• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

An Official Zelda Timeline?

Started by Eternal248, January 03, 2012, 05:30:15 am

Eternal

• Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Dome

IIRC, Nintendo rejected the idea
Also, I don't care

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Kaijyuu

Zelda has about as coherent a timeline and continuity as does the Simpsons.
  • Modding version: PSX

Samuraiblackbelt

So let me get this straight. There's supposed to be a coherent timeline for a series of events where a hero dressed in green, Link, goes on an adventure to save a princess, Zelda, who was kidnapped by an evil wizard, Ganadorf. This same thing happens many times, and there's actually some sort of world story?
<JoZ> I'm not Wiz. Even if I were, I wouldn't be narcissistic enough to go under an alt and comment on my own team.

PGF: "You are ignoring this user. Click to see their post."

Eternal

• Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

dinosaur

Love you Zelda!!!! I mean Link!!

But I think there is somewhat of a timeline. There are some zelda games that refer to the past of other Zelda games like wind waker

3lric

Whether it is correct or not this is the Official Timeline they themselves released. So no, AFAIK it was not rejected

http://kotaku.com/5871215/the-official-zelda-timeline-now-with-added-detail
  • Modding version: PSX