• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 07:23:33 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Lady Frimelda

Started by Zozma, May 26, 2010, 07:55:29 pm

mav

The sprite looks fantastic, but the palette certainly needs some tweaking. Her chest may be a wee bit too bosomy, but this is definitely a great start. Good luck, everyone.

R999

May 29, 2010, 05:51:27 pm #21 Last Edit: January 28, 2011, 05:55:02 pm by twinees
@Kage: You used Agrias' arms...I changed:

1. Meliadoul's arms.
2. Custom Hair (easy edit from Teta's).
3. Mime W's body (with modifications).
(spent about 10 minutes on this edit so don't expect quality)

Edit: 4. Added Onion Knight boots (though, perhaps they maybe too large for her).

It is still terrible (needs a lot of tweaks), but I think this is a better representation of the character.
I started on this mostly because how those breast sizes bothered me.

VampragonLord

i think the left one looks best out of those 3
15:05   slave: consensual slavery is the best thing ever~

Zozma

wow either of those look fantastic! i guess theres no need for me to work on a specialized head anymore, theres one right here.

if you dont change anything about meliadoul's arms or alter the boots much the sprite would be relatively easy to do. it looks soo good tho i have to hand it to you R999, The color palette is perfect as well, no oversaturation or anything.

i think using the onion knight boots might be for the best, the white on the archer boots may be too much detail which isn't necessary on such small sprites. As i said too, i dont think the slight alterations to meliadoul's arms are necessary as too much detail wont look good (but my main reason is, the sprite will be MUCH easier to complete if they arent changed other than recolored to the proper palette)
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

jimmyjw88

Very nice, both of you. Looks great.
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Kagebunji

Yeah, colors on mine are terrible, I wasn't borrowing any from other sprites.
QuoteHer chest may be a wee bit too bosomy
Lol, they sure are. It is a recolor of Melodia's, they stick out with changed colors, haha.

Quote@Kage: You used Agrias' arms
No, this is Miluda, their's arms are identical though. I am tired I s'pose, I thought you said "Miluda", not Meliadoul to use for arms in the first place, haha.
The breasts on your sprite needs serious tweaking, it looks like flood of random pixels now, skirt looks kinda awkward too. Those Onion boots looks better, and hair is amazing. Good job, lookin forward.

R999

@Zozma, Kage: You guys are giving me way too much credit heh, thanks for the compliments and I am glad that you guys liked the design. Personally, I am not quite satisfied with the hair (it's not quite like the character illustration's, there are some clear inconsistencies). But it's workable I suppose. Nor am I satisfied with her masculine / husky shape, overall speaking.

Colors
The colors need to be normalized more, the clothing colors are too cold while the rest of the sprite is too warm; ie make either the hair/ boots/arms less warm or make the dress warmer in tone. On another note, some simple color reduction is necessary here... ideally I would want the sprite so it can work with blonde hair, but that might not be possible.

Shading Errors / Random Pixelation
I made some errors while copying and pasting the parts around but they should be easy enough to fix. I didn't intentionally modify Meliadoul's arms; whenever possible it is best to not touch the arms (even with the new ShiShi it still dramatically increases the time it takes to finish a sprite).

PS: I won't be working on this sprite atm. But eventually I will probably pick it back up in the future. Although for what it is -- using Teta + Meliadoul + Mime W + Onione Knight W -- it should be fairly easy to put together a basic sprite.

Zozma

the husky/masculine look is unavoidable due to the arms, there is nothing wrong with that at all

and as for the hair? id say shift the stuff on the left side up a few pixels and make that bottom part that u see in the picture stick out a lot more and it should be good. FFT sprites are tiny so there is nothing wrong with and in fact it is necessary to leave out some detail.

in fact, you should see the DS sprite of her which is even smaller, so little detail can be applied, she looks much better in this version as is.
this sprite concept actually does her much more justice than the ffta2 version anyway.

Knox

Thats pretty amazing R999, I envy you lol.
  • Modding version: PSX
~Auranhiem

Zozma

ive recently played the game with her in it and she definately looks better in this representation... im jus sayin

Kagebunji

I want this finished, any update, R999?

R999

@Kage: Sadly no. Although as I have said it isn't too difficult to make this sprite. The only problem that I can imagine working with these bases is that the ONION_KNIGHT_W is not easy to align well with a Type2 body without some serious editing work (which is fine really, because the chest is often the easiest part to do a custom part).

Anyway as I have said I wasn't happy with how she looks in that prototype so I am not really motivated to even do a rough draft of her. I'll get back to her in the future for sure though, in perhaps 2 weeks or so.

Although I do agree with Zozma that she looks a hell lot better than FFTA2.

Zozma

could you post a normal sized bmp of that concept sprite here so ppl can play with it?
is it only 16 colors because... umm...

R999

June 09, 2010, 09:04:19 pm #33 Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 09:07:54 pm by R999
Well, I decided to play with her again today.

I think I am finally happy with her now so I will be working on her. The body is custom, so is the hair. I will finish this sprite in the future. Yes, this sprite is 16 colors.

Zozma

looks great! u could also use the green for her eyes too actually,
can you show the backside too? :o lol

at any rate, great job so far R999 the detail on the hair really does resemble the portrait

jimmyjw88

Yes, great job with the hair. And yeah, green eyes would be nice.
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

VampragonLord

the sprite on the rights hair looks truer to the reference. Changing the eye color tends to come out odd.... leave it black.
15:05   slave: consensual slavery is the best thing ever~

mav

I'd say go with the hair on the right, R999. I agree with Vamp on the eye color too, but let's see it anyways, just in case. Great job so far.

Kagebunji

She looks great now. Hair on the right is far better, that is for sure. I don't quite like the legs though. It is not that it it is bad executed, it just does not fit this sprite, makes her look bulky and less feminine. I would suggest trying Balmafula's legs, but I doubt they fit the reference. Anyway, good job, and good luck.

Zozma

Quote from: "Kagebunji"She looks great now. Hair on the right is far better, that is for sure. I don't quite like the legs though. It is not that it it is bad executed, it just does not fit this sprite, makes her look bulky and less feminine. I would suggest trying Balmafula's legs, but I doubt they fit the reference. Anyway, good job, and good luck.

i think the one on the left is merely to show that Tietra's head was used as a base..
and her current legs fit the reference, id suggest not changing a thing, especially since R999 is not likely to work on this all the way and introduced it as a concept sprite (at least untill there are less priorities anyway)... tho has done a really good job thusfar