• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

[Old] ALL old topics created before the FULL release (Merged together!)

Started by Dome, December 05, 2010, 02:02:09 pm

Which one is the best, and why?

Ignore
0 (0%)
this
0 (0%)
topic
0 (0%)
!!!!!1111
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Chrona

Agree with all those, would also put elemental arrow attacks on the Hunter(?) for type covering if monsters all get a weakness
Silver Noble

Chrona

Is there a way to manipulate all battles per chapter? I like the idea of making super rare stuff unstealable but fighting someone with a Broadsword in a Ch4 random would be rather disheartening
Silver Noble

LightningHax

Quote- Storyline battle enemies level should be the same level of your party, and only bosses should be set on "Party level + something"
- Equipment of storyline battles enemies should be fixed, and just a "tier" upper yours (steal it's still worthy, because you can get things before you can buy them in stores)

I like the sound of this, but I'm not sure if it will work as planned. For now, this works.

QuoteRandom battles should only contain monsters, or immortal humans with maintenance as an ability, or humans with fixed equipment, in this way you can't steal better equipment that the one you can get in stores/storyline battles

OK, but I don't like the immortal flag part. Having immortal enemies everywhere will devalue some status ailments. Maybe you could just get rid of invite. Besides, even if you increase the % like you say in the Ramza thread, 5% is not enough, but too much will make it broken. Just get rid of it. Other than that, give most enemies fixed equipment. After all in most other RPGs, random battles from old areas become pathetically easy endgame, so make most randoms have fixed gear, then make 1 or 2 randoms per map have <random>. That should keeps status viable in randoms and keep steal useful in Chapter 4.

LastingDawn

To reiterate... no "Knight" title works for Ramza. The various Knight titles are given only by the Church and Nobility and heaven knows that Ramza is not going to gain their favor anytime soon. His final class should be Heretic. It's what he is known as for the entirety of Chapter 4. 1.3 displayed this well with "Scream" doing something that made Ramza seem rather dangerous and unpredictable and this worked Very well.  Taking away Ultima from Ramza in the normal game is taking away part of the underlying meaning behind the character, so I must insist that stay. Invite does not work as a Chapter 4 skill. By that point hardly anyone is invitable and it no longer fits the framework of Ramza. Remember he is considered a Heretic by this point. Honeyed words would do little good towards those that fear for their immortal souls.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

LastingDawn

Part of 1.3's appeal to me was Stealing goodies from every foe I could come across. I absolutely loved that about 1.3. With the ever moving equipment border up until the 30's and by that time Rare equipment started to be supplied to some story enemies. If you can somehow keep a good variety while keeping the Steal commands as useful then go for it.  But I dislike entirely not being able to steal from foes in Random battles. The Randoms weren't redone with a lot of humans for the express purpose of the units not being worth anything. You'll need to really find a good balance to pull this off well.

Art of War

Dome

Quote from: "LastingDawn"To reiterate... no "Knight" title works for Ramza. The various Knight titles are given only by the Church and Nobility and heaven knows that Ramza is not going to gain their favor anytime soon. His final class should be Heretic. It's what he is known as for the entirety of Chapter 4. 1.3 displayed this well with "Scream" doing something that made Ramza seem rather dangerous and unpredictable and this worked Very well.  Taking away Ultima from Ramza in the normal game is taking away part of the underlying meaning behind the character, so I must insist that stay. Invite does not work as a Chapter 4 skill. By that point hardly anyone is invitable and it no longer fits the framework of Ramza. Remember he is considered a Heretic by this point. Honeyed words would do little good towards those that fear for their immortal souls.
Yeah, you are right, titles are given by the church...but in the end, he is the only one that is truly following Balbanes's words about the Beoulve's honor
I must admit that I don't understand why taking away ultima takes away  a part of the underlying meaning behind the character...can you explain that?
I agree with the meaning behind the "scream" skill, but gameplay-wise it sucks...
I disagree about the "invite" skill: I don't think everyone believes in god in Ivalice, and someone that can be convinced by words (Or money) can always be found...

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Chrona

Invite fits in well on the earlier chapters if anything, storywise.
Silver Noble

LastingDawn

Ultima is something special, just as Wish is. Only five story characters have it and two of them are Ultima Demons in disguise. It is something unspoken but Alma and Ramza have something special about them that they can also attain Ultima, it may deal something with them being the "Descendants of Altima's Slayer in years past". Taking away Ultima would be the same as taking away Wish, it just should not be done. It takes away a layer of depth in doing so.

Aside from that I applaud you changing Wish back to Ramza/Delita/Teta/Alma only.

Also Scream itself is subject to change, if you really want it to be viable might as well make it an M-Barrier with Berserk attached to it.

Art of War

Chrona

Silver Noble

Chrona

Just an off-hand thought - many monster types have alternate graphics present in the game. Any chance of making say dark dragon/skeleton/bird a 4th tier monster? Or would that just take too much recoding for those classes alone
Silver Noble

Dome

Quote from: "Chrona"Is there a way to manipulate all battles per chapter? I like the idea of making super rare stuff unstealable but fighting someone with a Broadsword in a Ch4 random would be rather disheartening
Don't worry, with FFPatcher we can decide each piece of equipment the enemy will wear
If we want, nothing at all will be "Random"

If enemies equipped items are better that the one you can buy in stores, steal will be always worth
It just won't be gamebreaking as before, because you won't be able to steal end-game equipment in chapter 1 (In 1.3 it was possible)

Dome

@Chrona: Ramza has only 3 classes aviable
I like the first and the second, but I must admit I don't like the last name...Heretic seems so "Bad" and Ramza is one of the most "Pure" characters I've ever played...Maybe Knight is not fitting for the reasons explained above, but I don't like "Heretic"

@Lasting_dawn: Yeah, I've decided to follow the suggestion you gave some time ago to Arch (?)...I like the idea of wish being exclusive to the characters that are pure of heart
About Scream...it WILL be changed, because as it is now is useles...

Anyway, I will upgrade the first post, I will post some better explaination about each skill

Chrona

I see what you mean - it should be what Ramza sees himself as in a way, not how the world sees him.

I'd say Beoulve as a tribute to his father but he basically rejected his family name based on how his brothers were acting. It should be something like Freedom Fighter except not nearly as cheesy.

Son Of Balbanes?
Silver Noble

Dome

Quote from: "Chrona"Just an off-hand thought - many monster types have alternate graphics present in the game. Any chance of making say dark dragon/skeleton/bird a 4th tier monster? Or would that just take too much recoding for those classes alone
It's possible, but I don't know if it's worth or not...

Chrona

Probably isn't, just wanted to propose some kind of idea to get this topic started. That and I wanted an excuse to use Dark Dragon XD
Silver Noble

Dome

Quote from: "Chrona"Probably isn't, just wanted to propose some kind of idea to get this topic started. That and I wanted an excuse to use Dark Dragon XD
We can make him a powerful enemy xD

Chrona

Going to bring up an idea from the long thread - bring back br/fa altering, but cap it at something like 30/70 (or 25/75?). You can still cast Chicken on someone, but their perma-brave wouldn't go below 30.
Silver Noble

Dome

Quote from: "Chrona"Going to bring up an idea from the long thread - bring back br/fa altering, but cap it at something like 30/70 (or 25/75?). You can still cast Chicken on someone, but their perma-brave wouldn't go below 30.
TBH I don't know if it's possible...

thi13en

I could suggest CH4 Ramza be Light Bringer or something near that, since he's on the mission to purge the evil and save his sister.