• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 09:21:06 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Now Playing

Started by Cheetah, April 03, 2008, 09:31:33 am

Vanya

September 15, 2008, 11:58:31 pm #80 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Vanya
Beat first play through of TFU. Very fun! =) they should have made a movie to go with it even a CG one. really fills in a lot of blanks between Episodes 3 & 4.

I'm mostly playing Crisis Core for the story line.

Still need to finish FF3 & 4 ds.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
¯\(°_0)/¯

Cheetah

September 16, 2008, 12:50:00 am #81 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
I have gotten to the end of FFIII DS and just have no desire to level grind to the point where I can beat the final boss.
Current Projects:

Vanya

September 16, 2008, 07:16:29 am #82 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Vanya
That would be the point at which I'd start using codes.
¯\(°_0)/¯

DarthPaul

September 16, 2008, 11:06:04 am #83 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
Quote from: "Cheetah"I have gotten to the end of FFIII DS and just have no desire to level grind to the point where I can beat the final boss.

its a good game but there isnt much of a reason to level up when you just buy and are givin the magics and what not
Oh pitiful shadow lost in the darkness, bringing torment and pain to others. Oh damned soul wallowing in your sin, perhaps...it is time to die

Zozma

September 16, 2008, 05:07:28 pm #84 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
ive been playing Jeanne D'Arc and after i beat the game im eager to find an easy way to put a cheat device on the psp... do i have to go thru all the custom bla bla bla to put one on my psp? just a cheat code program not anything else... i hope there is a... yes a sprite changing code :P plus, one of the human characters gets replaced by a... toad! wtf it reminds me of how teepo from bof3 gets replaced by an onion...
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

Vanya

September 16, 2008, 09:06:11 pm #85 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Vanya
Only a gameshark/codebreker type device will work on official firmware.
Sony locks out EVERYTHING that is homebrew.
¯\(°_0)/¯

Zozma

September 16, 2008, 09:32:55 pm #86 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
so there is a codebreaker for psp...? i didnt even try to look into that...

Vanya

September 16, 2008, 11:08:06 pm #87 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Vanya
I don't know for sure, but I'd be surprised if there wasn't a cheat device of some kind...

If there isn't then you'll need to hack your psp. The easiest and cheapest thing to do is get a PSP Battery Tool so you can switch your battery into a pandora battery and back again. The only other thing you'd need is a memory stick that's at least 256 mb.
¯\(°_0)/¯

DarthPaul

September 16, 2008, 11:09:30 pm #88 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
yes the process only takes about 30 minutes if your goin slow at it
Oh pitiful shadow lost in the darkness, bringing torment and pain to others. Oh damned soul wallowing in your sin, perhaps...it is time to die

Zozma

September 17, 2008, 12:45:13 am #89 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
-_- lol well ill just leave it alone for now.. but those dark elf females are so cute i just want one awww <3

oh.. and whats her name gets replaced by a frog... damn it i hate that, replace it with a cooler human damn u!

thats a good game btw. its weird seeing things like the characters are french and the monsters and enemy are english lol... i never knew anything about Joan of Arc untill now.

Dominic NY18

September 17, 2008, 01:51:54 pm #90 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dominic NY18
Heh, Cuisses...

It's a shame about the events that led to him being in the party though. Thanks for dredging up bad memories  :cry: ...

Ahem. I mean... * looks around and clears throat nervously*

Unforunately, you definitely need CFW to use any code. There's no Codebreaker/Gameshark type of device for the PSP, so you'll need CWCheat to use any codes. Also, there's no sprite changing codes for Jeanne D'Arc out there that I'm aware of. I searched in vain for such a thing last December...

Which is why I used another cheat program to find it myself, and after a tedious half hour of fishing through codes, I found one that changes Jeanne's sprite. I haven't bothered to test whether NPC sprites work, but I can look into it and get back to you about that.

But now that I think about it, I actually want to play it again.

Zozma

September 17, 2008, 03:48:14 pm #91 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
the gameplay is even better than i expected... and i liked Liane? sigh.. lol she was like a magic knight, the fact that she developes more mp than jeane makes her able to use the skills more often.

so... i cant like.. move my save data onto the pc and change it directly there somehow?

Dominic NY18

September 17, 2008, 09:43:03 pm #92 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dominic NY18
Poor Liane...

At least you can get her back after ending the game if you want. Though it involves a bit of a sidequest to do so.

Anyways, there's no way to alter save data on a PC to my knowledge. Though I do think any sprite changes can be saved. If you want, you can upload the save, and then I can mod it and upload it again.

Unfortunately, at the moment, I only know how to change Jeanne's sprite. I'll look into changing other characters though.

Zozma

September 17, 2008, 10:22:59 pm #93 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
Yeah i liked her, tho shes not cut out to be a leader (and she really looks like she should be a mage, that would have messed up the story tho i guess) and actually, i never expected her to follow you for so long in the first place..

hmmm no way to change the assigned sprites in the saved file eh?

the thing is if you get liane back with that quest.. wat about the toad? i heard his data writes over her slot... (in reality it appears that their status growth is exactly the same) thats why im positive that there is some way to change only the sprite and save it that way... i wouldnt even be able to do it with a hex editor? .. lol ..

(also is that sidequest a secret or will it be obvious?)

ohhh.. btw spoiler .....alert....!? lol

there are some pretty cool enemy sprites like the dark elf female and the queen rouge

gojoe

September 18, 2008, 03:43:19 pm #94 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by gojoe
sidequest is obvious just beat da game and you'll see it and you'll be able to switch back and forth between the two
I never learn from my mistakes.

Dominic NY18

September 18, 2008, 04:57:02 pm #95 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dominic NY18
I guess I should've put spoilers, but it doesn't really have an effect on the storyline per se, so...

Anyways gojoe answered your question about Cuisses.

Gotta agree with you on the female Dark Elf and Queen Rogue sprites.

Zozma

September 18, 2008, 06:44:26 pm #96 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
so...  shes in.. (spoiler?) the second outfit and can use her bracelet?

i mean seriously, a toad with a sword? lol ill take her anyday.

gojoe

September 19, 2008, 12:45:04 am #97 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by gojoe
yep she takes over cui-cuiss- uhh ahhh the frog's stats weapons etc basically a sprite swap, and its the sprite she used before she SPOILERS and i do love the fact that SPOILERS looks so badass after he gets
SPOILERS athough on my playthrough i did wish i chose SPOILERS over SPOLIERS seeing as you already have one SPOILERS and you can only get one SPOILERS that way
I never learn from my mistakes.

DarthPaul

September 19, 2008, 12:47:28 am #98 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
and sadly most of us could fill in the SPOILERS in that post

Zozma

September 19, 2008, 02:54:13 am #99 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
well i think SPOILERS is much cuter than SPOILERS , i played both choices and went back to choice A and gave SPOILERS a bunch of MA + and PA+ potions

if thats what you are referring to. anyone can be a SPOILERS over time even tho only 2 can equip all of the SPOILERS

lol....

even tho the optional SPOILERS is a cutie, the other is the most useful out of the whole party. strong and fast and with the 3 SPOILERS skill.. wow..

well i suppose youll only know what goes in those spoilers spaces if you've played enough and yes SPOILERS does look wikked after he gets a SPOILERS

Edit: aww! i missed an armor and a gem.... oh well its not like i really need it.