• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 18, 2024, 02:37:01 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

creating a skill

Started by Zetaro, February 08, 2011, 08:24:51 pm

Zetaro

is there a way to make your own skill and name it what you want? like cast fire with sword and it be called something like fire blade or something like that. is it possible?

i hope so.  :mrgreen:     :D
Everyone will know the name Zetaro!

Vanya

Yes. Look at the programs that come in the FFTPatcher package. It should be self-explanatory.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
¯\(°_0)/¯

Zetaro

yeah i know that much, but i gess i need more of a expalination of exactly how to do it. (F.Y.I. i have used just about all the programs on this site, i have even made my own sprite! I must say this site is the best!)

Pickle Girl Fanboy

Find an unused skill slot in FFTPatcher, change it's formula and other things to make it do what you want.
Find the same skill slot in FFTacText and give it a name, description, whatever.
Patch your disc image.
Test your skill.
Congratulations, your E-penis gained a level!  You are now a leet haxxor!

Zetaro

yeah i know how to do it, but i don't see any empty spaces in FFTPATCHER.

Vanya

Are you hacking the PSX or PSP version?
I ask because the PSP version filled the empty spaces with new skills already.
The PSX version has at least a dozen empty slots, though.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
¯\(°_0)/¯

Zetaro

the new FFTpatcher is off cus everytime i use it all of them are filled psx and psp. i found my older one and im using it, but when i try the ability out the character does not use weapon strike even though i set it to do so.

Eternal

The weapon strike flag just means that attack will use the weapon's element. To set your character to swing the blade, you need to copy one of the Break's bytes from the animation tab and copy it to your new skill. i.e, 05 00 03, or something. That's what it'll look like.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Zetaro

ok i see. i just tried it out and it works! thanks!