

My problem is, i don't even know where to start. i am completely glueless about ASM hacking. (Don't even know what tool i need...or what the nombers do.)

...i am screwed right?

Older topic : If this worth to continue my patch?

This was a hack i made some time ago but after updating it and no one was downloading it for 2-3 weeks i given it up because no one was interested in it.

This hack is actually a new battle style. The title is aslo worng by the way : *Turn based FFT* Should be*Don't move FFT* or something simular....and better  :wink:

Now, i posted this for this reison : I want some people that got free time to try out a few battles form my patch and telling me if this is worth finishing. (Or interested in it...)
If you really like it, you may even put commenting videos of my hack on youtube.(This will affect me more that you know)
If this ever hapend, this will be my *Star power* meaning my will to complete this will skypoket.
But im probably asking too much there. For now i just need a few comments form it.

If you want to try it out, just go to my link below.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3945&p=86642

VampragonLord

eh, it probably isnt worth finishing, i mean, not like you would be good enough to finish it anyways.
You had a decent concept i guess, and the work is ok, but you should probably leave the patch making to the real "pros" like Voldemort...... mmmmm Voldemort..... hes way sexy...
15:05   slave: consensual slavery is the best thing ever~

SolidSnakeDog

Quote from: "VampragonLord"eh, it probably isnt worth finishing, i mean, not like you would be good enough to finish it anyways.
You had a decent concept i guess, and the work is ok, but you should probably leave the patch making to the real "pros" like Voldemort...... mmmmm Voldemort..... hes way sexy...

Thats was harsh.  :|

VampragonLord

words are just that, finish the patch and put out a final version, or shut up about it. we dont need a whole topic in the help section to "inspire" you to do it.
And dont go and say "i know what im doing" then immediatly after go "but asm is too far out of my league"

either you clearly arent as good as you say you are, or are too lazy to learn a vital skill to a patch you want us to "encourage" you to finish.
15:05   slave: consensual slavery is the best thing ever~

SolidSnakeDog

Quote from: "VampragonLord"words are just that, finish the patch and put out a final version, or shut up about it. we dont need a whole topic in the help section to "inspire" you to do it.
And dont go and say "i know what im doing" then immediatly after go "but asm is too far out of my league"

either you clearly arent as good as you say you are, or are too lazy to learn a vital skill to a patch you want us to "encourage" you to finish.

*Too lasy to learn*...yeah right... I just don't have eneuf time to actually learn how to do ASM hacks. (I heard this take mouths before you can understand it eneuf to actually do something userfull.I Just don't have eneuf free time to learn all this...i don't even know the basics so this will probably take longer.)

Aw crap, i got it...Is there a toturial for ASM hacks somewhere? Something to get started at less?
But even by learning the basics i will not be able to fix the folowing problems in my patch.

1.Giving regular attack command unlimited range and ignorewalls and can hit anywhere even is the enemy is above 2H and lower that 3H.
2.Giving Items and Throw unlimited range and ignoring walls.

...even if i learn the basics id probably never figure out how to get the 3 effect i want anyway.
I don't fell like trying millions of posibility one by one just to ether get the right formula after mouths of even never find the right one.

Xifanie

I've taught ASM to many people in very few lessons; which means a few hours. But of course, like everything, if you don't practice you'll forget. There are ASM lessons I gave to LD and SB crawling in the forum if you want to search. In all honestly I doubt you have what it takes to do ASM hacking.

Also, you should really use Firefox's automatic spell checking feature because you make a tremendously high amount of spelling mistakes.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

SolidSnakeDog

Well i was quite tired at the time i posted this.
Guess i will foget about ASM hacking for now.

Fell free to delete this.