• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 19, 2024, 05:17:03 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Oberon's sprites

Started by Oberon, April 14, 2010, 04:23:52 pm

Oberon

April 14, 2010, 04:23:52 pm Last Edit: May 17, 2010, 03:16:35 pm by Oberon
Finally finished it. i had to redesign some of the body parts so that it works as a type 1 sprite. now i can relax.  :D

Oberon

forgot the potrait....:p

degrofm

There are some poses where you didn't change the hair...like the "Dead" and "Critical" poses. I'd recommend fixing that.

Cheetah

Nice color selection as a whole, and a good start. As degrofm mentioned you are aren't quite done yet. I would also looking at Zalbagg as a reference for how to do the back of his cape around the neckline and improve all the rear angle frames.
Current Projects:

mav

Not bad, not bad. I'm not a fan of the hair and cape being the same colors, but I guess it can't be helped. I'd consider lightening the hair color just a tad though. Again, good start--I have no huge complaints so far.

Kagebunji

This looks extremely similiar to my Traveler concept, it is just missing collar and have other colors, do what others mentioned
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Oberon

I am aware that all of the poses have not been changed. its jus i get sidetrackd a lot and jus feeling lazy sometimes. hehe, luckily im almost finished i jus got to edit a few more body sprites and then itll be finished. ill load it up once its done.

Lijj

I'd advise putting another color on the cape if you can afford to. It's too stark it looks like he has a flat panel stuffed under his cape.
  • Modding version: PSX

Oberon

ok all traces of elmdore is gone, now i jus gota add some detail in some areas.

@Lijj it doesnt seem that dark to me. i could try lighten the capes tone a bit and see if it helps, or are you saying it looks too plain?

@kagebunji i think seen it, is it the one with the mystic hat and suit like attire?

Kagebunji

Yup, that is the one Oberon. Also I don't know if anyone said this, but:

WELCOME TO FFHACKTICS, WHERE ALL YOUR DREAMS COME TRUE!
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Lijj

O! I think the lightest and darkest shades on the cloak are probably just too high contrast. I bet making the the lightest color a few shades darker would be it. I'm no expert

Oberon

@Kagebunji thanx youre the first person whos said that to me =)

@Lijj the cape has the medium and dark tone colors, i could try darken the medium tone a bit and see if it helps but it mit make the cape look like has only color, idk il try it and see how it looks.

@cheetah thanx for the tip on using zalbaag as a reference, the back sprites look a lil more better now.

Oberon

I finally finished the sprite. :) download is at the top. feel free to send any feedback about it.

Lijj

Hmmm looks pretty cool. 1st DL!

Seth

I'm Gonna Use this! Thanks

Oberon

Well im back with another sprite project, this one basically Cloud n his full AC garb. I still gota edit the rest of the frames, but i think i mit need some help with the back attack sprites. they kinda dont look rit to me....idk, can someone help me here?