• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 07:47:38 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

FFTA2 Questions regarding changing the starting team and battlefield placement

Started by Solitaire, September 26, 2021, 06:41:39 pm

Solitaire

Sorry if these questions have been asked before but I could not find any definitive information searching the forums or doing my own search outside of the site. I have 2 questions that I'm hoping to gain clarification on when hacking/modding FF Tactics A2.

1. I'm attempting to add an additional availability slot when fielding units, essentially increasing how many units the player can filed by +1. Is this a possibility? I haven't seen it in any hack that I've played, nor can I find any bit of information about it in the forum. If it is possible what hacking/modding tools would one need to do it? Additionally where would one find that data?

2. How can one change the starting races/classes of the initial team upon a new game? For example if I wanted to change the non-unique character Hume to a Seeq or Gria. I've seen this done in one or more hack's, so I know it's possible, but what tool do I need and/or what module or data list do I need to look at in order to do so?

Edit: Resolved second question from toying around in Nightmare
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
  • Discord username: Solitaire

Solitaire

• Modding version: Other/Unknown
  • Discord username: Solitaire