• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Weapon/Item Editting

Started by VincentCraven, March 20, 2008, 07:15:01 am

Asmo X

April 08, 2008, 10:34:17 pm #120 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Asmo X
I figured the Rainbow Staff would be alright against Undead. Maybe if it casts something higher like Raise2.

haha. Yeah I was about to come in here and mention that LastingDawn gave me a hand again. The Mace of Zeus was one of his. 25% chance to cast it would be alright I suppose but I'll wait to see what Vincent has in mind.

VincentCraven

April 09, 2008, 08:08:30 am #121 Last Edit: April 09, 2008, 07:18:15 pm by VincentCraven
Okay, for staffs Mace of Zeus is nice if we can change the formula to Shock's formula. Can we give Rainbow Staff Phoenix Down's formula? Raise 25% could work too: not everything has to have a particularly useful niche. I'd have to test such things to make sure these work the way we want....

Ah. Let's just pretend that they work so that we can release the Beta quicker.  The harps look good.  What I'm worried about is what we are going to do to balance helmets and armor in this fashion. So many niches are being taken up, the armor has no other place to live.
I changed jobs and that has made all the difference.

Asmo X

April 09, 2008, 10:33:30 am #122 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Asmo X
Good changes for the staffs there. Yeah, PD formula sounds great.

Helmets and armour. The Storm on the Horizon. Higher HP bonuses I think but that only delays the problem of doing something meaningful with the category. Maybe ditch those hatst that block heaps of status effects and distribute them among helmets.

Also can I just get a general idea of what each weapon category should do? So at least we know how to continue.

I know daggers were looking at +1spd and status effects.

How about Rods MA+1 and 100% chance of low tier status effects like Blind or Poison?

NeedsMoreNoise

April 09, 2008, 04:43:42 pm #123 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by NeedsMoreNoise
Just an idea:

What about making all equipment take away different amounts of speed, sortof like Tactics Ogre? Heavier equipment would decrease more, while things like certain clothes and daggers would take away 1, or even nothing. Players could make equipment decisions based on that, so even weapons with lower attacks might be used.

VincentCraven

April 09, 2008, 07:32:55 pm #124 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by VincentCraven
Oh, how I wish I could take speed away. Sorry about the Edit. I started saying I was going to work on monsters, but I will do that after I get the stuff to release the alpha version. >.>

I suppose helmets will have to have some really pathetic bonus on a few of them, but Idk. Perhaps nothing.

Daggers +sp & status effects
Nj Swd ???
Kn Swd: replace Auto-Haste w/ Auto-Regen on Excalibur; Chaos Blade w/ nothing but raw power; Defender with only really high W.Ev
Katana can cast DO? Idk
Axe? Lots of pwr but poor bonuses?
Rod cast spell on hit & MA bonus/ Str element
Flail = Fail :)
=>but srsly, Idk what to do w/ them
Cbow status effects
Longbow - ? perhaps play with range a bit?
Books - always cast spells?
Spear - positive status on user? +Jump?
Stick - block status effects?
Bags - worthless
Cloths - helps Dancers dance? Various bonuses/protections.

I didn't put a whole lot of thought into this, but I assure you I'll come back to it.
[Wait, if Tactics Ogre can do that, does that mean TO is actually better? I better play that game sometime.]

Xifanie

April 09, 2008, 07:45:31 pm #125 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
Quote from: "NeedsMoreNoise"Just an idea:

What about making all equipment take away different amounts of speed, sortof like Tactics Ogre? Heavier equipment would decrease more, while things like certain clothes and daggers would take away 1, or even nothing. Players could make equipment decisions based on that, so even weapons with lower attacks might be used.

I thought about that but the bonus stats are unsigned...

As they are unsigned that means only positive values which means from 0 to 255. If it were signed, it could have been from -128 to 127.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Lydyn

April 09, 2008, 07:46:02 pm #126 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Lydyn
Tactics Orge is better in some ways, but overall I find Final Fantasy Tactics not only better, but also more complex and overall more challenging. The only 'challenging' part of Tactics Orge on a large scale is trying to level up you dang guys ... takes .. for .. ever! The final boss is only level 35 though and the max for T.O. is level 50. If you're guys are level 50, you pretty much whip his arse.

Never the less, it is fun in it's own way. It's probably be much less editable and exciting though. There's not all that much different in the classes besides who's good at magic and who's not. *Shrug*

Edit: Oops, forgot to give my ideas on the flails, lol. Maybe make it so that they all cast spells, like the flame whip - on chance? So, it's not 100% chance they will, but they have the power + chance of casting a spell. It's make them a bit more useful... I'd also change it to a steady damage. Though that might be personal - I always hated the fact that it could read 50 damage but you could do anywhere from 15-85. >.<

Austin

April 09, 2008, 07:57:29 pm #127 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Austin
My thoughts:
Daggers- +sp & status effects
Nj Swd- They're fine
Kn Swd- replace Auto-Haste w/ Auto-Regen on Excalibur; Chaos Blade w/ nothing but 30wp; Defender with only really high W.Ev (50%), can't be 2-sworded
Katanas- 40%W.ev, can't be 2-sworded
Axe- Lots of pwr + auto-berserk
Rod cast spell on hit & MA bonus/ Str element
Flail- A Bit more pwr + low level magic spell
Cbow- status effects + 5 range, more wp on low level Cbows
Longbow - They're fine too
Books - 4 range, some more wp
Spear - High level spears are weaker, same otherwise
Stick - block status effects?
Bags - make into new weapons, they suck too much to do anything else with
Cloths - Various bonuses/protections, high W.ev

Xifanie

April 09, 2008, 09:02:33 pm #128 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
Axes:
with formula 2D; WP*PA damage, 100% add status
Battle Axe: 8WP 100% Add Blind/Silence/Slow
Giant Axe: 12WP 100% Add Confusion/Don't Move/Don't Act
Slasher: 16WP 100% Add *Cursed

Forced 2 Hands

*The Cursed status would block and cancel all possible positive status, using the Dark/Evil looking status in FFTPatcher.

I really want some weapons to have 100% add status and crossbows might be good too but it's pretty hard to recover from an axe smash don't you think?
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)

VincentCraven

April 09, 2008, 09:05:33 pm #129 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by VincentCraven
No kidding. Does the / mean OR or AND? If it's OR, then it looks nice.

Lydyn

April 09, 2008, 09:05:40 pm #130 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Lydyn
Wouldn't that make them - espeically the Giant Axe - a wee bit overpowered? Man, I'd use the Giant Axe on all my characters if it did those crazy combinations!

NeedsMoreNoise

April 09, 2008, 09:22:56 pm #131 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by NeedsMoreNoise
Quote from: "Zodiac"Axes:
with formula 2D; WP*PA damage, 100% add status
Battle Axe: 8WP 100% Add Blind/Silence/Slow
Giant Axe: 12WP 100% Add Confusion/Don't Move/Don't Act
Slasher: 16WP 100% Add *Cursed

Forced 2 Hands

*The Cursed status would block and cancel all possible positive status, using the Dark/Evil looking status in FFTPatcher.

I really want some weapons to have 100% add status and crossbows might be good too but it's pretty hard to recover from an axe smash don't you think?
I'm not sure if every weapon having some element, status effect, or spell is such a good idea. I know it'd be nice for some to, but definitely not for all. I do think there should be a couple new axes, though, and maybe one that casts one of the last four Break skills. Maybe one of the daggers could be called "Lightbringer", and it would be Holy element with a chance of casting Seal Evil.

Xifanie

April 09, 2008, 09:24:31 pm #132 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
Only the Geomancer and squires can equip axes... none are strong armored fighter. For the other jobs you'd have to sacrifice the shield slot, and a support ability. I think that's a good price to pay. And by the way, spells have high chance to hit.. the axe's only advantage is that there is no wait... pretty much like beowulf's spell but with evasion considered and attack range.

And yeah obivously "/" = OR. If I meant and, I would've used ",".

NeedsMoreNoise

April 09, 2008, 09:27:29 pm #133 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by NeedsMoreNoise
Quote from: "Zodiac"Only the Geomancer and squires can equip axes... none are strong armored fighter. For the other jobs you'd have to sacrifice the shield slot, and a support ability. I think that's a good price to pay. And by the way, spells have high chance to hit.. the axe's only advantage is that there is no wait... pretty much like beowulf's spell but with evasion considered and attack range.

And yeah obivously "/" = OR. If I meant and, I would've used ",".
Are you not planning on eventually incorporating the Berserker class in place of Mime?

Lydyn

April 09, 2008, 09:29:29 pm #134 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Lydyn
Um, sorry for misunderstanding... no need to get snappy. >.< I would say more about the axe subject, but I'd rather not get snapped at again. :?

I mean, if you're really not and I'm.. misunderstanding again, that's fine. If you are though, I'll just... uh, keep my opinions to myself with your suggestions. *Nods*

Xifanie

April 09, 2008, 09:43:18 pm #135 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
Quote from: "NeedsMoreNoise"Are you not planning on eventually incorporating the Berserker class in place of Mime?

Me? No. Karsten? Don't know but he can't replace mime with anything right now.

I doubt those axes would make berserkers very strong or even useful... their AI is kinda stupid.

NeedsMoreNoise

April 09, 2008, 09:51:46 pm #136 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by NeedsMoreNoise
Quote from: "Zodiac"
Quote from: "NeedsMoreNoise"Are you not planning on eventually incorporating the Berserker class in place of Mime?

Me? No. Karsten? Don't know but he can't replace mime with anything right now.

I doubt those axes would make berserkers very strong or even useful... their AI is kinda stupid.
It depends on what you're referring to as a Berserker, though. Some of us have made posts regarding the idea of an actual controllable character. Recently, I came up with this: http://auritech.fantopolis.com/viewtopic.php?t=214&start=40. For my personal patch, it'll replace Bard for males, while a Valkyrie or a Druid will replace females...I'm still deciding, though.

VincentCraven

April 09, 2008, 11:13:30 pm #137 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by VincentCraven
It's sad, but it is true: not every item can be useful by the end.

Asmo X

April 09, 2008, 11:14:22 pm #138 Last Edit: April 09, 2008, 11:18:34 pm by Asmo X
[edit]

Asmo X

April 09, 2008, 11:17:57 pm #139 Last Edit: April 12, 2008, 02:27:59 am by Asmo X
Ok here are some Rod ideas (shouldn't we leave Str: element to shields and other special pieces of equipment?):

Rod: WP 3, W.ev 20. MA+1

Poison Rod: WP 0, W.ev 5. MA+1, Add 100%: Poison

Thunder Rod: WP 3, W.ev 5. MA+1, Cs Bolt3

Flame Rod: WP 3, W.ev 5. MA+1, Cs Fire 3

Ice Rod: WP 3, W.ev 5. MA+1, Cs Ice 3

Wizard Rod: WP 4, W.ev 5. MA+2, Formula 2F: Absorb MP(PA*WP)

Faith Rod: WP 3, W.ev 5. MA+1, Always: Faith

Dragon Rod: WP 9, W.ev 10. MA+1, PA+1. Formula: Tail Swing: Damage = PA * (1..15) (50% chance of knockback)

Zodiac's axes should use (in my opinion):

Battle Axe: WP 8, W.ev 5. Add 100%: Slow

Giant Axe: WP 12, W.ev 5. Add 100%: Don't Move

Slasher: WP 16, W.ev 5. Add 100%: Cursed

Rage Axe: WP 20, W.ev 5. Add 100%: Darkness. Always: Berserk

Silver Bow > Rage Axe.