• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 06:41:01 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

♈ ♉ ♊ ♋ FFT Arena♌ ♍ ♎ ♏ AI Tournament Season 4 ♐ ♑ ♒ ♓

Started by Barren, June 11, 2015, 08:36:46 am

dw6561

Congradulations Andante! And great job to Shintroy for making it to the finals. As someone who got totally thrashed by Andante's team, I can say that you definitely put up way more of a fight than I did.

I think if talk skill had hit a little more often and if Shintroy's team didn't get so split up like it did in some rounds, he could have put on a better offense. The monk dying so fast in each round didn't help things either. But that was a good finale for both teams I'd say.

The "Pub Fight" at the end was so perfect. "Challenger approaching!" Cue Gold Saucer music XD.

I've really enjoyed participating in this. I've learned so much and I'm itching to improve my teams for future matches.
  • Modding version: PSX
This is FF Tactics. All the Tactics you can ever have, all in one byte.

Barren

You're in the top ten dw6561. That's honestly not too bad for your first time.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
You dare cross blades with me?

Corosar

Wow what an outcome... congrats andante for the win. I can't wait for the next tournament.. but i have alot of learning left to do before the next season...

Time for a new season!

V 1.4.1 W/L: 3 / 7
V 1.4 W/L: 3 / 14.5
V 1.39 W/L: 13.25 / 22

Mudvayne

Awesome tourney. I had a great time in my first tournament and didn't do too bad. I've learned quite a bit and am looking forward to future tourneys.

I wouldn't mind another quick tournament this summer.. Maybe a SCC tourney? I'd be interested in that.

skiploom188

Mime's were the most feared class in this season. And Andante's team just smashed through them if he ever faced one. A very inspiring win! That being said, I really like Shintroy's team. The deadly spam of status and Mash the Monk who keeps getting back up is a win combo. Everytime he does that Quickening in his first turn then followed by the mime, you know you're f***ed.

Fun tournament, I'll be waiting for the next one...
======================================================================
I evolved... into a stick figure. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCj-yTyoVpYIdcdIPw8SP5rw
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pokemon Fantasy Tactics - A treat for FFT fans! http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=10984.msg207542
======================================================================

Andante49

On eggshells the whole time, even when I had the advantage all it would take is a mimic daravon to connect and the monk to get up with one-shot wave fists to turn the tide. Some questionable decisions from the mime, going for a bag smack instead of blackmailing the charging time mage and trying for refute when the poison wouldn't drop her to name a few, let me take it. The video timer with the surprise pub fight had me believing that I lost to a few 10+ minute mime-induced stall victories, that'll teach me to "cheat" by looking at the duration. And that pub fight, super embarrassing, glad I didn't run into such a fine tuned magic team. 100% Raise 2's and 200+ Moogles, no thank you. Also, the lancer deciding the time mage was dead weight and leaving her to crystallize was a super dick move, don't think those two will be on speaking terms now.

GG Shintroy, you might not have won it all in the Year of the Mime but, definitely showed everyone the power of a well executed mime team. Really looking forward to what you put together in the future.

Thanks to all the recorders TrueLight, Barren, Gaignun, and Mudvayne for putting together another great season. Can't wait for Season 5!

Corosar

Quote from: Andante49 on July 20, 2015, 01:01:17 am
On eggshells the whole time, even when I had the advantage all it would take is a mimic daravon to connect and the monk to get up with one-shot wave fists to turn the tide. Some questionable decisions from the mime, going for a bag smack instead of blackmailing the charging time mage and trying for refute when the poison wouldn't drop her to name a few, let me take it. The video timer with the surprise pub fight had me believing that I lost to a few 10+ minute mime-induced stall victories, that'll teach me to "cheat" by looking at the duration. And that pub fight, super embarrassing, glad I didn't run into such a fine tuned magic team. 100% Raise 2's and 200+ Moogles, no thank you. Also, the lancer deciding the time mage was dead weight and leaving her to crystallize was a super dick move, don't think those two will be on speaking terms now.

GG Shintroy, you might not have won it all in the Year of the Mime but, definitely showed everyone the power of a well executed mime team. Really looking forward to what you put together in the future.

Thanks to all the recorders TrueLight, Barren, Gaignun, and Mudvayne for putting together another great season. Can't wait for Season 5!

I thought it was because your time mage was zombied before death... does that carry through to dead status... if so... there was no hope for that character once she was dropped.
Time for a new season!

Andante49

Quote from: Corosar on July 20, 2015, 01:08:25 am

I thought it was because your time mage was zombied before death... does that carry through to dead status... if so... there was no hope for that character once she was dropped.

So she was, I missed the reapply before she died. I guess he's off the hook then. Zombie does persist after death but, it gives a 50% revival chance when the counter hits zero so it can backfire. Although undead protection is rare and Holy Water is usually the first cut from item to save JP so it's a pretty safe strategy and it can "weaponize" your typically defensive Raise2 user

Corosar

Quote from: Andante49 on July 20, 2015, 01:39:15 am
So she was, I missed the reapply before she died. I guess he's off the hook then. Zombie does persist after death but, it gives a 50% revival chance when the counter hits zero so it can backfire. Although undead protection is rare and Holy Water is usually the first cut from item to save JP so it's a pretty safe strategy and it can "weaponize" your typically defensive Raise2 user

ahh good to keep in mind... yea i expected it to have a 50% chance of backfiring and having them come back up at the end of their timer... though there are a fair ammount of ways of using it against people.. concecration and as you mentioned raise and raise 2 work well... i think pheonix downs also instakill too..
Time for a new season!

Barren

In this version Phoenix Down only does 25% damage to the target's current HP. So it really has been downgraded than what it used to do. X/Hi Potions or Raise 1/2 are the way to go on zombified units. You can also follow it up with Seal Evil or Consecration (even though it's barely used).

Corosar

Quote from: Barren on July 20, 2015, 03:28:21 am
In this version Phoenix Down only does 25% damage to the target's current HP. So it really has been downgraded than what it used to do. X/Hi Potions or Raise 1/2 are the way to go on zombified units. You can also follow it up with Seal Evil or Consecration (even though it's barely used).

I actually had consecration on my paladin in this tournament. Though i never got to use it with my oracle's zombie she had... ahh well. but yea i thought phoenix down would have instakilled zombies... good to keep in mind.
Time for a new season!

Elmdork

Great tournament, guys! Thanks mudvayne, andante, gaigun, TL and especially barren for putting it all together. This final match was nuts.

Oh damn. Those fail refutes made me sad every time. Truly a nail biter, mime was inches from making a mockery of this tournament. Nice to see lancer made it to finals, they don't nearly get the love they deserve and are more often seen as a bad multi class than a decent straight up lancer. Armored 10 speed item bot is cool too, I've had some lancer ideas on the back burner for a while, suppose I'll slap them together in honor of the winning team.

Shintroy, we'll show em' next year. After all is said and done, I think we made a great impression with our mimes and I am proud of myself, you should be too. I look forward to seeing you in the regular season.

GG to the both of you, and gaigun who got to throw a couple shots in ;)
The bird of Hermes is my name
Eating my wings to make me tame
  • Discord username: rouroni elmdor

Gaignun

Thanks to Barren, Mudvayne, and TrueLight for hosting, and to Andante for timely management of the brackets.  My contribution was a small one.

Two remarkably similar teams:

• One monk on offense

• One time mage on support

• One tanky item bot

and boatloads of SP all around.  The only remarkable difference is the wild card: A mime for Shintroy and an archer for Andante.  I think this wildcard is what determined the outcome.  The mime simply couldn't provide the raw offense that the archer could.  The mime stalled Andante a bit, but Andante wouldn't break so easily (with the exception of round 2, match 1, when Shintroy trapped Andante in a resurrection loop).  With robust defense, Andante was able to endure Shintroy's status tactics and wear out Shintroy with raw offense.

By the way, good idea with the pub match, Barren!  By padding out the video with an extra match, it was more difficult to predict how the grand finals would end.  I honestly wasn't expecting to be given a chance to face a team of season 4.  I really appreciate it!

Quote from: Mudvayne on July 19, 2015, 11:11:16 pmI wouldn't mind another quick tournament this summer.. Maybe a SCC tourney? I'd be interested in that.

I was thinking of a skill challenge, myself.  In this challenge, we would require at least one unit to learn a certain skill (e.g., Ultima, Demi 1/2, Lich, Song/Dance.)  The idea would be to encourage players to get creative with skills that aren't commonly seen in the meta-game.

Barren

I think that would be a good idea too. A SCC tourney with a rule of only using one copy of an ability (i.e only one unit can have ultima).

TrueLight

Hope everyone enjoyed the tournament!

Although I didn't make it as far as the other hosts, it was a fun experience for me. Hope to see you all next time.
  • Modding version: PSX

CupOfOrangeJuice

Just want to give a big shoutout to everyone who helped make this tournament happen! I had a great time participating in it, and was good to watch all the other creative ideas and matches from other teams.

Elmdork

I'm down for a SCC, preferably standard rules. Tough to get that all underway before the fall, but if we start registration soon, we should get another good turnout.
The bird of Hermes is my name
Eating my wings to make me tame
  • Discord username: rouroni elmdor

Corosar

Okay... i am new to this so please excuse the dumb*** that is me... but..w....what is a SCC?

*edit* ohh wait ... a skill tournament? again dumb new to this yata yata.
Time for a new season!

Reks

Quote from: Corosar on July 21, 2015, 02:24:00 am
Okay... i am new to this so please excuse the dumb*** that is me... but..w....what is a SCC?

*edit* ohh wait ... a skill tournament? again dumb new to this yata yata.

Single Class Challenge.

Basically all four units all have to be the same main job.

And please let's not do the whole 'claiming' thing like last time. That's really, really restrictive.

I mean, I can say I'm gonna use Squires no hands down, but anyone else is free to use them as well and doesn't have to feel that I just stole their place from the getgo. That's no fun.
  • Discord username: Reks#0128

Corosar

Ohhh thanks reks! hmmm i would not mind joining that... it could be alot of fun!~
Time for a new season!