• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Izirudo's Sprites

Started by Izirudo, November 16, 2010, 04:45:14 am

Kagebunji

For gloves yeah, but definitly leave gold on shoulders, it looks awesome on him. I would uggest making his shoulder all gold, and leaving a silver outline, basicly you have it done now, just add more gold.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Eternal

Is there any way you can post a picture of this in-game? I'm curious to see how it blends with FFT's colorscheme.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Izirudo

December 06, 2010, 12:04:22 am #122 Last Edit: December 06, 2010, 12:19:29 am by Izirudo
Here's what I used as  model for the back view - kinda tough to demonstrate, but I guess I got the design:

Updated work:

The symbol on his back looks quite hard to show. I also haven't shaded or work (in details) on the cape yet. Just give me some feedback, will ya? I'll work on the walking poses and arms later.

@Eternal just wait till I got the walking poses complete, I'll try to put it in-game and take some ss to see how the sprite works.

Lijj

• Modding version: PSX

Cheetah

Some 100% previews would really help me give better feedback.
Current Projects:

Izirudo

As you can see, it is only about 5% done atm. So the best I could ask for is how the color looks on the sprite. Sorry If I haven't stated exactly so. Anyway, I'm extremely busy these days so just don't expect it to be done anytime soon. I won't post again till I'm done with the walking poses.

@Kage can you merge the 2 topics now? It'd take a long time before I post again so please do as you like ;)

Izirudo

Lol I thought you mean the process. Silly me... okay here you go XD

Twinees

The cape is looking pretty flat at the moment, you should probably think about using the darkest black colour to add some depth, or try to cut down on the palette reserved for the armour (is it just me or does it seem like there is too many colours used on the armour?) to add another colour to the cape.
The back diagonal view of the helm is my favourite out of all of these, looks really similar to the Gabranth pictures you've shown.
Anyway i can see this going well.

GeneralStrife

god i love this, what blessed us with your presence, nevertheless its looking great minus a little cape shading

Lijj

Lijj

Update.. pixels on collar thingy started to bug me bzz bzzz

Cheetah

The helmet looks really great for the most part. Only the flap on our right looks a bit mis-shaeded. The cloths still need some work, I'm not sure what the darker colored collar is doing there.

Really impressive work though. From looking at your palette it lookslike you still have some wriggle room with sharing shades.
Current Projects:

Izirudo

Looks great :), I like the helmet. You should probably re-shade the flap on our right as Cheetah noted. I'm not really good at this stuff so I don't know if it is good enough to use as a final product now. Let's listen to more advices from others

Kagebunji

cape shading seems identical to the one on Crusader before you fixed it. Try shading it more. Good job on symbol, looks awesome.

Kagebunji

It looks good to me, but since the helm is pretty dark on sprite, maybe you should try making it here darker too? Ofcoz clothes as Cheetah mentioned. Also, I suggest that you make the right(our left) flap on helmet straight, it seems weird for it to stand out like that, almost if Blacksmith screwed the work, hehe. Good job on this.

Lijj

Now there are two versions. Thanks also to Twinees for assisting with armor.

Kagebunji

Definitly left one, looks way more like the sprite. Flaps looks uber weird on helmets(I mean that overall, not just your port)IMO. Looks really good. Now it needs palettes, and off to submission page!

Cheetah

Yowza huge improvement. Use the left one like Kage said. The only thing amiss is the shading on the collar of the armor on our right. Or maybe your lighting is just coming from a different direction then normal.

You make sure to post a 100% version of the flapped helmet though so that others may use it in the future, because it is still nicely done.
Current Projects:

Izirudo

Woot awesome. Only palettes left ^_^.