• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 30, 2024, 07:10:17 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

I'm not as advanced as you guys but here's my contribution

Started by Kokanut, January 21, 2011, 06:25:05 pm

Kokanut

Hello there, I just stumbled upon the site while looking for a base Aeris (Original game sprite, not the custom) sprite set. I'm a big fan of FFT and Tactics Ogre and enjoyed both games to the point where I wanted to see how TO heros would look in FFT format.

Along with making a large base, I found more characters could be created using the already made FFT sprite set and set out to make characters from other games FFT style.

I actually thought I was doing well until I came across here. My skills do not compare to the compassion and effort you put into your characters. But I hope that these guys might give you some good ideas and expand creation into your spriting and gaming universe.

I probably don't need to list these guys, but I will anyhow
From top to bottom, then heading right to the next column

Demin, Kachua, Vice
Lans Hamilton, Guildus, Mildain
Conopus, Deneb, Warren
Selye, Sisteena, Shelley
Olivia, Haborym, Plancy
Alocer/Archer, Gnab/Beastmaster

Lans Tartare, Oz, Ozma
Balzepho, Andoras, Volac
Branta, Barbas, Martym
Templar Knight

And the non-Tactics Ogre listing
Celes (FF6), (Hero)McDowl (Suikoden), Archer (Fate/Stay Night)
Sabin (FF6), Hugo (Suikoden 3), Rider (Fate/Stay Night)
Edgar (FF6), Yuki (Haruhi), Saber (Fate/Stay Night)
Cyan (FF6), Tsuruya (Haruhi), Eureka v1 (Eureka 7)
Terra/Tina (FF6), Haruhi (Haruhi), Eureka v2 (Eureka 7)
General Leo (FF6), Sean (Street Fighter 3), Renia/Lenia (Queen's Blade)
I-No (Guilty Gear XX), Dudley (Street Fighter 3), Pheonix Wright (Pheonix Wright)

Anyhow, I hope they come of good use to you. If I make more, I'll be sure to send em.

Vanya

These are pretty cool. Do you have any complete sheets?
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
¯\(°_0)/¯

Kokanut

I tried starting one for Lans Tartare a while ago, but didn't have the heart at the time to finish it.

What I do have are the sheets that show what went into each character, making it easier to see what sheets were used so they could be put together better. I could post those if you'd like

Example:

Twinees

nice stuff Kokanut, and please do post those sheets youve made showing what you used to make them, if anyone continues with them in the future, im sure it would be easier if they knew what parts were used.
great stuff.
  • Modding version: PSX

Lijj

Kokanut this shows enough skill to be a great spriter. Sabin looks great and that one wouldn't be hard to finish. You could be the one I've been waiting for! haha. Been hoping a new spriter would come along w/ some skills. You don't know how much I hate 1 framers but most of these are feasible. I surely wouldn't mind seeing more of these broken down, but what I'd really like to see are some full sheets. Maybe start with an easier one like Sabin.
  • Modding version: PSX

Kokanut

I'll see what I can do. I do this along with perler beads so it might take a while for most

Part 1

Kokanut

Part 2

Kokanut

And finally, 3
Hope it helps!

I'll see if I can get some practice in with Sabin. Anyone can do whatever character they want. As competition can be a good thing

Kokanut

Tigerspike

Wow, that's great stuff Kokanut!  I like the Tactics Ogre stuff you've started!
Oh come now. That doesn't even make sense. How can flimsy paper possibly beat the raw density of stone?

Kagebunji

Do only I think that Purple Reis with hat would make a PERFECT witch?(look at Deneb's set). I am looking forward to see your work.

WELCOME TO FFH, WHERE ALL YOUR DREAMS COME TRUE, Kokanut!!

Cheetah

These are all great starts. I think you totally could do a complete sprite if you wanted too, you already have more than just the basics down. I would recommend choosing one of your favorites and just seeing how far you get. I'm particularly a fan of your Vice sprite.
Current Projects:

Kagebunji

Yeah, this was long relationship, huh... This guy has deviantart account, Et linked me to his sorites yesterday. I personally would like to see some of those done(DENEB!!), so how about we contact him?

Kill_Bones

Go for it. I hate to see people post and then disappear a few days later. These sprites were good, too =/. I wonder what happened?

Full credit to Mayhem over at RPGuild for my sig

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."  

-Abraham Lincoln

Quote from: Dome on February 19, 2011, 04:36:46 am
Sorry Eternal, I don't have balls....

Kagebunji

Here is Kokanut's DA account if anyone is interested.
http://kiskekokanut.deviantart.com/
It also appears that he is still around "Last Active:Today at 08:00:16 AM" , he is just shy, hehe.

Kokanut

Shy, busy and maybe a little lazy. Lots of things have been distracting me in real life so I've only been doing little bits here and there. I'm not really good at making original sprites either so I might end up doing as much as I can do by myself and then pass the work to someone more capable than I. I'll work a little more and then post the ones I've got so far, then see how things pan out.

Edit, here's what I've got of Sabin so far

Kagebunji

Sabin is looking good. I remember there was a portrait for him around here, but I think it looked bad.

mav

Damn, that's a pretty impressive Sabin. Careful with those extra hair strands though--they might be tough to pull off. Was there a Sabin portrait, Kage? I don't recall.

Kagebunji

Yeah, I knew there was one, and like I thought, it is bad...

Also, I am sure this will make you smile, Kokanut:

Kokanut

Also, I am sure this will make you smile, Kokanut:

I like it alot!  :mrgreen:

And yeah, the hair strands are my main problem with Sabin. His hair design came from a villager npc rather than an in game character. So yeah, I'd need help doing that