• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 17, 2024, 03:44:53 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

FFT: New Class Edition

Started by DeadManWalking, April 08, 2010, 03:55:55 pm

Concerning Draw Out becoming a new Item skillset...

Turn the old Item skillset items into junk that's only use is to be sold
3 (50%)
Reintroduce the Chemist and make the Adventurer an advanced class (thus forcing me to get rid of a class, please post which one you'd like to see go)
3 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: May 26, 2010, 01:57:05 am

DeadManWalking

Yeah, that was an option, but the Red Mage serves a valuable tool to fix the Squire Bug (I'm actually putting Red Mage into that slot and moving that class to a different one) Although I'm pretty sure Chemist would fill the same role, I'm just not sure if Item can be used as a primary skillset on a class that's not the Chemist (Draw Out couldn't be used on a class that wasn't Samurai)

Zaen

How about A, and turn a skillset into one requiring the items. They need the items to use the abilities.
"Oh, God!! The Hokuten!!" ~Guard, Sand Rat Cellar

DeadManWalking

Wait, what?

The Chemist items can't be used to cause damage, except via the Wiznaibus formula (which does about 35 damage at lv 30)

Zaen

Well, I mean take a skillset with a number of abilities less than or equal to the number of Katanas. They'll require the item, or possibly "junk" to be used.

DeadManWalking

What you can do with the Items in the Item skillset is severely limited, as X and Y are automatically 0 in those instances.

DeadManWalking

Well, I think I'll turn Red Mage into a 'Novice' class that can use the Item command.

DeadManWalking

May 28, 2010, 04:00:01 pm #86 Last Edit: May 29, 2010, 01:47:01 am by DeadManWalking
Okay, since I've decided I'll do that (Almost no one seems to be voting, anyway), I'll have to come up with a new set of items for the Adventurer.

Red Fang - Range 4, AoE 4, Linear, Fire Elemental Attack. Poach from Dragons, Available Mid-Chp. 2

Blue Fang - Range 4, AoE 1, Lightning Elemental, Hits 5 Times (In Random Spots) Poach from Hydras, Available Mid-Chp. 2

Hour Glass - Range 4, AoE 0, sets CT to 00, evadable, Poach from ???, available Mid-Chp 2

Choco Feather - Range 4, AoE 1, Adds: Haste, Poach from Yellow/Black/Red Chocobos, Available Chp 3.

Stardust - Range 0, AoE 2, Non-Elemental, Hits 10 Times (In Random Spots), Poach from Red Chocobo/Behemoth, Available Ch. 3

Hero Drink - Range 4, AoE 0, +2 PA.  Poach from ???, Available Ch. 3

Gaia Drum - Range 0, AoE 3, Earth Elemental, Poach from Minotaurs, Available Ch. 4

Speed Drink - Range 4, AoE 0, +1 Spd, Poach from ???, Available Ch 4

Rare Items

Mega-Potion - Range 0, AoE 255, Heals 200 HP on the entire allied team, poach from ???

Nethecite - Range 0, AoE 255, Damages all MP of everyone, poach from ???

Zaen

DeadManWalking

Quick edit.  Since giving +1 Spd is impossible outside of a few select slots, I'm changing Speed Drink to Vampire Fang, abs 25% HP with 25% chance of adding Blood Suck

Criss

....still waiting for this..
not rushing you, take your time but hurry :P
I'm a Birdman bitch!
I be high in the sky shit on you and your girl!

DeadManWalking

Well, considering I'm the sole worker on this and I want to get custom sprites... it'll take awhile.

DeadManWalking

As a result of a hard drive crash sometime in September, I lost all the data I had towards the mod.  Admittedly I had stopped work on the mod to focus on gainful employment, but I've been thinking about it again and may start it up again at some point.