• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

FFT Arena Single Class Challenge AI Tournament

Started by Barren, December 20, 2012, 10:33:32 pm

Angel

Went better than I thought it would, after round one. I was expecting to waste all my turns on talk skills instead of beating Eternal's chattybitches to death.
  • Modding version: PSX
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

Eternal

Round Two sucked, but for the most part everything went as planned. GG!
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

TrueLight

reinoe just didn't have enough DPS to take down those tanky Thieves.

Darkness Nova ftw. Reks never really got his offense going and those Time Mages are quite the nuisance with their Time Magic

Magic guns still hurt.

reinoe

December 23, 2012, 08:57:55 pm #44 Last Edit: December 23, 2012, 10:51:51 pm by reinoe
Hi-Potion/Auto Potion shenanigans in round 2 were particularly awful to watch.  Despite facing Undead, Delphic Oracle never cast Raise 2 on the enemy.  Things are looking grim for the Fouracles.    There were so many things I didn't take into account for this tourney and in retrospect there's one glaring issue with the team.  Oh well, live and learn.

edit: lol at one of the Oracles getting hit with Magic Ruin and then Countering with Absorb MP.
My dreams can come true!

Dokurider

Me vs Reinoe: Reinoe simply didn't have the DPS to kill me. His only notable source of damage was Ivory Rod and Zodiac. It didn't help that I'm running on a strong anti-magic bent. It's odd that I never got Raise 2 casted on me. I guess I kept the team too busy to try that.

The Damned vs Reks: Well well well, the Damned finally won a match for the first time in a month. A well timed combination of Stop and Don't Move allowed him to utterly sweep with the Demis and Comet without letting Reks mount any kind of offense.

Toshiko vs Eternal: It begins. I think that Toshiko could have won these provided that she um, not use Female ninjas. It would have netted her some precious DPS that could have gotten her the win. I also think she could have benefited strongly from having Shuriken. But if you had fun, then that's all that matters.

Angel

Quote from: Dokurider on December 23, 2012, 09:17:32 pm
Toshiko vs Eternal: ... But if you had fun, then that's all that matters.

Ja, that's all I was going for. Barren needed a slot to fill, and I thought it would be fun. I honestly have very little idea of what I'm doing. Even if I lose every match, I at least got a round off on Eternal. 8D
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

Avalanche

Quote from: Barren on December 23, 2012, 07:13:57 pm
FFT Arena SCC AI Tournament Round 1 Block B - reinoe vs Dokurider

FFT Arena SCC AI Tournament Round 1 Block B - Reks vs The Damned

FFT Arena SCC AI Tournament Round 1 Block B - Toshiko vs Eternal

In my opionion Thief are one of the strongest clases out there. Everyone of the Thiefes in this Team is a good unit but i think they dont harmonize so great. Still a great Team.

Seems like i underestimated the Power of Time

both great Team. this was fun to watch. But i dont know why but i dont like that those elemental Guns are so damn strong.

The Damned

(Thanks for the videos as always, Barren.)

This especially due to me remembering what a pain in the ass ePSXe seems to be....

Hunh. The Oracles were more a danger to themselves than the Thieves, especially since for some reason, the Raise 2 Oracle didn't bother even trying that on the Thief once unlike the Oracle with Item. I also only realized just now that only one unit on reinoe's team blocks Silence and that same unit can't cure it, though at least Oracle with Item can; it's just that he doesn't have Throw Item. So Charm basically screwed him over where getting stabbed in the face didn't, given his only semi-consistent source of offense is Zodiac and he has no damaging way of getting past M-EV.

When combined with the Thieves natural speed advantage, I'm surprised this wasn't more one-sided or quicker. Also surprised that the AI was intelligently using Speed Ruin and Magic Ruin, particularly the latter without anyone having to be in mid-charge. For some reason, it tends to want to do bag-smacks than anything remotely productive half of the time.

Hunh. I...won? ...That quickly too?

Didn't expect that, especially given that Bards tend to manhandle me, Reks tends to use them and Time Mage's squishiness combined with the faster AI's tendency to charge forward into death even when not in range. That combined with me apparently miscalculating Bleed's (initial?) Speed with Move=0 had me dreading being on the end of another curbstomp after seeing the short time.

...And yet, my Time Mages acted competently, even that initial Haste, and didn't get greedy with anything despite the fact they easily could have. They didn't focus too much on Slow 2 or the Demis like I feared they might, but instead went for Stop, Don't Move and assured damage of Comet. Hell, Warp's Auto Potion went off almost every time as well and Float actually got to use Sinkhole.

It definitely helped that Reks' initial strike in the first round was...lackluster and oddly physical despite the Bards' capability and that for some reason Stop had 72% chance of hitting apparently all but the Taurus Bard, who had/has Bad compat. with Countdown. Also helped that of the Lords available, Earth Dragon is the worst to use against this team after Shadow Shade since two units are completely immune, Countdown only takes half and Bleed gets her MP entirely restored for Shadow Shade.

That second round was just rather brutal. No one on Reks's team even got to attack save for two instances of Paralyze targeting just one person, one of which missed somehow.

Regardless, GG Reks. I'm sure you'll have better chance in the other Rounds.

Sigh, spellguns really do seem too powerful still. I no longer look "forward" to having a use for Projectile Guard, especially since Countdown is no longer wearing a Robe and Mediators have 9 Speed too (which I keep forgetting). That has yet to happen though and I am digressing.

When it comes to this match, for being a "joke team" apparently, Toshiko's team actually didn't do that poorly despite the spellguns, odd weapon and ability choice aside, i.e. using Mage Masher second after Dual Cutters instead of Platina Dagger. That said, the sub-Death Sentence focus definitely worked in the second round. That round was kind of hilarious.

I'm a bit confused why Ayane, the few times she got to attack before inevitably dying to spellgun barrage, didn't seem to use Kagesougi instead choose to attack normally. Maybe it's because of female PA being slightly lower so that AI didn't seem like it was worth?

Shrug. That's the failure of Dead or Alive for you; I'm surprised Short Edge still failed as hard. Eternal apparently got really unlucky if that's accidentally 50% now.

Speaking of accidental percentages ala Short Edge, it would seem that Mage Masher is going off 100% of the time from what I've noticed. Might want to fix that.
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

TrueLight

December 26, 2012, 01:42:51 pm #50 Last Edit: December 26, 2012, 01:54:07 pm by TrueLight
Well, that was a long match. Dol held on long enough to gather the MA/PA to do enough damage to the Chemists.

Geomancers did constant damage and Pride couldn't recover.

Hmmm...long maps seem to be my weakness. I guess I should have calculated my movement range but oh well. Those Scholars were quite tanky for not having 300+ health and I just didn't inflict enough damage. At least my tanky Ninja held on for quite some time. GG Angelus.

Angelus

Good match dude, I'm happy that my scholars are functioning as they are suppose to so far. I was hoping for a book proc to cast flare but I guess I'll wait for another chance at that. maybe faith rod would have been better since i'm running

Dol

Merry Christmas or your equivalent to everyone, and thanks for all the matches Barren.

Malroth

Faith rod would only help the first wave of lores, I'd have gone with the book that procs undead to get rid of auto potion units

Avalanche

Quote from: Barren on December 26, 2012, 12:41:22 pm
FFT Arena SCC AI Tournament Round 1 Block C - AeroGP vs Dol

FFT Arena SCC AI Tournament Round 1 Block C - Avalanche vs Pride

FFT Arena SCC AI Tournament Round 1 Block C - TrueLight vs Angelus

Wow incredible long yet not boring Match both good Teams i suppose. but on paper the Samurai Team  looks like a hardcounter to this Gunwielding Chemist.

Well after this 50 min. Match i think this was refreshing

I am a bit afraid of this Scholar Team i think they could be able to beat even my Geomancer Team

formerdeathcorps

Faith Rod isn't a good idea when you have to face spell gunners.  That's a guaranteed 1HKO.
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

The Damned

December 26, 2012, 09:45:09 pm #56 Last Edit: December 27, 2012, 10:23:47 am by The Damned
(Yeah, Faith Rod is basically a guaranteed death unless you have White Robe or Projectile Guard. That said, given the current Pilgrimage power-up, a strengthened Spellgunner with even just "decent" MA can easily OHKO most mages after just two steps. Hurray for obvious balance.)

Speaking of spellgun stupidity, I knew I wasn't overacting to those POSs and their still too-high level of power. Ugh.

Anyway, most importantly, thanks for suffering through that Barren. Trying to record things myself now has made me realize even more what a pain in the ass is, especially when it comes to editing stuff that's so lengthy.

I can't answer AeroGP's question of he has become without inadvertently calling him an expletive, so I'll just redirect my ire towards other things by saying "Fuck Spellguns and fuck Quickening." I'd curse Masamune too, but that was actually the least bullshit thing going on in this match when came to either team, which is really saying something.

I "like" how either team only really won a round because their opponent decided to be extra stupid and split up. Otherwise, there's no telling how long this would have dragged. AeroGP probably would have won overall given Projectile Guard had to eventually fail as it did in the first Round. Well, he would have had one of his female Chemists not meandered off like an idiot in the second round and his Blast Gunner did the same suicidal thing in the third round.

It's really sickening to see otherwise not magickal units freely get high, instant damage that dwarfs the power of most mages. I'm increasingly convinced all three spellguns just need to die, which is also saying a lot because as much as Phoenix Blade has been tormenting me in recordings, I don't even feel that way around that yet.

For some reason, I hadn't realized that Pride was in this tournament and that he had Priests until I saw the match get posted and I checked the front page. It's rather interesting that despite having resurrection on all units he went down so quickly, especially since the two non-Draw Out bots weren't doing all that much damage with Elemental (though more than Elemental has been doing as of late on most units). I guess two Chirijiradens were more than enough though given both the overall (overwhelming) power of (that) Draw Out and that only the first Priest had M-EV (if she wasn't Charging something).

Regardless of his loss, I'm still impressed that the fourth Priest's Holy does 493 damage with neutral compat. and "only" 70 Faith. Hunh. Some of his equipment choice otherwise seems a bit...odd though.

Yeah...I'm going to say much about this match because I just talked about Scholars to death in the Balance thread and I've already said that Kagesougi really doesn't need Don't Act.

So, at present, I'll just say that two Platina Daggers is really unlikely to work well. That or just be a "win-more". Also, even if Tsumazuku actually got use, which it unlikely went, as this match showed, Happy (and Erza too, frankly) would have benefit from being able to have some offense at a distance.

Regardless, as it was, even if they had though things, Angelus almost certainly would have still won just because TrueLight's team has literally no offensive AoE while Angelus has it in spades. This combined with the all-map Lores being unavoidable and...yeah. Inevitable.

I really don't look forward to Angelus vs. AeroGP in Round 2.
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

reinoe

Projectile Guard works while casting.  Yay!  Also it's nice to know that whatever bug there was with P.G. has indeed been fixed. It's also interesting to note that if those Magic gun wielding Chemists were Archers instead, the additional power might have sealed the deal for AeroGP instead.  Chemists cannot run Magic Attack Up+Kaiser Plate.

My dreams can come true!

Malroth

I concidered going that way in my archer team but the extra MA, 50% spell evasion and silence immunity had me going for Aegis shields so i could run a hard Rez and haste 2 on my gunners.

Taichii

i LOLed real hard at the throw hi potion at the undead oracle then autopotion suicide on himself hahaha XDD
Please do share your ideas and suggestion for my project:
FINAL FANTASY TACTICS : LEGEND OF MANA

Join our RP :)
"Desperation"

"PAIN. THAT'S WHAT KEEPS YOU HUMAN"