• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 19, 2024, 10:26:41 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

DeadManWalking's Sprites: The Adventurer (Female)

Started by DeadManWalking, March 29, 2010, 03:51:13 am

VampragonLord

you are just going *color 1* *color 2* *color 3* etc til you hit the edge, making a  "ring/outline" of the colors, instead of the actual appropriate color that would fit there. (some spots should be just *color 1* *color 3*)
15:05   slave: consensual slavery is the best thing ever~

Kagebunji

Yes it is like Vamp said, but you might not understand it, I know what that is and how to avoid it, but I dunno how to say it. There was a great tutorial once, Mav or Jimmy should know where it is.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

jimmyjw88

Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Kagebunji

Yes, that is the one I was talking about.

DeadManWalking

So that's what I'm doing wrong?  I noticed a couple more small bugs while playing with the sprite (and one big one) I'll see if I can fix the shading while working on it.

DeadManWalking

April 15, 2010, 09:56:34 am #65 Last Edit: April 15, 2010, 09:49:37 pm by DeadManWalking
Here's a little test of what I might be using for the Berserker

Kagebunji

This is Magic Knight with beard ae? Use Dycedarg's beard, it will help.

DeadManWalking

...I am using Dycedarg's beard.  :P

I'm also using the DK as a base instead of the MK, since I didn't like which colors were linked with the face/hair on the MK, this'll make it easier to color after I finish headswapping.

DeadManWalking

And here it is, I think it might be different enough from the Magic Knight I could submit it when it's done.  Still needs testing/tweaking, though.

mav

Hair looks strange, shading on the armor looks blobby. I'm about to head to school, otherwise I'd give you some more in depth feedback.

DeadManWalking

Did some touch ups last night.  This any better?

Kagebunji

Hmmm, this looked like some other beard, I'm certain. Back side view and back rear view hair looks flat, same for armor in back views in all sorta places.

Cheetah

The dark knight base is killing this sprite. The dark knight sprite is without a doubt the worst looking of all the original sprites, I would recommend doing something different with the body otherwise it just isn't going to work very well. Pieces of the DK might be salvagable, maybe the arms, but there is just something awful they did with the shading or something that makes it really not fit with the rest of the game.
Current Projects:

DeadManWalking

I may try to change and use the Orlandu or another sprite as a base--but this is what I'm going to use for the preview this weekend.  I'm going to have an annoying enough time getting a Guard sprite in working order without completely changing the Berserker sprite again, too.

jimmyjw88

Quote from: "Cheetah"The dark knight base is killing this sprite. The dark knight sprite is without a doubt the worst looking of all the original sprites, I would recommend doing something different with the body otherwise it just isn't going to work very well. Pieces of the DK might be salvagable, maybe the arms, but there is just something awful they did with the shading or something that makes it really not fit with the rest of the game.
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

DeadManWalking

I... don't particularly see it. Heck, I don't even know what else would be a good base for the sprite =P

DeadManWalking

Here's a prototype I made for the Guard. still likely need to tweak the colors.

VampragonLord

the head in the middle view is just WEIRD.
fix. now.
15:05   slave: consensual slavery is the best thing ever~

Kagebunji

Head in the middle, and back frame's head too. Plus eyes on middle frame. You need to think of something other for palettes, they just are too plain, you need to mix colors that aren't similiar to each other (your palettes 1,2 ,3, 5 have colors not differing enough, for example fith palette, purple cape, light blue armor, quite similiar colors), change it ASAP.

DeadManWalking

What's wrong with the head?  And the back?