• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 18, 2024, 05:49:21 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

What the? A russian site has an article about FFT Hacks?

Started by Dome, December 23, 2011, 08:25:00 pm

Dome

http://valour.ru/fft-versions
It's russian, but I don't know much else...
I just know that it gave a lot of views to my FFT: Plus video, so it must be a well-known site

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

arne_friedrich

Lol how are you even able to understand what teyre saying? o.o

Pierce

I just copied all the text and plugged it into Google Translate a moment ago.
When I first saw the site I was thinking "Oh cool! People in Russia modding FFT?" but unfortunately this is more of a page to talk about the game. It's more like a game review, and happens to include a brief synopsis of the CoP, FFT:Complete, FFT+, and [the patch which we aren't allowed to talk about anymore].
Nonetheless, this is pretty cool. FFH is making a presence internationally now.
Ignorance itself is a crime! - Miluda

GeneralStrife

nah we've been known everywhere for who knows how long, that one japanese site has been poking at us forever, they made some sprites from our stuff, most messy though.

RedWorld

I see Fire Emblem characters. LOL!

Oh wow! Even Call of Power's on it! We're popular! <333

"Dear God, what's it like in your funny little brains? It must be boring." - Sherlock Holmes

Celdia

Aww, I guess CCP isn't groundbreaking enough to get notice on there.
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

Kuraudo Sutoraifu

I found this awhile back ago, which actually was what brought me back to FFH:
http://socksmakepeoplesexy.net/index.php?a=fft

It mentions FFH under the heading "THE GAME!" section.

Kokojo

''Technical design - the most interesting thing in "Call of" is. The plot is standard, boring conversations, and ill-conceived battle to exhaustion complicated (well, as without it). The project demonstrates the great state of fan FFT-community. People get the hand to put the game in all sorts of poses, but the sensible ideas they desperately lack.''

Q_Q

I hope google translate is wrong! :P
I keep leaving, I keep coming back. Boomerang boy.

Lijj

Quote from: Celdia on December 24, 2011, 10:33:32 am

Hmm, you'd think something so closely resembling something they are quite familiar with; the CCCP, would stick out to the Russians.
:p

formerdeathcorps

Quote from: Kokojo on December 24, 2011, 08:04:24 pm
''Technical design - the most interesting thing in "Call of" is. The plot is standard, boring conversations, and ill-conceived battle to exhaustion complicated (well, as without it). The project demonstrates the great state of fan FFT-community. People get the hand to put the game in all sorts of poses, but the sensible ideas they desperately lack.''

Q_Q

Nope.  You know, I think that's what Kalas was trying to tell you, but you had to hear it from a Russian instead.
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

Trotmeister

Hello, Valour.ru admin here. Looks like my article caused some confusion, so I'd like to clarify a few things.

Quote from: Pierce on December 23, 2011, 10:26:39 pmunfortunately this is more of a page to talk about the game. It's more like a game review, and happens to include a brief synopsis of the CoP, FFT:Complete, FFT+, and [the patch which we aren't allowed to talk about anymore].

That's the gist of it, yeah. FFT once again became a hot topic in summer, when SE released it on iPhone. People were discussing how it fared in comparison to older releases, so I've got the idea to make an overview of all versions of the game that were released so far. I've included some of the more prominent hacks as well, since Valour covers not only an official side of strategic/tactical RPG business, but an unofficial one as well (fan-made translations mostly).

Quote from: Celdia on December 24, 2011, 10:33:32 am

I have to admit I sort of screwed up there. I wasn't familiar with your project when I was writing the article. At that point I was sick of replaying FFT over and over (one hack in particular drained much of my willpower), so I've just scrolled through a few topics about CCP and dismissed it as yet another rebalancing job. I believe there was no Master Guide for it back then, so the full scale of changes you've made tragically eluded me. However, now that I've seen the Guide, it's obvious to me that CCP should be mentioned as well.

Simply adding it to the hacks section won't do, though. Nearly half a year have passed since the article was published, so it's only getting an occasional hits now and a small revision isn't likely to get noticed. I'll post an overview of CCP in the news section - that way, it'll appear on the front page. The problem is - currently, I simply don't have the time to try it out. Could you send me some info via PM? Some details that you think are important, the ones that are absent from the Master Guide. Also, do you have a longer trailer? The one I found is only 30 seconds long. Although, if there are no other options, we're going to have to go with that.

Quote from: Kokojo on December 24, 2011, 08:04:24 pm
Q_Q

Google's translation is abominable, but yeah, I didn't enjoy the hack very much. From a gamedesign standpoint, it's a catastrophe. Still, what you've done with FFT is really impressive, so it definitely deserved a mention along with the other hacks.

Eternal

Hello Trotmeister, thanks for your wonderful insight. We're always happy to have people play and review the mods here, since all feedback helps.

In addition to CCP, FFT: Arena's another patch FFH is really putting a lot into, and we're planning on having an AI Tournament with it very soon. Parted Ways is also currently playable, though not 100% finished. Please join us on IRC, and I'd love to speak with you more.

Regarding CoP... yeah, I'm working with Koko on changing some of the Items and Jobs up a bit some. Luckily, we have all the time in the world!

Thanks again for the article!
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Dome

Hello, Russian Admin!
As Eternal already said, we are always happy if people reviews our patches, because feedbacks are always needed (Expecially if they come from outside our site)

Just want to point out that today both FFT: Plus and FFT: Arena should get a new release, so stay tuned! XD

P.s:

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Celdia

Quote from: Trotmeister on December 25, 2011, 05:18:39 am
Simply adding it to the hacks section won't do, though.

Oh, I don't mind. ^_^ You certainly don't need to go to the trouble of doing something new based on it unless you really want to. I was only commenting for the sake of commenting before. If you want to just add it as a footnote with the original reviews and link to the 30-second trailer (yes that is all there is for it currently) then that would be perfectly fine. I haven't really started advertising or distributing CCP beyond our own forum yet because I don't feel its completed the way I would like it to be.

Maybe when I'm ready to move out of FFH with it to post it on other sites as a completed work I'll contact you with more info then if you still wanted to do a bigger piece about it.

Edit because apparently my choice of words worried some people. >_> I'm not going anywhere, folks.
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

Trotmeister

Quote from: Eternal248 on December 25, 2011, 05:22:22 am
In addition to CCP, FFT: Arena's another patch FFH is really putting a lot into, and we're planning on having an AI Tournament with it very soon.

I've watched a few battles on YouTube, but the concept of this whole "AI Tournament" thing kind of eluded me. I assume there are some rules, rosters or something like that? I might write about it when it begins.

Quote from: Eternal248 on December 25, 2011, 05:22:22 am
Please join us on IRC, and I'd love to speak with you more.

Chatting in real time might be tricky, since we live in radically different time zones. I'll drop by sometime.

Quote from: Dome on December 25, 2011, 05:53:22 am
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Bs55vagTYE

I've replaced prologue battle video with this trailer.

Quote from: Celdia on December 25, 2011, 08:30:46 am
You certainly don't need to go to the trouble of doing something new based on it unless you really want to.

Don't worry, I'm not going out of my way just to be nice. Replacing the original job system is a feat no other hack accomplished (to my knowledge, that is), and it definitely should've been reported in the article. Besides, it's not like there's a lot of news popping up regarding tactical RPGs. We've had a blast these few last weeks when Atlus was teasing people with a new game, but stuff like that doesn't happen often. So, yeah, it's no problem at all.

Cheetah

Nice site, and I appreciate your inclusion of our hacks. For the record, your comments on FFT:Complete are spot on.
Current Projects:

Kagebunji

Hah, I assure you time zones aren't really a problem, I am living in Poland myself, but it is no issue whatsoever.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Kokojo

I keep leaving, I keep coming back. Boomerang boy.