• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Help needed with custom sprite

Started by strkrjns, December 21, 2009, 04:11:52 am

strkrjns

December 21, 2009, 04:11:52 am Last Edit: December 21, 2009, 04:43:44 am by strkrjns
I just found this site today and am loving 1.3 so far.
I wanted to add in the young snake custom sprite as Ramza and am having issues.  I followed the tutorials and must just be missing something. Getting the new sprite in the battles was easy. In the Replacing Sprites in the Formation Screens tutorial, the second step is not working.  It states:
• Sprite Editor: File -> Open: UNIT.BIN

• Note: Shishi's Sprite Editor comes with the latest version of FFT Patcher and when opening the UNIT.BIN file, simply type "UNIT.BIN" (without quotes) in the text field when it asks you which file you want to open and then click open.
When I do this, the only option is Open ISO other than exit, and if I type UNIT.BIN in the file type field, i get the "file not found" response.
What am I doing wrong??

jimmyjw88

December 21, 2009, 08:12:36 am #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by jimmyjw88
This should be under Help Section.
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Leandro

I'm from Brazil and my bad English and I got the sprite tidus but do not know how to put to use so that new business computer I would like you to explain des beginning of this and my e-mail leandro_surfmdc@hotmail.com thanks for your help .

Bloodthirster0

Errr,

I think this should be moved to spam,please
Need something useful to write here

CidIII

My tutorial was of no service to you?

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=2425

If not, please elaborate to help increase it's productivity! ;)
I refuse to play Final Fantasy Tactics again until I am able to do my FF6 patch! And, FFT 1.3 doesn't technically count as FFT: so there!

Kagebunji

Hehe, maybe we should create a separate section for this tutorial, Cid. Maybe then newbs won't ask the same questions all the time.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Leandro

I got the sprites already played until only the enemies was a shadow in the shot that shadow and on the forum and put a picture of the side of which is of you

mav

Which sprite are you using? If the palette is incomplete, enemies will generally appear completely black or as "shadows", the portraits too.

Leandro

I'm using to tidus, rydia, Ramza [Cape] (FFT Mercenaries), Sadalfas Algus (Shrine Knight) (FFT), Firion, Beatrix, Miluda.

Kagebunji

Well, then no wonder it is black, those characters do not have other palettes, so they will always appear black.

Leandro

send me the tutorial that tells palette

Kagebunji

Tutorial won't help here at all you know, someone must create those palettes first, then there will be no problems, there is no other way to make this done.

mav

On a somewhat related note, isn't there a Brazilian community that's hacks FFT? If language is an issue with working with us, they might be able to help out a bit more...assuming they exist.

Anyways, yeah, you're going to need to create the palette yourself, in a program like GraphicsGale or Zodiac's palette editing program.

Bloodthirster0

There is a brazillian gaming community with almost no knowledge about hacking,the only two people who knows something about it is are me and Setzer,we told him to come here look for information after posted a lot of doubts in a lot of non-related topics,but he did the samething,he bumped a topic with questions instead of searching the information he needed like we told him.

Leandro

thanks for the help I could do things like put a picture of a character here on the forum.

Leandro

I want to tidus knight instead of what color I change the knight in graphicsgale.

Kagebunji

Seriously, I have no idea what you are talking about, PM Bloodthirster or someone who knows brazillian, it will be easier.

CidIII

Brazilian isn't a language.

And he wants to replace the knight with Tidus?
I refuse to play Final Fantasy Tactics again until I am able to do my FF6 patch! And, FFT 1.3 doesn't technically count as FFT: so there!

Bloodthirster0

do not tell him to PM me,I already had my problems with him at the brazilian community

@Kage:portuguese Kage,portuguese
@CidIII: I think he missed a word,Im sure that Tidus isnt a verb,so he probably forgot the verb(yes,I know who Tidus is)

rafaelterras

I'll be helping him out. I'm brazilian too, you know.
P.S.: in Brazil we speak portuguese.