• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 19, 2024, 04:42:19 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

I bought a Wii.

Started by Grandy, August 25, 2008, 12:28:15 pm

Grandy

August 25, 2008, 12:28:15 pm Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Grandy
Yup.

And I played so much Super Paper Mario already that I feel like pressing the A button everytime I need to walk to the right.

Yup.

But I need suggestions for other games.

Argg0

August 25, 2008, 01:11:49 pm #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Argg0
SMBB
Zelda TP
Rayman (group only)

Grandy

August 25, 2008, 01:32:08 pm #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Grandy
Was planning to buy SSBB and already have both others.

It's the good thing to buy an used video game, it comes with games already.

Vanya

August 25, 2008, 02:31:10 pm #3 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Vanya
No More Heroes is supposed to be the best light sabre game eva. At least until The Force Unleashed comes out.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
¯\(°_0)/¯

gomtuu

August 25, 2008, 09:24:30 pm #4 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by gomtuu
Maybe it goes without saying, but Mario Galaxy is pretty awesome.

Vanya

August 25, 2008, 10:22:14 pm #5 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Vanya
Fuh shizzle!
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
¯\(°_0)/¯

orangejulius56

August 26, 2008, 12:16:41 am #6 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by orangejulius56
I'm surprised nobody mentioned Mario Kart Wii.

FFT

August 26, 2008, 04:08:34 pm #7 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by FFT
Trauma Center: New Blood is good, I guess it's worth a rental. It's a surgery game, not realistic or gory for that matter.

Gameplay Video 1 Gameplay Video 2(BTW, those things in video 2 are "parasites" that you must deal with during the game)
Check out reviews. Also, ignore the reviews that say "the game is impossible on single player, it's a 2player game only". It's not, if you want, check out videos on youtube for a couple of players playing the entire game on hard, on single player, it's very possible.

Though, there are a couple of missions that can be frustrating the first time through, but the difficulty settings can be changed at any time, operations on easy should be easy enough. If not, check out videos on how people complete certain operations.

It's about a 8-15 hour game. It's 8 hours if you played a Trauma Center game before(there are 4 in the series, 2 on DS, 2 on Wii), probably 15 hours if you never played before.

That's on hard difficulty, probably less hours on lower difficulties.

If you skip all the dialogue, cut about 2-3 hours from the length of the game.

If you like to replay surgery, I guess it's worth a buy but it can be finished in a rental.

Kourama

August 27, 2008, 09:19:11 pm #8 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kourama
Below are all the games I have and would recommend all of them except maybe Fire Emblem, haven't really liked that game so far.

No More Heroes - Pretty fun beat em up game. The story part is pretty interesting so far

Metroid Prime 3 - I've loved Metroid Prime since the first version came out. This one is pretty good and the controls are fantastic.

Super Paper Mario - You have it so you know how good it is.

Mario Galaxy - One of the best Mario games ever.

Mario Kart Wii - Pretty good Mario Kart game, online mode is pretty decent as well.

Super Smash Bros Brawl - You either love it or hate but this is a great game.

Guilty Gear XX: Accent Core - Fun 2-D fighting game, controls work best with classic controller.

Zelda: Twilight Princess - A Zelda game with decent story. Not all that difficult but a pretty good game.

Fire Emblem 9 - Have barely played game since I restart each time I lose a character. So far pretty frustrating because of that, although the one on Gamecube was great.

Resident Evil 4 - If you haven't played it already you should. Has all the extras the PS2 version had with even better controls and graphics, Best Version of the game by far.

Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles - Pretty fun game, pretty much a copy of House of the Dead games.

Grandy

August 30, 2008, 09:58:32 pm #9 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Grandy
Quote from: "Kourama"Below are all the games I have and would recommend all of them except maybe Fire Emblem, haven't really liked that game so far.

No More Heroes - Pretty fun beat em up game. The story part is pretty interesting so far

Metroid Prime 3 - I've loved Metroid Prime since the first version came out. This one is pretty good and the controls are fantastic.

Super Paper Mario - You have it so you know how good it is.

Mario Galaxy - One of the best Mario games ever.

Mario Kart Wii - Pretty good Mario Kart game, online mode is pretty decent as well.

Super Smash Bros Brawl - You either love it or hate but this is a great game.

Guilty Gear XX: Accent Core - Fun 2-D fighting game, controls work best with classic controller.

Zelda: Twilight Princess - A Zelda game with decent story. Not all that difficult but a pretty good game.

Fire Emblem 9 - Have barely played game since I restart each time I lose a character. So far pretty frustrating because of that, although the one on Gamecube was great.

Resident Evil 4 - If you haven't played it already you should. Has all the extras the PS2 version had with even better controls and graphics, Best Version of the game by far.

Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles - Pretty fun game, pretty much a copy of House of the Dead games.

Bolded games are the ones I already have.

Fire Emblem... I've never played the others, so just tell me if it's one of those games like FF, in which the plot of each game has nothing to do with the other.

Guilty Gear is good, but I was never much into fighting games anyway. Aside Tekken.

Brawl = **** yeah.

Galaxy = Yup.

Kart = Meh.

NMH = See "Brawl"

I also already got Trauma Center: New Blood, and am rather confused on how this "Online play" deal works like.

Cheetah

August 30, 2008, 10:11:38 pm #10 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
Two games that no one else is likely to suggest but that are absolutely awesome.

Okami

Zack and Wiki

Both are absolutely awesome and if you take the time to read reviews of them you should get a good idea of why. Oh and if you are looking for games to play with a girlfriend those are two of the best I have found. "No More Heroes" is really good for an action fix. Oh and if you like anime and One Piece than "One Piece: Unlimited Adventure" is a must, best anime inspired game I have played (other than some decent fighters). I have my Wii modded so I have played pretty much every game out there as of a couple months ago.
Current Projects:

boomkick

August 31, 2008, 02:11:11 am #11 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by boomkick
Okami is one of those games that drag you into it and make you love everything about it. Characters and the a japanese-painting graphics. And a paintbrush is what you sue as a weapon!

Kourama

August 31, 2008, 06:17:58 am #12 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kourama
Yeah Fire Emblem is like FF where each story is different than the other with the exception of the last two games. The one for the Wii is a sequel to the previous on on GC.

FFT

August 31, 2008, 09:10:42 pm #13 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by FFT
Quote from: "Grandy"I also already got Trauma Center: New Blood, and am rather confused on how this "Online play" deal works like.

Unfortunately, it doesn't have "Online play" but it has online leaderboards(AKA, submit your score, compare to others).

Grandy

August 31, 2008, 09:15:58 pm #14 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Grandy
Quote from: "Cheetah"Two games that no one else is likely to suggest but that are absolutely awesome.

Okami

Zack and Wiki

Both are absolutely awesome and if you take the time to read reviews of them you should get a good idea of why. Oh and if you are looking for games to play with a girlfriend those are two of the best I have found. "No More Heroes" is really good for an action fix. Oh and if you like anime and One Piece than "One Piece: Unlimited Adventure" is a must, best anime inspired game I have played (other than some decent fighters). I have my Wii modded so I have played pretty much every game out there as of a couple months ago.

I've got Zack and Wiki. It came with the console. Like all the games I own. Because I bought it used with 20 or so games.

QuoteUnfortunately, it doesn't have "Online play" but it has online leaderboards(AKA, submit your score, compare to others).

That kinda beats the point of hasving a big "warning: gaming experience might change in online play" sign, doesn't it?