• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 01:31:23 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Very new to this - question about custom firmware...

Started by Anchors, February 12, 2011, 02:25:39 pm

Anchors

Hey, so, I played my PS1 FFT to death and ended up getting a PSP and War of the Lions so I could play it to death there, too. I found this site after learning a little about what the lioneditor is, and wanted to give that, among other things, a try.

However, I'm stuck pretty much on step one. I was following a tutorial on how to install a custom firmware so I could get the lioneditor going, and in the process found out that my PSP 3000 (currently v6.31) is module 04g - not that I understand what that signifies... other than that I wouldn't be able to use said tutorial to get this started.

After searching for more information on how to get things done with my edition/version/module of PSP, I haven't been able to dig up anything. I'm not sure if it only has to do with me simply not knowing exactly what kind of information to try looking up - I am entirely clueless regarding anything to do with hacking, if it wasn't already obvious - but does my combination of edition/version/module mean I won't be able to use lioneditor and the various patches on FFH at all? If not, what kind of alternatives am I looking at? o.o

Pickle Girl Fanboy

Wrong board, this belongs in help... Don't worry, someone will move it.  And I have the same question.

Cheetah

As far as getting your PSP modded, that is all up to you and the help of other sites to help you out.

However, I believe that the majority of us here use PSX emulators to run the original version of the game and most of our patches are for the PSX version of the game not WotL on PSP. PSX emulators are numerous and advanced, and work on the majority of computers made in the past 10 years.
Current Projects: