• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Final Fantasy Tactics V1.3

Started by Archael, May 01, 2008, 07:27:46 pm

Archael

May 29, 2008, 05:04:28 pm #100 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
Quote from: "trickstardude7"haha what would really annoy me is if he had Chakra and a shield >_<

err..

:D

trickstardude7

May 30, 2008, 06:35:21 am #101 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by trickstardude7
Quote from: "Voldemort7"
Quote from: "trickstardude7"haha what would really annoy me is if he had Chakra and a shield >_<

err..

:D
haha then i dont think im ready     O_o

thewhoandthehare

May 30, 2008, 02:56:29 pm #102 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by thewhoandthehare
does weigraf have maitence? if not then lancer ramza with battle skill and move hp up should work relatively well

Archael

May 30, 2008, 03:31:59 pm #103 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
Quote from: "thewhoandthehare"does weigraf have maitence? if not then lancer ramza with battle skill and move hp up should work relatively well

Wiggy 1v1 chooses Concentrate or Maintenance randomly

50/50 chance

sword skill IS evadeable now so it's really luck of the draw what ur gonna get

Caliburn

May 30, 2008, 11:37:51 pm #104 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Caliburn
Nice to see removal of blade grasp, it was drastically broken. Especially since the game makes you fight loads of Knights/Archers who would just primarily attack you.

Which brings me to my point. I truly believe Crossbows (And Harps and to a lesser extent Bows) need to get a buff, at this current time they just do not have nearly as much use as melee weapons. I can understand that they do not have as much stopping power as equal level melee weapons, as they have range.

Another minor damage bonus to crossbows, or give them a higher rate of inflicting negative status effects on targets, would probably help fix this. Also, maybe giving more jobs access to Crossbows, and if possible changing Equip Crossbow to Equip Bow/Equip Harp (I would really like to see this, I think Harps are really interesting weapons and they get zero love) Giving Knights, and Thieves access to Crossbows might be interesting, giving Squire access to them was an interesting, and great change.

Removal of Blade Grasp will make the game much more challenging because you won't just be able to absorb every attack thrown at you now, and as much as I liked to use it, it makes the game much too easy.

TL;DR
Thumbs up on Removal of Blade Grasp.
1.3 should have some love for Crossbows/Bows/Harps, Dictionaries too I guess (Who uses them besides Olan anyways?)

Asmo X

May 30, 2008, 11:43:00 pm #105 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Asmo X
You mustn't be playing the 1.3 I'm playing. Bows and crossbows seem too powerful.

Hippeus

May 31, 2008, 12:10:39 am #106 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Hippeus
I wish I could get pass Magic City Garliand :(

Xifanie

May 31, 2008, 12:31:31 am #107 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
And harps are good as they are... my bard was doing decent damage for the range. It's not like they're warriors anyway.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Archael

May 31, 2008, 02:33:39 am #108 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
Quote from: "Caliburn"Removal of Blade Grasp will make the game much more challenging because you won't just be able to absorb every attack thrown at you now, and as much as I liked to use it, it makes the game much too easy.

I urge you to play the v1.307 test file. BG gone accounts for perhaps 5% of the difficulty increase.

Also, Archers and Bows / XBows are very strong at the moment.

Give it a try.

Caliburn

May 31, 2008, 02:41:34 am #109 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Caliburn
Quote from: "Voldemort7"
Quote from: "Caliburn"Removal of Blade Grasp will make the game much more challenging because you won't just be able to absorb every attack thrown at you now, and as much as I liked to use it, it makes the game much too easy.

I urge you to play the v1.307 test file. BG gone accounts for perhaps 5% of the difficulty increase.

Also, Archers and Bows / XBows are very strong at the moment.

Give it a try.

Alright I will.

Serdash

May 31, 2008, 03:16:16 am #110 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Serdash
Archers are an amazing asset in the first two chapters.  If it wasn't for the fact that there aren't really any other good long range classes aside from a ninja using throw, maybe, they'd almost serve to just stick in that class and never come out of it.

And each unit who plans to go to melee deserves a moment in the archer class, if only to get Concentrate.

Even casters have high demand in this class because... -gasp-  Arrow Guard actually now has a use.

I used Arrow Guard almost exclusively on my priest in thick archer battles, which left him open to swap out a little hp increasing gear for some ma increasing gear, making him that much more of a value to my team.

So yeah, Archers are by no means needing a buff, unless you wanted to run through the whole game as one, in which you're in for a challenge.  Other classes open up which benefit from the skills, though.  A knight running around with charge+20 is a powerful asset.

VincentCraven

May 31, 2008, 07:48:08 am #111 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by VincentCraven
*face palm*

THAT'S what I need.  Arrow Guard.
I changed jobs and that has made all the difference.

Archael

June 04, 2008, 10:47:53 pm #112 Last Edit: June 04, 2008, 11:07:08 pm by Archael
Here's some changes I worked on today which should indirectly nerf some misc. Magical skills and at the same time Buff two very underused abilities, Counter Flood & Counter Magic. Here they are.

*Under Skill changes:

25. Sword Skills now trigger Counter / Counter Flood properly.

26. Monk physical skills now trigger Counter / Counter Flood properly.

27. Offensive Draw Outs now trigger Counter Magic / Counter Flood.

28. Archaic Demon / Ultima Demon spells now trigger Counter Magic / Counter Flood.

29. Offensive Summon Magic now triggers Counter Magic / Counter Flood.

30. Black Magic & Offensive Damaging Magic (Holy) now triggers Counter Flood as well as Counter Magic.

31. Offensive Time Magic now triggers Counter Magic / Counter Flood.

32. Offensive Ying-Yang Magic now triggers Counter Magic / Counter Flood.

33. Steal [Item] skills now trigger Counter / Counter Flood.

34. All Break [Item] and Break [Stat] skills now trigger Counter / Counter Flood.

35. All Stat Ruin Skills now trigger Counter Magic.

36. Beowulf's Magic Sword skills now trigger Counter Magic.

^ Some of those aren't final.

IMO, Square was very vague about what triggers which reaction ability.

I think nearly ALL offensive skills should trigger Counter Flood, while on top of that the physical ones triggering Counter and the Magical ones triggering Counter Magic.

Example:

Dark Holy should trigger CF and CM,

Wave Fist should trigger CF and C.

There really is no skill that does not fit in there, obviously apart from Boss-only's like Fear spells, All Ultima, Grand Cross, and stuff that shouldn't be countered etc.

Also Counter Magic vs Drawout finally gives SOME consequence to using the skillset without care, because the Counterer will use his own DrawOut, which only targets your team and doesn't hurt his own. Same with Countered Summons.

VincentCraven

June 04, 2008, 11:04:24 pm #113 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by VincentCraven
Uh, you may also want to consider nerfing the Lancer class in general...

Like, maybe decrease their power and not let them equip shields.  I switched to a team of 3 Lancers and Ramza going through the magic tree.  I haven't had problems ever since getting Lancers (even when they didn't have Javelin yet available).  Maybe it's just due to the movement they gained as Thieves? I still haven't learned any Jump skills.

Considering I got stuck on that 1st battle in ch2 and this time I didn't even have to reset (although the only non-armored guy, Ramza, had Arrow Guard), that's saying a lot.  Maybe I'll try a Martial Arts Lancer next.

Note to self, don't try Power Ruining Archers...

Archael

June 04, 2008, 11:09:32 pm #114 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
I don't understand why you're saying your lancers are overpowered.

Is it because you got to chapter 2 with them?

I don't get it.

EDIT:
Ohhh because now that you're using them you did better on Dorter 2? It's expected that some changes to different formations and jobs will do better / worse in some battles. That hardly means the job needs a nerf, though.

Your same team of lancers could get crushed on a different encounter. Slim_sephy thought he was cruising all through ch1/2/3 with a team of MA UP / Teleporting Samurais, till he got to Izlude, got stuck for days.

Then he got stuck again at Velius.

And I can think of plenty of Chapter 4 things that will rip him a new one and will force him to adjust his team.

Different teams for different fights, really.

VincentCraven

June 05, 2008, 08:51:57 am #115 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by VincentCraven
If you say so.  I haven't gotten to ch3 yet anyway.

Armorvil

June 05, 2008, 11:48:20 am #116 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Armorvil
Quote from: "Voldemort7"25. Sword Skills now trigger Counter / Counter Flood properly.

26. Monk physical skills now trigger Counter / Counter Flood properly.

33. Steal [Item] skills now trigger Counter / Counter Flood.

34. All Break [Item] and Break [Stat] skills now trigger Counter / Counter Flood.

I'm curious. There is no "Counter" checkbox in FFTPatcher AFAIK, so how did you manage to make those skills counter-able ? Will checking the "Normal Attack ?" box achieve this result ?

Archael

June 05, 2008, 12:27:02 pm #117 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
Blade Grasp Flag = Counter = HP Restore = Dragon Spirit = a bunch of other physical responses

That was why one of the solutions to Blade Grasp wasn't simply un-checking the box. That flag alows Counter and a ton of other R's to fire too.

Vanya

June 05, 2008, 01:26:10 pm #118 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Vanya
Pray tell, what was your solution to Blade Grasp if the check is for most counter skills?
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
¯\(°_0)/¯

ronan

June 05, 2008, 01:47:14 pm #119 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by ronan
Page 5: . Blade Grasp is removed from the game. Only Arc Knight Elmdor and Heaven Knight Rafa has it now.