• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 10:09:42 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

CoP progress Log.

Started by Kokojo, May 16, 2011, 08:41:47 pm

Kokojo

Finished Deal, it's a great event despite it's lack of animation (Mostly talk, hehe) but I really like the pace I gave it.
Soon gonna need 1-2 playtesters for Chapter 3 (Just events, not battle). This will include big spoilers! So don't apply if you want the battle experience as well!

Meanwhile, script advanced a bit, still making a list of details I need to add ( Name of maps, special objectives)

New Legend for reading the new event list.

() = Planned
(x) = Started
(X) = Finished.
L = Inbetween events. It just means that the transition is made and contains a save.

P, PP and PPP = P need some fixing, PP is Good to go, PPP is peer-checked and has no details left unturned.
*, **, *** = * Is a battle that's beatable, ** is challenging and *** Follows the difficulty curve. (Battles only, derp)
??? = A special detail that makes it exempt from the P or * systems.

----------------

Events : (Titles kept intentionnaly un-clear)
------
Farewell (X) PP
L
Themed battle (x) P, ???
Themed battle sub-events (9 in total) (X) P, ???
L
Return (X) PP
L
Choose(X) PP
Choice1 and 2(X) PPP
L
SGrace (X) PP, *
SGraceEnd (X) P
L
Plans  (X) PP
L
Storm1 (X) PP, *
Storm1Event (X) PP
Storm1End (X) PP
L
Storm2 (X) PP, *
Storm2Event (X) PPP
Storm2End (x) PP
L
Minds (X) PP
L
Puppets2 (X)  P
Puppets2event1 (X) PPP
Puppets2lose (X) PPP
Puppets2End (X) PP
L
BFB (X) PP x 10, this is a gold mine, but could still be perfected (sounds mostly)
L
Disavantagestart (X) PP
Disavantageend (X) PP
L
Confrontation (X) PP
Confrontationevent (X) PPP
Confrontationend (X) PP
L
Deal (X) PP

Cellar ()
Reunion ()
End of Chapter 3/Epilogue.

Rest :
Chapter 1 bugfixes: 10%
Chapter 2 bugfixes: 15%
In-game text issues : 05%
New script : 9%
Balance issues : 109945%
I keep leaving, I keep coming back. Boomerang boy.

Kokojo

Kokojo

Well, once again, back after some time of absense! Restarted work on the next-to-last event. I realised I had to implement the whole map coordinates! It was long.

sasapinjic

QuotePosted by: Kokojo
« on: September 27, 2013, 03:58:24 AM »
Soon gonna need 1-2 playtesters for Chapter 3 (Just events, not battle). This will include big spoilers! So don't apply if you want the battle experience as well!

If you still need testers , i will be glad to help !  :cool:
I just finished playing chapter two , so i am interested to know what happen next ! 
" Ramza always defeat  me , dispute the fact that his best ability is to trow stones ! "      
my Homepage

Kokojo

I do still need testers. It might take a while, Im still waiting on news for the redesign.

Kokojo

Still progressing the event. I have very little time to myself lately, with school projets comming in and finals.

Im working on CoP at least 20-30 minutes per night.

roarmalf

Just wanted to say thanks for all your work. Let me know if you still need testers. After I finish a play through I would be willing.

Kokojo

Il be sure to keep you in mind when I get the new battle system.

I have continued the event once more, but I had major map bugs to fix.

Kokojo

Well, finished with the two last event but school is still kicking my ass so I din't update. So yeah, story wise, chapter 3 is complete.

I still have a shitton of work to do and I am still waiting on the new battle system, as well as a new sprite.

I won't lie progress has been slow due to lack of motivation (it's still an issue).

Jumza

Quote from: Kokojo on February 05, 2014, 07:33:07 pm
chapter 3 is complete.

Taking this completely out of context: Yay! That's great Koko :) I hope you get to release it asap!

Back in the world of context: I really do hope you get your new battle system and sprite soon ;)

Quote from: Kokojo on February 05, 2014, 07:33:07 pm
I won't lie progress has been slow due to lack of motivation (it's still an issue).

Motivation? Beat JoT5 to the finish line! Be the first completed story patch and do it almost single-handedly! JoT5 has an expansive team and we're almost done chapter 2 but you still have a considerable lead! You'll get some great prize (i'm sure :P) and JoT5 will only receive a lame participation certificate for getting destroyed!

Or uhm, something considerably less dramatic then that.

Good luck on getting chapter 3 released Kokojo :) I greatly look forward too it.
  • Modding version: PSX
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

irontoad30

"[I won't lie progress has been slow due to lack of motivation (it's still an issue).]"

Hey Kokojo, not sure how much difference one voice can make, but I am absolutely loving what you've done with FFT here.  You've managed to bring life back into something I used to be obsessed with, but haven't touched in many years.  I've only played a little so far of your patch, but please keep going with it, if you can.  Very much looking forward to a completed version of your ideas!

Kokojo

Thanks Irontoad, it does help!

Kokojo

Currently working on re-finishing the Chapter 3 events, I rushed them way too much.

Next goal : Fixing the BONUS MONEY thing comming up after each battle and giving all of chapter 3 correct map titles.

Kokojo

BONUS MONEY has been fixed.
Two maps in chapter 3 have been retouched a lot.
I started to work on the map titles but it's gonna be a lot of work.

Last 2 events of chapter 3 were touched up, I decided to add way more text to the ending of chapter 3, so that's gonna take a bit more time.

Progress is progressing~

I decided chapter 4 should be short (4-5 battles max).

Kagebunji

Nice Kokojo, looking forward to it :D
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Kokojo

Map titles were not hard, but were VERY FUCKING LONG TO DO. AUGH.
Finishing the touches on the last event of Chapter 3, will continue tomorrow.

Also, working on a list of what I will have to do when I have my new battle system, and what I will do in the meantime.

By the way, I think il need someone to watch all the events in chapter 3 just for the hell of it and tell me what he likes, dosen't like, dosen't understand about the story and plot and if some events are ugly to his eyes.

3lric

Send me video links for the events, I will review the hell out of them
  • Modding version: PSX

kyozo22

Quote from: Elric on March 09, 2014, 01:18:01 am
Send me video links for the events, I will review the hell out of them

Seconded. Loving the sound of this. Can't wait to watch em man.
  • Modding version: WotL

Kokojo

I also received two pm, but I think il send them to Elric, boy, will he critique the shit outta them.

In other news, fixing some small bugs/text that dosen't make sense in the meantime.
I noticed il have to redo must battle ends to have a better ending and to keep up with the loot. Should't take too long to update but I want to get the perfect layout first.

Dome

Hopping in just to let you know I think it's awesome you are still working on this, and can't wait to play ch3 :-)

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"