• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

ATTENTION PHILSOV

Started by Samuraiblackbelt, November 05, 2009, 07:29:18 pm

Samuraiblackbelt

November 05, 2009, 07:29:18 pm Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Samuraiblackbelt
do you have the stat charts put up anywhere yet?
<JoZ> I'm not Wiz. Even if I were, I wouldn't be narcissistic enough to go under an alt and comment on my own team.

PGF: "You are ignoring this user. Click to see their post."

philsov

November 06, 2009, 10:30:54 am #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by philsov
newp.  But thanks for the reminder.
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

philsov

November 16, 2009, 08:39:28 pm #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by philsov

Bastard Poetry

November 17, 2009, 01:23:28 am #3 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Bastard Poetry
While we have Philsov's attention,

You may already be aware of it, but I wasn't until now.

NEW INFECTED MUSHROOM ALBUM!

The Legend of the Black Shawarma

It's available on their website, to download, for $7.99

I'm about halfway through, and all I can say is that track 2, "Sa'eed," blew my fucking mind.
Final Fantasy Tactics - Thief SSCC:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL73FB72C01D917FD6&feature=viewall

(Fully recorded LP; successes, failures, and most things inbetween)

philsov

November 17, 2009, 09:40:46 am #4 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by philsov
Already got it, friend :)

I read the track listings, and CRINGED when I saw track 4 featured Johnathan Davis (only thing that would've made me cringe more would be the guy from Nickelback), but it actually turned out ok.  But this album feels more like a... collection of songs than an album album.  I'm not really feeling a composite message with those one.  On my Infected Mushroom scale it's coming in rather low, but on my general music scale that's still pretty damn high :p

Also Saeed is my favorite track of the bunch!  It seems to echo "in front of me" a lot, but it's also far more active.

Actually now that I think about it an Infected Mushroom + Chad Krouger(?) song has some potential, in the mindfuck wtf-are-you-thinking meta kinda way.

Bastard Poetry

November 17, 2009, 05:29:29 pm #5 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Bastard Poetry
Herbert the Pervert, Project 100 and Franks are all quite sick, too.

They almost feel like an updated blend of "None of This is Real" and the tracks of BP Empire--which, I might add, is my second favorite album below Supervisor.

I read somewhere that the guys described this new album as their way of returning to their "metal roots." It makes sense, in a things making sense sort of way.

I also think the reason Johnathan Davis fit in surprisingly well is because Dudev (or whoever) sings in a similar way. If they hadn't pointed it out, I probably wouldn't have noticed.

That particular track is kind of a let down compared to everything surrounding it, but the music video was entertaining. DJ VON DOUCHE!
Final Fantasy Tactics - Thief SSCC:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL73FB72C01D917FD6&feature=viewall

(Fully recorded LP; successes, failures, and most things inbetween)