• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Valkyria Chronicles 3?

Started by gomtuu, August 24, 2010, 09:13:43 am

gomtuu

Here's a nice bit of news:

http://kotaku.com/5620258/there-could-b ... kyria-game

It's not much, but it's nice to know Sega's at least thinking about making another Valkyria Chronicles game.

Tigerspike

I sure hope they make a Valkyria Chronicles 3, I am currently playing the first one, and I am loving it.  If they do make this, I hope it is on the PS3 again.
Oh come now. That doesn't even make sense. How can flimsy paper possibly beat the raw density of stone?

gomtuu

Here are some screenshots:

http://www.andriasang.com/e/galleries/2 ... 3_screens/

It's on PSP again. Too bad, but at least there's going to be another game. I'm playing VC2 on the PSP right now and enjoying it.

Cheetah

I'm loving VC2 some much that I really don't care that it is on PSP. It looks like they are changing a lot of things for 3 though. In one of those shots all three characters look to be running at once, and another shot it looks like multiple target targeting is happening. I suppose I'm not seeing anything I don't like and a darker tone after VC2 will be much appreciated. I read that this is coming out in January for Japan though, that is really soon.

VC1 definitely had a different strategic feel with the giant battle fields though.
Current Projects:

Tigerspike

Well, shoot.  I guess I'll just have to get a psp, then.
Oh come now. That doesn't even make sense. How can flimsy paper possibly beat the raw density of stone?

Cheetah

VC2 is different from VC1, but still really good if you can put up with the anime highschool vibe. The refinements and balance to gameplay are well worth it, at least so far 25 hours into the game.
Current Projects:

gomtuu

Yeah, some of the story elements in VC2 are kinda silly. But, on the other hand, I do like that they have story sequences for pretty much all of the characters, not just the major ones like in VC1.

And yeah, the small and often-recycled maps are my biggest complaint about the actual battle system in VC2, but that has its upside too, I guess: It's kind of nice to be familiar with the map while planning your strategy.

In case  you haven't seen it, the official site for VC3 is up:

http://valkyria3.jp/

Tigerspike

I've always wanted to have bayonettes for the rifles, but that is one ridiculous bayonette in that picture.

PX_Timefordeath

Damn, I wish it were on the PS3, but I suppose just having another game is good enou... Is that a Valkyrur I see?!?!

Aensland

Argh, another lame handheld sequel. It's not like they don't already have a PS3 engine; why not release on both? Jeez. Are PSP titles really doing that good compared to the PS3? My main beef with handhelds is that the more complicated the games on it, the LESS it is actually "portable". My friend has an iPhone; between meetings he can fire up one of those stupid $1 Flash-like games - which are perfectly fine for 2-3 minute breaks. But you can't freaking do that with RPGs and shit. I mean, you can't even SAVE during battles in VC2, zomgwtfbbq. And it's not like the battles are short <5 minute affairs. You need to find a nice long half-hour break with no interruptions. Portable, my ass.

Cheetah

I disagree. VC2 is just as good as VC1 in most ways and better in others. Plus you can always just use the psp's energy save mode and continue the battle later. Meh I wish they were doing some main series stuff on the PS3 and then a portable series as well, like Monster Hunter, but I'm really very happy with VC2 so I really don't care.
Current Projects: