• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

CCP (Celdia's Complete Patch) [Old Thread - Locked]

Started by Celdia, December 14, 2010, 12:41:47 am

Celdia

I have been slowly but surely working on a Master Guide I need to get put up in this thread somewhere. Its just really slow going because I haven't just sat down and spent a day working on it.
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

dinosaur

:D :D :D :D

:( :( :( :(
OMG!! I just realized my nomad crystalized last battle and I already saved my game

dinosaur

I didn't record the video but I defeated Qualkin (sp) in two hits.

Haunting Hack = 210hp
Bum Rush = 120 hp

Celdia

Oh, damnit. That's a small mathematical error on my part. I really need to start triple checking these things.

Zuzka

Nice work. I'll be starting today... wanted to try FFAT cause the sprites are awesome but this has lots of awesomeness too.

Celdia

I'm actually looking at putting up a small update in a little bit if you wouldn't mind waiting, Zuzka. Its going to have a lot more ENTD edits for the story battles through the end of Chapter 2.

Celdia

CCP v1.83 is available now. Not a whole lot to say about this one. What little details there are about it are in the first post as usual. No Music version also available.

Zuzka

Thank you Celdia. starting now :cool:... I can't believe how well a white chemist makes a cook.
edit:
Also, I hope warriors have a really effective charge somehow. I want to deliver some crushing blows.

Celdia

The CT on Charge skills has been lowered a bit so the high end (+7, +10, +20) should be viable for use on things other than Don't Move units. Well...maybe not +20.

Wiz

part 6

Ch 1 is DONE! Saw the Warlock and Ghaele skillsets on Rad, Gafgarion and Agrias and just have to say that those abilities cost A SHIT TON of MP. 90 MP, really!? That's more than meteor!

And the change with 1.83 with the enemies leveling up with you, that's gonna make it all the more interesting.

Edit: I just remembered that if it's sadomasochism, I'm guessing it'd hurt the user too right? Afterall, a sadist is pleased hurting others and a masochist loves hurting his/herself, so it kinda makes sense <_<
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

dinosaur

Quote from: Wiz on March 29, 2011, 04:19:37 pm
Ch 1 is DONE! Saw the  Warlock and Ghaele skillsets on Rad, Gafgarion and Agrias and just have to say that those abilities cost A SHIT TON of MP. 90 MP, really!? That's more than meteor!

Yeah but the Warlock and Ghaele skills are not like the meteor ability. Warlock and Ghaele skills are much quicker, greater range and hits all enemies. The MP works. They actually become very deadly with higher lvl because they gain so much MP.

S_Hawkeye

Quote from: Celdia on March 28, 2011, 06:17:47 pm
CCP v1.83 is available now. Not a whole lot to say about this one. What little details there are about it are in the first post as usual. No Music version also available.

Good, i was waiting for this, thanks

Zuzka

Quote from: S_Hawkeye on March 29, 2011, 04:51:33 pm
Good, i was waiting for this, thanks
Seconded... well I didn't have to wait long. Fun Stuff!!!  :(My internet might be getting cut soon so I hope this lasts.

dinosaur

Seems like the AI does not know how to handle swiftness. They use swiftness first then move :3

Celdia

@Wiz: With Sadomasochism I was going with the sadist being the Demagogue and the masochists being anyone that takes the damage and gets Charm'd by it.

@Dino: Does that really mess up how it goes? I didn't think the Quick status really got applied until after the end of their AT.

Also, a note on scaling levels: I've found it tends to make enemy levels LOWER than normal but of course that won't be the same for everyone.

Edit #2: Wiz, its a damned shame you didn't update before making the video. The Windmill Shed battle got a few interesting changes including a nice power boost for Wiggy.

dinosaur

I got a great idea Celdia!! The Tactician should have the move ability float, currently they have any weather which does not make much sense since they don't move.

If you don't want them to have float, I recommend putting it on another class. It seems like I cannot find it with the classes I have. Float move ability will actually have use!

Celdia

Did I not put Float on Nomad? Odd.

I'm actually pretty sure Any Weather is on Tactician on purpose. The idea there being that someone skilled with maps, terrain and strategy could find a way to battle in any kind of bad conditions. They are supposed to have Any Ground, too. I'm not sure where that ended up at the moment.

dinosaur

Quote from: Celdia on March 30, 2011, 09:02:03 pm
Did I not put Float on Nomad? Odd.

I'm actually pretty sure Any Weather is on Tactician on purpose. The idea there being that someone skilled with maps, terrain and strategy could find a way to battle in any kind of bad conditions. They are supposed to have Any Ground, too. I'm not sure where that ended up at the moment.

Any weather = Mystic Knight
Jump +2 = Nomad
Float = Sadface

Durbs

Neat patch. Kudos. When you're confident you're done, you should submit this. Also, because you're completely revamping the job system, you should also put in some new special characters in place of all of the sidequest ones. I'd particuarily like to see Frimelda as a new event character.  :D

Celdia

But I use the Frimelda sprite as the female Tactician already, Durbs. That would just end up looking...odd.