• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:50:21 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

FFT "Until Death" Challenge!

Started by RedWorld, October 01, 2013, 07:42:15 pm

RedWorld

I was on Reddit one night and I saw a Pokemon challenge called the "Nuzlocke Challenge" and I decided to make a challenge similar to it, kinda like the "Uni-Ramza Monk Only" challenge, except much harder, physically and emotionally! Here are the rules:

- Any unit that dies is permanently dead and if they don't crystallize, you must dismiss them from your team.
- If you have room, you can recruit one, and only ONE unit per map via Invitation or other means (including towns via soldier office).
- If you have a monster, you must rename them to anything you want.
- If you have a game over, it's a game over, even if you save your data. You have to start from the beginning.

Optional rules:

-Your job is based off your zodiac sign (ex: Aries = Squire, Geomancer Taurus = Chemist, Lancer and so on. If you have to change jobs to get the desired job, you may do so, but only until you unlock that job.)
- You may not have everyone be the same job.
- When you get a new character via Invitation, in a soldier's office, or by any other means, you must get rid of one of the main characters (Mustadio, Agrias, Rafa, Orlandu, and so on)
- Banning items, instead, relying on magic and martial arts to heal.
- Same as above, only vice versa.
- Banning the use of magic, martial arts, and items all together in order to heal.
- Banning the use of Move- Find Item items (Javelin 2, Cursed Ring, and so on. Cloud's Materia Blade is the only exception)
- You can't change jobs with the units you use Invitation on (or other means in battle) but you can change the jobs of the units you get in the soldier's office or the main characters.
- As a mercy rule, allowing 1-3 "second chances" or revives from winning the battle of fallen units.
- Another mercy rule: Once you end a chapter, it can be used as a checkpoint. If some/all units die and it's a game over, you can restart from there instead.
- Banning the use of shops, using only the fur shops.

Let me know what you think, and if you enjoy it, maybe you can try it out for yourself! :D

"Dear God, what's it like in your funny little brains? It must be boring." - Sherlock Holmes

Myrmidon

I'd like to, tentatively, add a few minor things - being a Pokémon player, and all...

challenge starts at Dorter...this way you can get Mediator for B

you can recruit 1 enemy (human or otherwise) from the first random in the area, then no more.  no recruiting form storyline battles.

...actually, this may be interesting for a Monsters Only, Nuzlocke...

formerdeathcorps

Quoteyou can recruit 1 enemy (human or otherwise) from the first random in the area, then no more.  no recruiting form storyline battles.

For fairness reasons, I think that needs to be the rule.
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.