• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Hi there everyone

Started by Wiegraf, April 08, 2010, 05:45:03 pm

Wiegraf

Well, this was the closest thing I could find for an introduction thread. Hope it is fine.

Anyway, this week I decided to replay my favorite game, Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions (A non-hacked playthrough). I have been playing it and the depth of the story combined with some of the greatest characters I have ever had the pleasure of seeing in a video game, have made me want to sign up for this site because it seems to be the most active FFT fansite around. My favorite characters are definitely 1) Wiegraf, 2) Delita and 3) Beowulf (If only because I love classic tales such as that, and he has a fun sidequest)

I also really prefer Ramza to the rest of the FF heroes. He is the only FF hero who, I was proud to be playing as. He has a cause that is more just than anyone like Tidus or Cloud.

For a very long time, I wanted to customize the game with Lioneditor and FFTPatcher. I gave up for a while because at the time, I didnt know what CFW was lol. After I got it and had forgotten all about Lioneditor and the like, I customized the game and have made some pretty neat patches. It is a pleasure to meet all of you and I hope that I can make some friends here.

Once again, sorry if this is the wrong thread.

PS: I HIGHLY appreciate the Holy Knight Ramza s
What troubled sleep have you known to speak of my dreams? No matter how sweet, a dream must always fade into day...

-Wiegraf

Eternal

Welcome to FFH! Chances are you're going to get some... interesting... feedback for making an intro topic, but on behalf of the sane members here, welcome. Enjoy!
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Wiegraf

Ah, so I was in the wrong place after all. Dang it. Id like to say sorry in advance

Great to meet you Eternal
What troubled sleep have you known to speak of my dreams? No matter how sweet, a dream must always fade into day...

-Wiegraf

Wiegraf

I see I wasnt the only one who caught that quote Wiegraf said in his final battle. He said that religion was the opium of the people, just as Karl Marx (the inventor of communism) did. All his quotes had some sort of eerie reference to the real world in that last battle.

To me, Wiegraf was the perfect villain. In most villains, one can find some type of common ground, something to humanize them, or conversely they are shown to be evil to the core. While both types make good villains, Wiegraf actually begins the series with a noble cause and a strong belief system. He acts as a foil to Ramza, in that they both had lofty, noble aspirations, and they both fought for the sake of their sisters. Ramza easily could have taken Wiegraf's place in the story, at least as far as giving in to the desire of the stones to prolong their lives. But when Wiegraf lets go of everything he once believed, it makes the player actually hate him. To me, his actions actually elicited a degree of emotional response, which is unique to most videogame villains that I've ever come across. When I took joy in watching him die (admittedly that's also because he was a pain) it was pretty clear that he was a very well-designed villain. Although nowhere near as powerful as Elidibus, Hashmal or Ultima, he is still one of my favorite characters from the game.

-Wiegraf

Kaijyuu

I actually like Delita a lot better in that regard (apparently everyone in this game loses their sister at some point).

Ramza says at one point he "doesn't want any more people to end up like Teta." Delita on the other hand (who obviously was hurt most by Teta's murder), is all about vengeance. In the process he hurts a whole lot of people, including killing Ovelia with his own hands, whom he loved (arguably) as much if not more so than Teta.

So yeah, Delita's the ultimate dick, and I love to hate him.
  • Modding version: PSX

Archael

Wiegraf = Atheism = Correctness

Kaijyuu

I find it hard to call him an atheist when he turns into a supernatural being.

Archael

Quote from: "Kaijyuu"I find it hard to call him an atheist when he turns into a supernatural being.

what the hell does that have to do with atheism

atheism is the rejection of religious dieties / claims, not necessarily of everything "supernatural" such as a lucavi

I'm pretty sure the Lucavi aren't personal dieties in the religious sense, and don't give 3 fucks about who you have sex with or who you worship

they just wanna rizzap our world

Kaijyuu

Hrm, ok, I see your point.

I'd define athiesm a bit differently but that's not worth arguing over.

Wiegraf

Yeah, religious discussion is pretty unneccessary. I hope my username and favorite villain dont give off the impression that I myself am an atheist XD Im not saying its bad to be one, but that is far from the truth with me

-Wiegraf