• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:29:54 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

[Sprite] Desburiga "Lich", The Shadow Priest (Hair Updates)

Started by R999, June 24, 2010, 06:51:54 am

R999

The first IA tall hero perhaps?
Desburiga aka Deathbringer.

Lich R14 (FF7 Loz)

Lich R10, R11

^ Lowered the spikes and toned it down a bit.

Lich R9

Lich Proto R8, compared to R4

Lich Proto R1, R2, R4

Note: Removing the collar/cape entails too much work. That is one decision we are trying to avoid. I know, the hair looks stupid and the colors are just wrong. But since I don't really like this concept much I wasn't motivated to go fix things.

Lijj

If the arms are changed this is workable
  • Modding version: PSX

R999

Lich Proto R4.  Hair will likely be changed and using Lijj's colors from above (mostly).

Lich Proto L2 (Lijj)

Using Zalmo's arms is somewhat fitting, also the first attempt of a fiery hair by Lijj.

Kagebunji

I think this hair is from one of the sprites that were posted in the site I linked two days ago, it doesn't look THAT bad, but small adjusting would be nice. I presonaly like R's Proto 1, simple and nice. Lijj, tell me where the hell his pendant dissapears to in your attempt, it doesn't look like it is wraped around his neck.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

R999

@Kage: Yeah it was a hair from "Zell" that I was trying to replicate.  

Lich Proto R8

Looks like my vision of the Devil/Fiery haircut worked out well (or not?). I also recolored / shifted colors around. Killed 1 purple, gained 1 white. This looks workable I say. I also figured out the proper arm alignments for these sets of arms on this sprite. This could be finished very quickly.

Hair = front frame done I guess. This hair is pretty trivial to finish for the other frames.
Color reallocation = done.
Arm alignments = done.
Arm colorization = done.
Misc frames = Some of Larg's frames are uneven for standard head sizes (he has a huge head that is 1 pixel too large, as a consequence  the center view frames would have to be redone.)

I could finish this sprite in less than a day's time. What do you think, Lijj?

Lijj

I say do it! looks pretty cool but I don't know if I like the the thing covering his lower face If you could mimic mine at least in that area It would look better IMO . He looks like David Bowie(yours) hehe...I like my face & hair more too; more character. He's evil why not give him crazy Eyebrows to go w/ firey hair?
Kage well I actually wasn't sure if I wanted it to be a pendant I just wanted to keep the possibility open. I was planing to either make it a pendant or change the symbol completely. But R's symbol looks good. So..

R999

Well he doesn't necessarily have to be evil. I know he's suppose to be a villain and all, not all villains have to be evil. Eyebrow tweaks is possible but I am really not sure if I'll alter his face shape. He needs to be a very likable character above all (not necessarily mean he has look ugly or something like that).

The mask would work too, but it maybe better to reserve that concept for Kraken.

Kagebunji

You ever thought of giving him a skeleton mask? Not the original skeleton in FFT though. There is one with human-shaped skull, I will find it if you wanna add such mask.

LastingDawn

Quote from: "Lijj"I say do it! looks pretty cool but I don't know if I like the the thing covering his lower face If you could mimic mine at least in that area It would look better IMO . He looks like David Bowie(yours) hehe...I like my face & hair more too; more character. He's evil why not give him crazy Eyebrows to go w/ firey hair?
Kage well I actually wasn't sure if I wanted it to be a pendant I just wanted to keep the possibility open. I was planing to either make it a pendant or change the symbol completely. But R's symbol looks good. So..

Well as pointed out asbove, hes not evil. It would be like calling Balmafula evil. Desburiga is a part of Balmafula's Coven and follows where she leads. Good and evil in Ivalice have always been shades of grey.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

R999

I found a very nice concept for Lich's hair, of which I will do once Balk is finished.

I'll try to get something done before Winshmo get serious on his illustration.

R999

Posted R9 (see main post).  What do you think of the hair thus far?

R999

(see main post).

R9-R14.

R9+ = Fiery style. Little messy.

R14 = Sabin/Loz

Lijj

I like R 10-11 best but R 14 is good too. Who likes David Lynch..Eraserhead anyone?

LastingDawn

I will not and cannot accept 14. Gah... FF7... what's worse is Advent Children...

R11 Looks good though.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

R999

@Lasting_Dawn: Hahaha as usual with the FF7/AC hate >_>   Though I am surprised at how you even have dislike in a minor character. I happen to hate almost everything about FF7 aside from a few aesthetic things.

Apart from that, looks like R11 is the better one here then.

Zozma

i prefer R11 most of all, the back near the neck seems odd to me in all of them tho like the collar could go back a little further or something... but ya R11
or the arms dont look thick enough near the shoulder, thicker like L2 shoulders
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

Kagebunji

I like Loz's hair, but R11 looks the best, since most of us agreed on that, R11 is teh win.