• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 09:47:36 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Is it possible...

Started by murak, May 17, 2009, 12:06:18 pm

murak

May 17, 2009, 12:06:18 pm Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by murak
Okay, I was wondering, we're able to include completely new jobs and sprites... (up to 255 right?)

So I was wondering, is it possible to give people special jobs routers?

Such as giving Ramza a specialized job router that only he has which loads jobs that were edited to be him in the different sprite's outfit?

Not sure if it could, but if its entirely possible to do, I am willing to put the work in to complete it.

LastingDawn

May 17, 2009, 12:21:19 pm #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
It is an interesting idea, but it would require there not be such a thing as generics (which is very simple, in reality and would work fantastically for Mercenaries) but it's not 255, it's 9F not FF sprites available. The way to solve this is make Ramza into a Generic Male sprite throughout the game, thus when he changes classes he changes sprite. Though there might be another way an old Gameshark code, if memory serves right.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

murak

May 17, 2009, 12:31:57 pm #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by murak
Hm, 9F, so how many new things can be added if any?

So, if we were to do that, would that mean we couldn't just have anyone join the team because Ramza would be taking up the job wheel?

If i understand that right anyway.

regarding gamesharks, I do know some codes that changes the number of jobs in the job wheel... although i never really used them.
If that is the one you were thinking of.