• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 08:02:19 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Canada is gonna be so shit.

Started by Kokojo, May 03, 2011, 12:55:56 am

Kokojo

Failure. The hyper-right won.

So now we might lose abortion and such....

I think I need swicth countries.
I keep leaving, I keep coming back. Boomerang boy.

Wiz

Psh, don't come down to the US then. More corrupt where most politicans are bought out by corportations like Goldman Sachs and of the like who caused "greatest recession since the Great Depression" which lasted from 9/08 to 9/10 I think according to economists.

And also, you guys are only about 2 Trillion in debt compared to 14 Trillion here, which makes a huge impact when trading with other countries around the globe.

But meh, it's your decision, do w.e. you want :P
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Kokojo

I won't come to the US. I just mean my country is not going to be so great over the next 4 years. And we may be 2 trillion in dept.... but we have less than 1/7 of your population :P

GeneralStrife

And the hyper left winning would be better?
Let's get into debt even moar by being a nanny state!

Kokojo

There is only moderate left.

And besides, here In quebec, health is in the form of left. And we not only survive, we get healed.

Kivutar

The hyper-right won?

Man, that's fucking sad.

It has been the same in my country. They have been harmfull.
Tethical, an online FFT clone

Wiz

He's talking about the US Koko XD

But yeah, spending ridiculous amounts of $$ compared to his predecessor is not a good solution too.

Vote Dems and Repubs out of office (unfortunately, not many advocate this proposal :/)

And you're right too Koko, your guys' health care system is ranked higher than ours overall and the Life Expectancy Rate's higher by two to three years.

CIA World Factbook on the web + this video back up what I have to say.

v
v
v
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

GeneralStrife

Meh. I don't really trust any politicians TBH.

Gotwald

Steven Harper is hyper right? I'm pretty sure that a conservative government in Canada is like a minority Republican government.

-- Attention Citizens, this is the Computer. 2 + 2 now equals 3.9999238849009985. Please recalibrate your equipment.

My youtube Channel
My 1.3 Playthough (Complete)
My Final fantasy I Blind playthrough

formerdeathcorps

May 05, 2011, 03:02:20 am #9 Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 03:13:26 am by formerdeathcorps
Steven Harper is hyper right? I'm pretty sure that a conservative government in Canada is like a minority Republican government.

That's only because Canada's left left more tangible policy results in the US (government healthcare, political amnesty to US draft dodgers, and colleges with more expenses paid for).  Hence, Harper has more to fight against, and thus, can't be as aggressive as his US counterparts.  That being said, it's quite scary how long this man's been in power (since the Iraq War) and it's even more frightening how he's holding on (like by suspending Parliament when he was about to lose support).
Of course, the right, backed to the hilt by the banks, newspapers, and businesses owned by the rich elite, would love to tear that down and they've made recent inroads, from what I hear.  Most leftists can't officially stand up to this because if they vote for "leftist" parties in Canada, US, or anywhere else, they'll be betrayed by the equally bought off political or union bosses.  This is why I don't vote in US elections; they mean nothing.

Let's get into debt even moar by being a nanny state!

and
But yeah, spending ridiculous amounts of $$ compared to his predecessor is not a good solution too.

Real issue is really where the money's going and what it's being used for.  Your stereotypical "Welfare Mama" and "drug addict" on welfare does exist, but the average person on welfare needs every dime simply to survive and provide for their kids.  There's no doubt being on the public dole is embarrassing (and is often insufficient, meaning 60 hours a week + welfare at low wages may be enough, but not otherwise, leaving little time for family, leisure, or recuperation from illness).
Now compare this to how the speculator class uses public money.  The US debt is half owned by foreign creditors (China, Saudi Arabia, Japan who are backed heavily by Wall Street) and by domestic creditors (which are mostly Wall Street banks).  Unfortunately, the current economic depression (since it lasted longer than a year) was also engineered by Wall Street banks.  The TARP bailout mostly went to Wall Street (and that's not counting the many fold more the Federal Reserve simply gave them), who simply gave it to themselves and their shareholders (despite the supposed purpose of TARP being to "stimulate lending").  Lastly, if Social Security and Medicare was privatized, that money would either not be spent, or would be held in investments by WAll STreet (essentially meaning if they engineer another bubble and it bursts, there will no safety for anyone who didn't invest in gold or has land or backed out in time).
Essentially, what the US government now faces with this "debt" problem (along with the downgrading of US treasury bills by S&P), is extortion.  They told us in 2008 that everything would crash if the US didn't hand over $800 billion now and more under the table.  Now, they're essentially threatening to downgrade the US from the status of "safe currency" (and thus make trade impossible) unless the US slashes social programs they do not like because it represents a source of money they can't have, and upholds social values they do not like.

This isn't to say we can pay whatever we want without any material backing (either in metals or in the overall strength of the country), but the US has enough to fund benefits at Canada's level (and improve infrastructure, schooling, and industrial capacity).  Rather, that money is being kept by (or simply given to) speculators who would rather either demand an immediate, short-term economic return on the above (which usually means instead of getting the best and most durable long-term schools, techniques, bridges, and factories, the lowest quality and cheapest fare is given unless you can pay, incurring high maintenance costs for most people), or speculate it (because this offers a far higher short-term rate of return than production at the cost of increasing company mergers, acquisitions, and layoffs).
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

Pickle Girl Fanboy

May 05, 2011, 03:28:19 pm #10 Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 03:30:46 pm by Pickle Girl Fanboy
My sister has a bunch of mental problems - schizophrenia, emotional disturbances, social anxiety - and really fun physical disorders like a malfunctioning thyroid gland.  Oh, and her IQ is so low she's nearly borderline retarded.  She's 29, and she's had social security, medicare (or is it medicaid) her entire life.  There's a fair chance that her mental and physical problems were caused by benzene leaking from fuel storage tanks on the military base where she was conceived, born, and spent the first three years of her life.

My dad was in the Marines, Army, and Navy for 10 years until they kicked him out because he was spending more time in a hospital than on the job.  He can't work because his back is fucked up from a fall off a building onto a pile of cinderblocks, and his mind is fucked up because his drill instructors would grab his head and beat it into a wall until his ears bled.  He couldn't get disability, social security, medicare, or medicaid until he moved to Ohio, because the politicians in Florida had no patience for welfare leeches like him and made a bunch of bureaucratic hoops for poor fucks like him to jump through.

GeneralStrife, here's an idea: before you parrot your parents beliefs - since I'm sure you're soo independent-minded that you think, "Hey, maybe my parents are wrong" before you form an opinion of your own - or mimic what you hear on talk radio, try, just once, to think.  For yourself.  Because you sound like you're fourteen years old, and like you're an intelligent young man who has never made a difficult decision in your entire life.  You don't have to agree with me, and you don't have to sympathise with my fucked up family, but you should try to be yourself, and not what you think other people want you to be.

GeneralStrife

May 05, 2011, 06:14:27 pm #11 Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 08:47:16 pm by GeneralStrife
Quote from: Pickle Girl Fanboy on May 05, 2011, 03:28:19 pm
My sister has a bunch of mental problems - schizophrenia, emotional disturbances, social anxiety - and really fun physical disorders like a malfunctioning thyroid gland.  Oh, and her IQ is so low she's nearly borderline retarded.  She's 29, and she's had social security, medicare (or is it medicaid) her entire life.  There's a fair chance that her mental and physical problems were caused by benzene leaking from fuel storage tanks on the military base where she was conceived, born, and spent the first three years of her life.

My dad was in the Marines, Army, and Navy for 10 years until they kicked him out because he was spending more time in a hospital than on the job.  He can't work because his back is fucked up from a fall off a building onto a pile of cinderblocks, and his mind is fucked up because his drill instructors would grab his head and beat it into a wall until his ears bled.  He couldn't get disability, social security, medicare, or medicaid until he moved to Ohio, because the politicians in Florida had no patience for welfare leeches like him and made a bunch of bureaucratic hoops for poor fucks like him to jump through.

GeneralStrife, here's an idea: before you parrot your parents beliefs - since I'm sure you're soo independent-minded that you think, "Hey, maybe my parents are wrong" before you form an opinion of your own - or mimic what you hear on talk radio, try, just once, to think.  For yourself.  Because you sound like you're fourteen years old, and like you're an intelligent young man who has never made a difficult decision in your entire life.  You don't have to agree with me, and you don't have to sympathise with my fucked up family, but you should try to be yourself, and not what you think other people want you to be.

My words were for lazy people who don't wanna work.
Touching story though. My parents are too dumb to have political views. It's touching how you think you know me. Quite Amazing really.