• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:42:08 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Proposition Hack

Started by Argy, June 05, 2016, 05:01:46 am

Argy

Hello,

I have been recently been trying to get my head around Xif's proposition hack. I have essentially followed the guide as outlined, but I am coming unstuck somewhere and I was wondering if I could get some guidance. (all pictures are below)

I set up my patcher in the below pictures, with my ENTD being linked to the Attack.out. Funnily enough, the Proposition (mark) doesn't happen in chapter 1, but does in Chapter 2.

I then have set up the event as seen below. I have used Reis's curse (setup) for the time being. I used Elric's guide from the event editing page.

I then use Raven's Attack.Out editor, to set up the conditions of the battle and what is needed. Its linked to 01DB just like in the ENTD.

I then use Pokey's gameflow editor as I tried the Xif's one but it kept on crashing on me (my fault no doubt!!), essentially the code for the Gariland is;

01006030020019006E8010100 (If I was using Xifs one, where would I put this code, would it go below all of the other? Above?)

I am just concerned that Pokey's doesn't allowed for the swirl, or I might be missing something. (should the 0020 byte, be something different? 1 or a 3? I am unsure!

At the end of all of this, what happens is; I go to Gariland, do the proposition. Leave the city, come back. It loads with Byblos standing at the graveyeard, but it loads the Orbonne Prayer dialogue instead of my dialogue scene and then continues on to the Orbonne battle. (which to be fair is quite amusing!!)

I was wondering if I could have some help with this. (I also have been warned about the general bugginess of Pokey's and Raven's work, as well. If there is anything else I need to clarify, please let me know.

Kind regards,

Argy
  • Modding version: PSX
Kotetsu Quad Killer!!

Emmy

This has happened to me a few times, not with the proposition hack but with writing new battles to the plot.  Usually it happens because something doesn't match up correctly (the event slot it is supposed to use when you step on that slot, for example), and if it can't play the right event, it'll skip to the first one (usually orbonne).

I didn't know such a tool existed for gameflow editing. :o 

3lric

Stop using GFE, Shit has more bugs than it does things that work, when it was made, not enough of the worldmap instructions were known for Pokeytax to properly make it.

But yeah, one of your numbers is wrong. Likely in the attack.out GUI. I'd bet it's the event script number

Pride

Agreeing, you're better off learning the script (not hard either) and editing it through Xifanie's spreadsheet.

You also have the event script set at 0?
Check out my ASM thread. Who doesn't like hax?

3lric

It shouldn't be set to 0. 0 would play the event script from Orbonne (which is what I assume is happening) It should be set to the corresponding number that the event uses in the attack.out spreadsheet order.

I know Emmy has added more than a few events to vanilla by removing setup events so she can probably explain this in a better manner than I can.

Argy

Thank you all for the feedback and help. Consider the GFE consigned to the the darkest reaches of my hard drive!!

Therefore do I have to change my event script to 003D so it matches up with my event on EVSP?

In relation to the script, do you mean

01006030020019006E8010100

As the only thing i dont understand is the 0200 byte means. I understand that parts of bytes are flipped around etc

Once again thank you for your help. Once I get a bit more time, i post a picture of the code in the Xif's Worldmap 1.00 with the script.

Once again thank you for your help.

Kind regards,
Argy

Kotetsu Quad Killer!!

Emmy

I haven't done much with editing worldmap (also have no idea that editor existed), except for changing a couple lines to make Colliery/Nelveska/Cloud accessible in my mod.  So I can't answer this question from the original post:

QuoteI then use Pokey's gameflow editor as I tried the Xif's one but it kept on crashing on me (my fault no doubt!!), essentially the code for the Gariland is;

01006030020019006E8010100 (If I was using Xifs one, where would I put this code, would it go below all of the other? Above?)

Anyway mini tutorial on how I added battles to vanilla using the setup events:

1.  I'll use Igros Gate as an example here. (right before you fight Dycedarg's Elder Brother/Adramelk)  Normally in vanilla there is a cutscene where Ramza approaches the gate, says something to the effect of "this is Zalbag's chocobo" and then it'll play another event.  Anyway this is a prime place to add a battle to vanilla because it uses a setup event and another event.  You can take the setup event and change it to a battle start event, and change the other event slot to the battle victory.

2.  Open up "Game Progression Workbook Compilation" on the first tab "Xifanie's Attack.out Battle Event Conditionals Editor."  Looking at the entry for Igros Gate which is named there "At the gate of the Beoulve Castle" it would normally just be one line that has the event after the setup event referenced.  You want to change this to reference both event slots you're using = the setup that you're turning into battle start, and the other slot that is turning to battle victory.  This is what it should look like when you do it right (green arrow):

3.  You need to turn the attack out itself to function as a battle for those event slots.  Idk how to explain this outside of screenshots.  Important things here are event script (shouldn't have changed if you're just using a vanilla event like this), "after event do" (should be 00 for the first one and for the second one will be whatever one you want from the save/formation tutorial), the battle formation (must be able to select characters).

First event (battle start):

Second event (battle victory):

4. Events must be changed to function as a battle.  First event must have battle conditions displayed for a battle start.  Second event must have victory conditions displayed, and if it's part of a sequence must have whatever you need from the save/formation tutorial.  Event offset must match each slot you're using.  Example events (these aren't excellent quality but function for the purpose of the tutorial):

Event 1 (battle start): http://pastebin.com/sHDxsnGN
Event 2 (battle victory): http://pastebin.com/eVhaNqgX

5.  Entd must be changed to have enemies on the map.  Remove Ramza (if he appears) and anything you don't want to be an enemy or guest in the battle.  Should be self explanatory.

This is the save/formation tutorial i referenced: http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=10124.0

Argy

Thanks Emmy for the tutorial it is starting to make a little more sense and you will have to bear with me, if you dont mind.  A couple of questions:
In your game progression workbook your script says 16001900B201 yet you are using 01A6 in the Attack.out editor, so that had confused me! Easy I know!!

Also in your battle start event, your event script reads 081, can you please explain that to me?

Big thank you for the pastebin material, once again, getting my head around it. It will just be small steps for the start.

Once again, thank you for your tutorial. I will be reading it and rereading it over the next couple of days until i can get back onto my computer. I will probably link my current event to another setup event in the EVSP and using the attack.out to link them like you have.

Kind regards,
Argy
Kotetsu Quad Killer!!

Emmy

I have no idea why the Attack.out editor slots don't match the Battle Condition spreadsheet. :(  (Elric, do you know?)

16001900xxxx = "defeat all enemies"

Event script is just the entry in the spreadsheet.  For example, Orbonne Prayer = event script 1, Orbonne Battle = event script 2, and so on.

Xifanie

it's because I wrongly assigned the numbers when I made the program, and lost the source so I was unable to correct it. It should start at 0x001, but instead does at 0x000... so everything in my ATTACK.OUT Editor needs to have 1 added to get the real event ID.

The "Event Script" is the event conditionals row used for that event
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful