• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 16, 2024, 11:17:26 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Need some input on a battle system concept

Started by thechancellor, September 05, 2011, 03:19:32 pm

thechancellor

I'm looking to get some help from the forum, seeing how we all love FFT. I'm in the middle of creating a RPG with a specific engine. With it, I'm able to duplicate the Conditional Turn-Based/Count Time Battle System. I also have the ability to make it so that every skill and weapon can have their own damage formulas, just like FFT.

Basically, I can recreate the FFT battle system without the positioning/move/height factor. What I need help with is finding out what I can implement into the system to compensate for the lack of said factor.

My main concern is evasion, and how to deal with it. I'd like to keep it so that armor has the same effects {HP, evasion, etc.}, but this important strategic element is gone without being able to position yourself beside or behind the enemy.

This is where I need your help. Any ideas for an alternative? Or, do you have any ideas to keep this part of the strategy relevant in gameplay?
Don't really have anything witty or interesting to put here...

Kaijyuu

Take a look at final fantasy 5, I guess. Without the chessboard, FFT's gameplay is pretty simplistic.
  • Modding version: PSX

thechancellor

Quote from: Kaijyuu on September 05, 2011, 06:17:13 pm
Take a look at final fantasy 5, I guess. Without the chessboard, FFT's gameplay is pretty simplistic.

Definitely, but factor in the class system along with the effects of the skills and you have some sweet gameplay. I'm just afraid of people having a problem with using the same system without the chessboard gameplay.
Don't really have anything witty or interesting to put here...