• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 19, 2024, 08:02:41 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Spell.Mes

Started by Nirek, May 03, 2010, 10:30:33 am

Nirek

I tried the 1.3 forums, but maybe this is a better place for this question:

I'm trying to adapt the fixed Spell.Mes to the new spells in 1.3, and no matter what I try, any change causes it to revert to pausing at a spellquote and waiting for a button press. Is there some other tool besides FFTacText I should be using?

Xifanie

No, currently TacText doesn't support the auto-closing character...
There is one thing you could do though.
Edit in TacText, patch, extract SPELL.MES and replace all byte FE with byte FF using a hex editor.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Nirek

Thanks, that appears to work, using the current one as a guide I was able to change most of the fe to ff, with the exception of the large groups of fe (which I gather is where all the songs/monster spells which have no quotes, are) It appears to work from the limited testing I did on it.

formerdeathcorps

You can fix that.  Just have it auto-fill in as FF.
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

Zozma

wait, just doing that makes all the messages auto close?
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

Nirek

Yes it does, a few seconds after the last word, I posted my completed version for 1.3 in my topic over there, if you want to play with it, just need to replace Spell.Mes in the iso with CDMage/etc.

Zozma

well ive made a lot of changes due to extra spells like the Aero, Water, and Quake sets being added as well as graviga, gravija, and quasar...
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

Nirek

Ah, wasn't sure. Well, the easiest way I found to do it, is open it in a hex editor ( I actually use a hex extension for notepad++)
and search for fe, and change each to ff, with the exception of large blocks you will find. These are groupings of spells that have no message, the songs, all the monster stuff, etc, there's a couple of those. What you want is to change any singular fe to ff, and the first fe of a block to ff. (In theory you could probably just change them all, but I was using the original 'fixed' file that Zodiac made as a reference, and that is how it was done there)