• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

June 01, 2024, 09:18:50 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Plans for new sprites, whats everyone working on?

Started by Zozma, April 24, 2008, 08:34:17 pm

Devon_v

Quote from: "mav"You may wanna consider lightening the skin tone a tad bit. I know you want her to be dark skinned, but this is too much. Perhaps you could consider making the shades blend a little better? Lighten the lightest shade, darken the darkest, etc.

That would probably help. She originally had a much lighter skin tone, and actually had blue-green hair, but I lost a shade when I had to introduce a true white to keep her eyes looking proper, so I used it to highlight the hair, and then that looked so shiny that I gave her the white-blonde hair to match up with it, and then I felt there wasn't enough contrast to the sprite since light blue and flesh tone just blend to make more pale white-ish colors, so her skirt wasn't helping any, and I darkened her skin. I probably overdid it. As for too much, she's still lighter than Wesley Snipes. ;)

Quote from: "Zozma"okay at least a start on the portrait lol...

normally i dont make my portraits smile, ive only done it with one other sprite, "lust" but i felt it appropriate to show a bit of difference between good agrias and evil impostor lol...

The grin must stay! So much character in that portrait.

Edit:

Is this any better? (No, I haven't moved her head yet) The stronger contrast doesn't look right to me, but I do realize that this sprite will be very flat without something to "pop" some depth on it.

Edit Edit: Oops, ignore the vast improvement to the skirt. It's 24bbp, I forgot to reduce for the preview this time. Everything else is obeying the 15 color limit.

Kagebunji

Damn, my english fails me, haha.

I meant to lighten the skin tone, and darken hair a LITTLE bit.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Devon_v

Quote from: "Kagebunji"Damn, my english fails me, haha.

I meant to lighten the skin tone, and darken hair a LITTLE bit.

I prefer to think of it as English failing its speakers. It's on odd language.

I thought you might have meant that, but I wasn't sure if you were trying to say something else.

Here's a preview where I actually reduced it to 15 colors, and I think I failed to lighten the top skin tone last one, too. I'm seeing an improvement now, definitely more depth, and it's also showing me where I need to do better shading. I do believe you are correct that darkening the hair will improve it. The lightest hair tone and the white used as the highlight are too similar.

LastingDawn

Hmm, I appear to be in the minority on this one. I think Shadow Agrias with an empathetic look shows a lot more character in my opinion.

Though if you want the villain to be cruel and the antithesis of Agrias (who herself is rather hot-headed at times) then that evil grin works great.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

Kagebunji

I think Dark Agias port shouldn't have smile too, LD. I just didn't wanted to write it since everyone would point at me, heh.

Zaen

This might just be me, but the Egyptian Mage on the side view looks very awkward, like the head is too far forward. The breasts also look kinda unnatural.

On the Dark Agrias, either way looks fine, but the smile looks a little more sinister.
"Oh, God!! The Hokuten!!" ~Guard, Sand Rat Cellar

Zozma

Quote from: "LastingDawn"Hmm, I appear to be in the minority on this one. I think Shadow Agrias with an empathetic look shows a lot more character in my opinion.

Though if you want the villain to be cruel and the antithesis of Agrias (who herself is rather hot-headed at times) then that evil grin works great.

Just be aware, she is supposed to represet everything that the true Agrias is not, her job is even "Dark Knight"
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

LastingDawn

Quote from: "Zozma"
Quote from: "LastingDawn"Hmm, I appear to be in the minority on this one. I think Shadow Agrias with an empathetic look shows a lot more character in my opinion.

Just be aware, she is supposed to represet everything that the true Agrias is not, her job is even "Dark Knight"

Ah, but keep in mind... Agrias is a Holy Knight, not a Light Knight, the opposite of Holy is Profane. So to break away from the "Knight" (Honestly there's already too many of those in FFT... Instead of Dark Knight, perhaps Profane Paragon?

Art of War

Zozma

Ahh LD that does make it sound more interesting, plus, i could give her a unique combination of skills that way

jimmyjw88

I do agree that "Knight" is overused. What about Templar? Not sure if it fits.
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Kagebunji

I always thought that Templar should be Beowulf/Aliste exclusive, tbh.

Zozma

It is, Templar is out of the question as well

LastingDawn

A Templar is someone who upholds Holy Law, very akin to a Holy Knight. What is "Holy" about the Holy Knight is that it is an earned title from the Royal Family, just as Arc Knight and Heavenly Knight is, then to back that claim up is Orlandu's title of Holy Swordsman. We know he cares very little for the church from the start, so the church wouldn't give him the title. What personally surprises me is that Beowulf as a "Hunter" was allowed to keep his title of Templar.Well we know his skills are canon, as Zalmo the Holy Priest was Meant to be able to cast some of the Templar's spellblade skills.

Art of War

Zozma

perhaps something neither good nor evil as a title, like "Blademaster" altho i am likely to just give that title to Lady Frimelda anyway

jimmyjw88

I see. Well, that certainly doesn't fit Sir Zozma's description for Agrias. Haha.
Thanks for the elaboration though, Sir LD.
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Oberon

Beowulf was framed though, because bredmont(the asshole) declared him a heretic out out of jealousy over reis. besides isnt a templar basically jus a knight version of a mystic?

Asmo X

Back and back diag not finished. This sprite is a fucking nuisance but I'd like to get the skull and spine from as many views as possible just so it's done and out of the way.

Kagebunji

I wouldn't mind seeing this finished, you know :P

GeneralStrife

Finish it asmo, and let the heavens shine upon you a golden fountain full of beer

Knox

Looks decent in those frames for the most part Asmo, though It could just be me but that red seems a bit bright ( maybe its the white background ) And the head seems a little bit tiny in the front side view frame. And now that i look closer the shoulder looks a little awkward in the back side view.
Hope that helps, I'm not great at crits but there ya go lol.
  • Modding version: PSX
~Auranhiem