• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 19, 2024, 04:19:38 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Anyone play Super Smash Bros? My idea for a new character

Started by FFT, May 28, 2008, 04:09:52 pm

FFT

Anyone here play Super Smash Bros(Any version)? Well in case you do, you'll understand what I'm talking about, otherwise, you might not understand what I'm talking about.

I am just going to post this for fun, since I thought of this idea(in the shower, I think of a lot of game ideas in the shower...).

My favorite character to play as in SSBB is Marth. Well, I was disappointed that they removed Roy(He's plays very similar to Marth) in Brawl so I thought of creating a new character based on my favorite FFT character, Agrias that'll play similar to Marth.

Again, this is just an idea I thought of for fun, in case anyone on these boards happen to play Super Smash Bros, it might be an interesting read.

Agrias, the Holy Knight:

1. Neutral B move "Sword Skill" - A chargeable attack. When used, a colored "dot" appears in front of her. She can move the "dot" left or right, but it can't be moved up or down, it stays horizontal to where Agrias is.

The longer she charges the ability, the faster the dot can be moved and the stronger the attack.

Anyway, the dot represents where an attack is going to be launched.

Think Nuclear Missiles from Starcraft. In Starcraft, when a red dot appears, a nuke will be lauched exactly where the red dot is. Same thing for Agrias and her "Sword Skill" tech, the dot represents where the attack is going to hit.

The "dot" cycles through three colors - "White", "Blue", and "Red" every second. The color represents the attack that is going to be made.

Note - All effects look the same from Final Fantasy Tactics.

(White) Holy Explosion - Agrias swings her sword and a ray of light hits the dot, if an enemy is near the dot, they will be damaged. Stuns the opponent for 1-2 seconds and has good knockback.

(Blue) Lightning Stab - Agrias uses Lightning Stab.
Lightning hits the ground where the dot is, dealing good damage. When it hits the ground it also creates 2 small lightning particles that move both left and right and hits anyone in the way.

(Red) Night Sword - Agrias uses Night Sword. Deals moderate damage and recovers 5-6% of Agrias' damage.

Note - 10% of the time, Agrias will "quote" and say something BEFORE using her attack(Swordskill). This will increase the power of the the attack by 50%.

Example for Night Sword "quote" - "Master of all blades, cut energy, Night Sword!".

While she is saying her quote, her opponent(that's near the dot) will be stunned, and she will be invincible while she is saying her quote.

She will no longer be invincible and her opponent will no longer be stunned once the attack is unleashed.

2. Side B move "Dancing Sword Skill" - Very similar to Marth's ability, Dancing Blades. Agrias can chain multiple attacks together.

2a. Pressing Side B + Up(Night Sword Slash) - Results in Agrias slashing upward and recover Agrias's health.

2b. Pressing Side B + Left/Right(Holy Explosion Slash) - Agrias slashes sideways and stuns the opponent for 0.5 seconds per hit.

2c. Pressing Side B + Down(Lightning Stab Slash) - Agrias slashes downward and lightning sparks appear and damage nearby enemies in addition to damaging the person Agrias is slashing.

3. Up B move "Crescent Moon Slash" - Chargeable attack. Agrias jumps up, rolls, and spins with her sword out. Agrias spins counter-clockwise.
She gets launched up into the air using this move, she can also bounce off of walls or floors while using this move. The longer you charge it, the faster and farther she flies.

4. Down B move "Stasis Counter" - Similar to Marth's counter skill. Agrias will counter, and when she successfully counters an attack, she will counter with "Statis Sword".

She launches the enemy backward a little bit, and then uses "Stasis Sword", which will temporarily trap the enemy in diamonds(?), freezing them for a few seconds.

Nagafen

August 03, 2008, 01:57:47 pm #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Nagafen
Awesome. I play Super Smash (Longtime fan) and loved Brawl, and can't wait for Smash Flash. (why DID they remove Roy?) And I love your idea. Conversely, I'd love to see FE/SSB characters in FFT...

VincentCraven

August 04, 2008, 08:48:17 am #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by VincentCraven
The real question is, why didn't they add Sigurd? We all know he's the best FE lord.
I changed jobs and that has made all the difference.

Nagafen

August 04, 2008, 09:50:12 am #3 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Nagafen
Sigurd? True.. they added Roy+Marth BEFORE FE came over here... and I've played FE4 (Map sizes on that are astounding)... maybe they thought it would be hard as he's dead in the second part of the game, and characters fates in SSB are ambiguous, but none of them (apart from The various Links and Zelda's from different time periods) have died in their respective games.

VincentCraven

August 06, 2008, 06:02:44 pm #4 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by VincentCraven
Ah, so true.
I changed jobs and that has made all the difference.

SentinalBlade

August 08, 2008, 05:06:50 pm #5 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SentinalBlade
thought you guys might enjoy this :D

Its the chipmunk opera? XP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rV_dISg_-lw